Sonisphere 2010

Bansidhe

line up is crazy, iggy and the stooges, motley, rammstein, maiden, slayer, anthrax, alice cooper the cult....i think id be a fool not too go, just need to persuade some mates

Aye defo mate. It's a belter. Maiden will surely be playing new material at it too which will be quality. Download is gonna have to pull something special out of the hat to get near that. Whispers of AC/DC for Donington but I'm not that bothered now as I saw them at Hampden. They might get Metallica again or try for Guns but I'm pretty sure I'm going to Sonisphere.

line up is crazy, iggy and the stooges, motley, rammstein, maiden, slayer, anthrax, alice cooper the cult....i think id be a fool not too go, just need to persuade some mates

Aye defo mate. It's a belter. Maiden will surely be playing new material at it too which will be quality. Download is gonna have to pull something special out of the hat to get near that. Whispers of AC/DC for Donington but I'm not that bothered now as I saw them at Hampden. They might get Metallica again or try for Guns but I'm pretty sure I'm going to Sonisphere.

i thought guns might play it, but obviousy not now so yeh maybe download. definately gonna give this a look in..

I doubt Maiden will play anything from the new album. I'm expecting either a hits set, considering they're rumored to only be doing the festivals this summer. Maybe throw in a few obscurities for the die hards, Die With Your Boots On, Revelations (Which has become commonplace in the set over the last decade really), Children Of The Damned, etc. At best they'll play one new song, they did Wildest Dreams on the Give Me Ed tour in '03, but I doubt they'll do that again.

Wikipedia may not be accurate, but I thought I've read several times that Dickinson has been telling crowds they'd be playing more newer material at future concerts.

Well they're in the studio early 2010 & I think they plan to have the new record out sometime in the summer so people can get to know the new material before the album tour later in the year. I'd expect the summer shows to be a small handful of brand new songs and possibly stuff from Brave New World / Dance Of Death & also the 80's stuff. I would love to hear them bring back Sign Of The Cross & The Clansman again. Both Blaze era tracks but Bruce sings them great.

Wikipedia may not be accurate, but I thought I've read several times that Dickinson has been telling crowds they'd be playing more newer material at future concerts.

The original quote (parphrashed) was that on the new album tour there would be a great deal of 21st century stuff played. This 2010 summer tour has been concieved since that interview, I think it was around April.

Well they're in the studio early 2010 & I think they plan to have the new record out sometime in the summer so people can get to know the new material before the album tour later in the year. I'd expect the summer shows to be a small handful of brand new songs and possibly stuff from Brave New World / Dance Of Death & also the 80's stuff. I would love to hear them bring back Sign Of The Cross & The Clansman again. Both Blaze era tracks but Bruce sings them great.

The album is slated for early Fall I believe, or I would assume that, as when they record an album in the winter, it's usually a September release.

When they come here it's Maiden, Motley, Heaven & Hell, The Stooges, Slayer, Anthrax and Alice Cooper... I don't care about Slayer or Anthrax although I would definitely see them, the rest on the other hand would be cool (although I've already seen Motley and they weren't that good, fun though).

When they come here it's Maiden, Motley, Heaven & Hell, The Stooges, Slayer, Anthrax and Alice Cooper... I don't care about Slayer or Anthrax although I would definitely see them, the rest on the other hand would be cool (although I've already seen Motley and they weren't that good, fun though).

I've actually decided to try and go to the one in Stockholm as well, I'll gladly pass up 2 extra days of music at Knebworth for Heaven And Hell. I just need to find a way to afford a plane ticket...

And it wouldn't surprise me if they do a Bruce Air, the show is on Bruce's birthday.