Guns N' Roses Eligible for RnR HoF

John Bonham

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Axl & Izzy will accept the award... Would be great though to see all the original members on stage.

Adler would be there without question...he has nothing else to do

Of course Stevie will be there,he deserves it. Unfortunately we can't say the same for the many people who have come and gone in GnR since then. It will be the original five and possibly Matt and Dizzy. Nobody else.

I'm kind of hoping that Dizzy doesn't get in. Personally, I think Chris Pitman has contributed more to GNR than Dizzy ever has.

Here's my dream scenario:

Axl ,Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven all show up to accept the award, and play one five-song set.

At the end, they all hug each other and go their separate ways.

We see Axl and Slash shake hands, and pat each other on the back.

Maybe Axl whispers something in Slash's ear and you see Slash throw his head back and laugh ...

Axl ,Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven all show up to accept the award, and play one five-song set.

Maybe Axl whispers something in Slash's ear and you see Slash throw his head back and laugh ...

*sigh*

Don't get my hopes up.

That'd be awesome. I've got no preference for a reunion, I just want the hatchet to be buried by everyone.

If/when GnR are inducted, I think it will be similar to the Van Halen fiasco. Here's how I see it playing out:

Axl - would like to be there, but probably won't show up

Izzy - 50/50, but probably won't show

Slash - He'll be there

S.Adler - He'll be there if he's still alive

Duff - 50/50

Dizzy - he'll do what Axl does

Matt - he'll show up, if invited

The other guys won't be invited.

I think axl would definately show up if everyone that help him or contributed to chinese democracy are invited.

• 5 months later...

I wonder what's gonna happen. All the 5 will be there, I suppose (not so sure about Axl), how is the award gonna be received? Axl would never allowed any of the other 4 but maybe Izzy to receive such an award in the name of the whole Guns N' Roses. :shrugs:

A grown up attitude from Axl would be attend, get the award with all of them. Even play some songs. He has to show that they can support each other without a reunion. They'll go on separate ways, as they have been going.

Edited by ManetsBR

I could see 2009 Axl show up even if Slash is in there. He's been in a really good mood lately.

Doesn't mean I'm endorsing a reunion :xmasssanta:

You'd want Axl to time travel from 2009 into the future to go to the ceremony?

According to the post, under the current guidelines, apart from Sting becoming eligible as a solo act, the other top "new" acts eligible include 'Til Tuesday, Chris Isaak, Suzanne Vega, and Simply Red.

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/rock-hall-may-jump-ahead-five-years-to-get-stars/

How the fuck! are any of those groups Rock N Roll????? The Rock Hall is a fucking joke and that's coming from someone in Ohio. Don't ever waste your time coming to Ohio to see it, it's nothing special!!!

Axl will never agree to sit in the same room as Slash and watch as he gets credited for Axls hard work. This will never happen.

Axl's hard work?

As fas as I know:

"It's So Easy" (Música: McKagan, Arkeen / Letra: McKagan, Arkeen) – 3:21

"Mr. Brownstone" (Música: Stradlin, Slash, Adler / Letra: Stradlin) – 3:46

"Think About You" (Música: Stradlin / Letra: Stradlin) – 3:49

It's so stupid when people want to credit Guns work only for Axl, or only for Slash, or only for Izzy (this is very usual also).

Axl has the balls to show up hasn't he?

He wont. He's going to view this as "control" and say no. Meanwhile, Slash,Duff,Steven and possibly Izzy will accept the award and take the credit. Axl will probably go into hiding from all the "emotional distress" and we'll have another 2 years of black out before another CD tour with no new music.

Sighs...

He wont. He's going to view this as "control" and say no. Meanwhile, Slash,Duff,Steven and possibly Izzy will accept the award and take the credit. Axl will probably go into hiding from all the "emotional distress" and we'll have another 2 years of black out before another CD tour with no new music.

Ouch.