OFFICIAL Dec 13 Seoul, South Korea Show Thread

Gordon Comstock

IMO, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with his band's tour. If he decides just to jam all the concerts what do we do? Who doesn't like it, just don't go see them. I will go see them regardless of everything, even if Axl decides just to sit on his ass on stage and let us do the singing for the most part. I don't care, I know the songs by heart. What matters to me is that he puts out albums of the same quality standard of Chinese Democracy, and keep putting his heart into his lyrics and songs. It's what really impacts my life. The tour, the concerts, IMO, are just the "let's have fun, let's get together and party" part of it all. They are humans like us, don't have to be perfect and actually the beauty of seeing a band live is exactly seeing how they are humans. If they simply nail the songs exactly like they're on the album, what would be the fun of it? What's the fun of watching robots perform?

Axl's just a little out of shape and that's just normal. He will get better as the tour progresses that's for sure. I won't complain, I know a lot of so-called singers that are out there who can't do it better, trying to sing within the same range.

And same goes for the band. You guys are seriously complaining about how DJ went off key in a solo in his first concert with GnR ever, first time he performed those songs to an audience? The guy must have been fucking nervous all the time! Give him a break... And are you serious to complain about how Ron didn't do the solo exactly like Bucket or Robin? He's a different person, remember? It can't be exactly the same. Lastly, are you guys seriosuly picking on the band because at the second concert of the tour they "still" don't know the right pace and mood to songs that they've never/rarely performed before? Things like these can't be rehearsed, they gotta adapt as the tour goes.

Now let's get back to the supportive, positive mood and let the guys have fun with their tour, and let's enjoy it too rock1

+1 Thank you!! Well said.

Edited by DebbieNgeorgia

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl sounds terrible.

I'm not a hater, but I'm sorry, it's the truth.

He's a shadow of his former self.

Now, there's a difference between having an opinion, and just being fucking stupid.

And you're just being fucking stupid.

Well said we stand behind that statement 150%

Axl sounds terrible.

Now, there's a difference between having an opinion, and just being fucking stupid.

haha, i beat ya! 160 % ;)

Axl sounds terrible.

For sure. It's easy to sit at a computer and pick apart everything. Look at the crowds in Taipei and Seoul... they look like they are enjoying the fuck out of the shows. THAT's what counts.

If I were there, I would have loved it.

Edited by Used To Love Me

IMO, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with his band's tour. If he decides just to jam all the concerts what do we do? Who doesn't like it, just don't go see them. I will go see them regardless of everything, even if Axl decides just to sit on his ass on stage and let us do the singing for the most part. I don't care, I know the songs by heart. What matters to me is that he puts out albums of the same quality standard of Chinese Democracy, and keep putting his heart into his lyrics and songs. It's what really impacts my life. The tour, the concerts, IMO, are just the "let's have fun, let's get together and party" part of it all. They are humans like us, don't have to be perfect and actually the beauty of seeing a band live is exactly seeing how they are humans. If they simply nail the songs exactly like they're on the album, what would be the fun of it? What's the fun of watching robots perform?

Axl's just a little out of shape and that's just normal. He will get better as the tour progresses that's for sure. I won't complain, I know a lot of so-called singers that are out there who can't do it better, trying to sing within the same range.

And same goes for the band. You guys are seriously complaining about how DJ went off key in a solo in his first concert with GnR ever, first time he performed those songs to an audience? The guy must have been fucking nervous all the time! Give him a break... And are you serious to complain about how Ron didn't do the solo exactly like Bucket or Robin? He's a different person, remember? It can't be exactly the same. Lastly, are you guys seriosuly picking on the band because at the second concert of the tour they "still" don't know the right pace and mood to songs that they've never/rarely performed before? Things like these can't be rehearsed, they gotta adapt as the tour goes.

Now let's get back to the supportive, positive mood and let the guys have fun with their tour, and let's enjoy it too rock1

+1 Thank you!! Well said.

+2...great post Helen :thumbsup:

You know I'm glad GN'R is amazing, DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot really show that Guns doesn't need Slash, rather Slash needs Guns. What has Slash done since leaving Guns?! I don't see Slither being called the greatest riff of all time or Fergie nailing Paradise City. Rather, I see Chinese Democracy being talked about in SOME SHAPE OR FORM, negative or positive and I see people saying DJ Ashba nailed the solos.

You must have been living under a rock when Contraband came out. Slither won a Grammy for rock song of the year, and spent almost 2 months at #1 on the modern and mainstream rock charts. CD barely sniffed any radio play of any kind.

If you're going to bag on Slash, make sure you at least have your facts straight as Slither garnered far more attention than any song on CD and it is not even close.

Sorry was good

TWAT was awful (they should take this off the set list)

Also noticed quite a number of empty seats at tonights show

What exactly do you want, dude?

umm.... not-empty seats?

So, you won't enjoy the concert footage until all the seats are filled? The band is probably satisfied... why aren't you?

Sorry was good

umm.... not-empty seats?

who cares how many empty seats there are really? I mean what difference does that make to you? This tour is going to showcase GNR in a new light, the empty seats will be filled soon enough IMO. I have been to many shows with half empty places and they were great shows I fail to see how this means fuck all//

Sorry was good

umm.... not-empty seats?

who cares how many empty seats there are really? I mean what difference does that make to you? This tour is going to showcase GNR in a new light, the empty seats will be filled soon enough IMO. I have been to many shows with half empty places and they were great shows I fail to see how this means fuck all//

The only thing that bothers me about the empty seats is that I wasn't in one of them! :fuckyou:

You know I'm glad GN'R is amazing, DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot really show that Guns doesn't need Slash, rather Slash needs Guns. What has Slash done since leaving Guns?! I don't see Slither being called the greatest riff of all time or Fergie nailing Paradise City. Rather, I see Chinese Democracy being talked about in SOME SHAPE OR FORM, negative or positive and I see people saying DJ Ashba nailed the solos.

You must have been living under a rock when Contraband came out. Slither won a Grammy for rock song of the year, and spent almost 2 months at #1 on the modern and mainstream rock charts. CD barely sniffed any radio play of any kind.

If you're going to bag on Slash, make sure you at least have your facts straight as Slither garnered far more attention than any song on CD and it is not even close.

I'm agree slither went number one and all but, axl will never have this chance because media are alwais shitting on his head. radio don't even let street of dreams enough airplays to have that chance!! I means it's not like street of dreams is some industrial song like oh my god! it has a strong clasic guns feel

LOL! True. I LOVE Chinese Democracy. But for riffs and energy? Velvet Revolver has the upper hand. I just think both VR and GnR are kick ass bands, and I hate people wasting time on arguing over that shit now. Sure, when CD was out it was expected, but it's an old argument... move on!

I havn't seen anyone post about Axl's comment he made during Shacklers... it starts 0.58secs.

"Come on... tell the truth... you didn't think I was ........... did you?"

Did anyone else hear this or makeout what he said?

you didn't think I was coming did you?

jarmo posted it as he said it