OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Awesome Set List.

Also, it's quite possible that they played more AFD or non-CD songs at this concert since these people haven't seen any of the previous tours. Very likely that we get a more CD concentrated setlist in Canada!

Nonetheless, can't wait to see it.

Not sure which show you're going to there bro' but I can't wait to see them in Toronto, AGAIN. :thumbsup:

It's "GOING TO FUCKING ROCK!!!"

This will be my 3rd show and I have a very funny feeling that it's going to be the best one I've seen yet.

I think Dj is what axl and GNR truly needed to fill in the missing gaps.

Yo, I agree it's going to fucking Rock! I'm going to Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton's show. Was gonna go to London too, but the wife looked at me funny and said enough is enough, and since I am pussy whipped I stopped at three.

I've seen them like 6 times before, but I am so stoked for these ones.

Also, it's quite possible that they played more AFD or non-CD songs at this concert since these people haven't seen any of the previous tours. Very likely that we get a more CD concentrated setlist in Canada!

Not sure which show you're going to there bro' but I can't wait to see them in Toronto, AGAIN. :thumbsup:

This will be my 3rd show and I have a very funny feeling that it's going to be the best one I've seen yet.

Yo, I agree it's going to fucking Rock! I'm going to Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton's show. Was gonna go to London too, but the wife looked at me funny and said enough is enough, and since I am pussy whipped I stopped at three.

London? England?

Just spoke with my cousin who was at the show. He told me Axl "didn't have as much rasp as in '06", but was, for the most part, right on key. His hair was straight, tied back, in a ponytail, and the bandana was back! For the first part of the show, Axl had it on under a black fedora, but later only wore the bandana! That fuckin rocks!!!

Is there any proshot video of the show?

Yup...it's right here: meatspin.com

That's fucked-up man. Totally fucked. :fuckyou:

You shouldn't be doing shit like that and tricking/reverse-rick-rolling people.

I know. I'm just tired of reading insanely stupid questions like "where are the perfect pro-shot videos with perfect sound" in this thread. Spend 5 minutes, look around, if you don't see them, they don't exist yet.

Yeah? Great.

You're kind of pushing the boundaries a bit though, either way, when it's something I wish my eyes hadn't seen.

To each his own, right?

I don't understand all the hate for If The World, me and my girlfriend who LOVES Chinese Democracy have always agreed it was one of the best songs along with Catcher, Street, and Rhiad

I agree If the World is an amazing song lyrically! It's my breakdown of Chinese!!!

This show looked amazing, and from the early vids, the band sound awesome for the first show in a long long time. Let's hope everything falls into place and more videos surface. This is a great day to be a gunner!

Just spoke with my cousin who was at the show. He told me Axl "didn't have as much rasp as in '06", but was, for the most part, right on key. His hair was straight, tied back, in a ponytail, and the bandana was back! For the first part of the show, Axl had it on under a black fedora, but later only wore the bandana! That fuckin rocks!!!

What did he say about the weight, ebcause it's hard to tell in the videos?

Do we know who the girl in the video is yet?

Fucking rights!!! It's gonna' rock!!!

Is there any proshot video of the show?

Yup...it's right here: meatspin.com

That's fucked-up man. Totally fucked. :fuckyou:

You shouldn't be doing shit like that and tricking/reverse-rick-rolling people.

I know. I'm just tired of reading insanely stupid questions like "where are the perfect pro-shot videos with perfect sound" in this thread. Spend 5 minutes, look around, if you don't see them, they don't exist yet.

Yeah? Great.

You're kind of pushing the boundaries a bit though, either way, when it's something I wish my eyes hadn't seen.

To each his own, right?

Gee. You've really given me something to think about. :rolleyes:

Nothing yet..He just crashed a little while ago..Long night for him..I'll post his full review when I get it.

Weird.. Sasha's dating Dan McMillan now.. did she go back to Axl?

My thoughts exactly! I'm confused.

Skip to about 1:45 video the quality get's better.

Did Axl hit somebody with his mic stand because the crowd goes "aahh"

If you watch the stage, it does sort of look like Axl hits whoever is right behind him with it...

God, I was hope it was Jarmo. <_<

Nothing against Jarmo but considering his un-warranted access to the band if i had to pick anybody it would be him.Im just a jealous guy

And I'm a jealous girl :)

Do we know who the girl in the video is yet?

The girl is Sasha Volkova, he was Axl's girlfriend around 2006. I thought they weren't together anymore. Maybe they're friends, anyway...

Chinese Democracy is actually watchable and listenable despite it's a phone cell recording (keep in mind: phones are for phoning, cam corders are for recording videos). Ashba didn't even butcher Robin's solo on this one, but that wasn't too difficult a task to accomplish. It's also obvious from this video that Ashba is wearing the hat that was seen in the Sweet Child solo. Hopefully more videos of CD songs will show up now. I've heard AFD songs live too many times before ...