So how does General Admission work at GNR concerts?

Gnr Bar

I'm going to the Toronto show. I have a General Admission ticket, and it has sections on it. Section g2 seat g3. I thought the whole thing was first come first serve? If I am first in line will I be let in first with the ability to be up front.

Edited by Gnr Bar

it is

that section number is just for the arena to keep track of how many GA tickets have been sold

k good. so if I show up before everyone, then I am getting in first?

I know that's a stupid question, just want to make sure, since I'm going such a long way.

Edited by Gnr Bar

it is

that section number is just for the arena to keep track of how many GA tickets have been sold

k good. so if I show up before everyone, then I am getting in first?

I know that's a stupid question, just want to make sure, since I'm going such a long way.

It's probably gonna be first come first serve. Most concerts have separate lines for the floor and regular seating.

Edited by Origa

I don't know in Canada, but in South America is the craziest thing on earth.

And it's like

STAGE

::::::::::::::

VIP

GA

And sometimes the GA crazy fans break the thing the diivides VIp from GA, and then it become one whole thing, it happened on almost every concert of the illusions tour in Brazil. Then the producers have to give to the VIP crowd the difference between VIP ticket and GA ticket.

Edited by ManetsBR

I don't know in Canada, but in South America is the craziest thing on earth.

And it's like

STAGE

VIP

GA

And sometimes the GA crazy fans break the thing the diivides VIp from GA, and then it become one whole thing, it happened on almost every concert of the illusions tour in Brazil. Then the producers have to give to the VIP crowd the difference between VIP ticket and GA ticket.

Really?

So I'm gonna get me some money back :shades:

I've been in the third row and fifth row of GnR concerts before and it is awesome to be at the front, but both those times it wasn't GA, and I got to go to the bar and drink before the show and take my time to come see Axl arrive on stage promptly at 9 or later. No way I'm sitting in line during the whole day before the show. I've been there, done that, now, I'll enjoy these shows from the sidelines.

I REALLY want to be in the front row. Not only is this my first ever Gnr concert, but it's my first concert period. I found a way to be in Toronto for buisness the day before, but day of the concert I have NOTHING to do. So I'll be sitting in my thermal gear nice and early.

The anticipation of being there for 12 hours before Uncle Axl starts kicking ass will be awesome.

Edited by Gnr Bar

I REALLY want to be in the front row. Not only is this my first ever Gnr concert, but it's my first concert period. I found a way to be in Toronto for buisness the day before, but day of the concert I have NOTHING to do. So I'll be sitting in my thermal gear nice and early.

The anticipation of being there for 12 hours before Uncle Axl starts kicking ass will be awesome.

imo, being front row on the rail is the best place to be most of the time. Only problem being at some venues the sound, especially the vocals will travel right over you. That happened to me in Mexico 2007. I was in the front row & couldn't here Axl singing! I thought maybe his voice was off, but the stage was too high and his vocals simply soared over me. On the other hand, in Greensboro the sound got more clear & powerful the closer to the stage you got.

My suggestion is go up front like you planned, but if you can't hear the vocals, get the hell out of there & find the "sweet" spot a bit further back.

imo, being front row on the rail is the best place to be most of the time. Only problem being at some venues the sound, especially the vocals will travel right over you. That happened to me in Mexico 2007. I was in the front row & couldn't here Axl singing! I thought maybe his voice was off, but the stage was too high and his vocals simply soared over me. On the other hand, in Greensboro the sound got more clear & powerful the closer to the stage you got.

My suggestion is go up front like you planned, but if you can't hear the vocals, get the hell out of there & find the "sweet" spot a bit further back.

This is sound advice. I agree. Besides if you're a bigger guy it doesn't matter when you get there, you can always make your way up to the front.