Where do you see this tour taking the new band?

ITW 2012

Where do you see this tour taking the new band? They are putting on some kick ass shows right now and Axl seems to be in great spirits. Do you think that they might try and capitalize on the momentum they are slowly gathering and release a single (with video) and a new album before starting the US leg of the tour? Chinese Democracy is a killer album but it has taken a great hit due to all the surrounding bullshit and extenuating circumstances that surrounded it. If Axl keeps on rolling with another album I think the tide of popular opinion could start to turn in his favor. He's a polarizing figure for sure but I think with the right song former fans might start to come around again.

Edited by ITW 2012

Where do you see this tour taking the new band? They are putting on some kick ass shows right now and Axl seems to be in great spirits. Do you think that they might try and capitalize on the momentum they are slowly gathering and release a single (with video) and a new album before starting the US leg of the tour? Chinese Democracy is a killer album but it has taken a great hit due to all the surrounding bullshit and extenuating circumstances that surrounded it. If Axl keeps on rolling with another album I think the tide of popular opinion could start to turn in his favor. He's a polarizing figure for sure but I think with the right song former fans might start to come around again.

Why do people continue to think and theorize that Axl will do anything by conventional means? The release of CD was disgraceful, with no promotion, interviews, announcements, etc - a 15 year wait all for a forced release through Best Buy? For all we know the South American leg could be the last we see of them for another year or so. Its fucking annoying. Then they do a handful of shows and everyone has a boner. He posts 3 times to Twitter (with the grammar of a 14 year old girl) and its the funniest and greatest thing ever. And by the way, Axl's lost all the magic of 'Guns' with that 15 year hiatus between albums and a 'real' tour. He's largely been forgotten by the general public. He's basically starting all over. I don't know if he's realized that or not, but I hope he rues the fact that he had a chance and blew it.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

Why do people continue to think and theorize that Axl will do anything by conventional means? The release of CD was disgraceful, with no promotion, interviews, announcements, etc - a 15 year wait all for a forced release through Best Buy? For all we know the South American leg could be the last we see of them for another year or so. Its fucking annoying. Then they do a handful of shows and everyone has a boner. He posts 3 times to Twitter (with the grammar of a 14 year old girl) and its the funniest and greatest thing ever. And by the way, Axl's lost all the magic of 'Guns' with that 15 year hiatus between albums and a 'real' tour. He's largely been forgotten by the general public. He's basically starting all over. I don't know if he's realized that or not, but I hope he rues the fact that he had a chance and blew it.

:thumbsup:

Yep

He's basically starting all over.

naw. if he were basically starting over, he'd be playing in some little shit-hole dive bar in front of 5-10 drunken people, that had no clue who he was and could also care less for the most part.

playing shows in front of Thousands of people every night, doesn't count as starting all over again.

1. CD did have promotion, can't believe people are saying it didn't, in fact i'd go as far as to say that it got more promotion than most albums, plus who the hell cares if it didn't sell too well, at least it got released, and we got the music we have been waiting for

2. Axl posting on twitter is a pretty amazing thing, especially if you are a fan, and as for his grammar, do you think mocking his use of shortened words and acronyms because he is posting to the fucking internet makes you a really mature and cool guy?

3. This tour so far has been amazing, people who have been waiting 1 and a half years to see even axls face since the release of CD have a right to be excited

what is your problem? not everything in this world is as perfect as your punctaution..

did i just get trolled?

I hope Axl decides to take this new GNR band back to the US for a full tour.

Since the tour is going so well and GNR are regaining their popularity and making their fans happy all over the world, I think this is the perfect time to come back home to the US.

Since the summer is hot for tours, I think then would be a perfect time for Axl and the new GNR to schedule the US tour and hit as many major cities as possible.

The band can go back into the studio in the fall and release a new cd in early 2011. Right now I really want GNR to tour the US because since I've never been lucky enough to see Axl live, I really would love to before I die. lol

1. CD did have promotion, can't believe people are saying it didn't, in fact i'd go as far as to say that it got more promotion than most albums, plus who the hell cares if it didn't sell too well, at least it got released, and we got the music we have been waiting for

2. Axl posting on twitter is a pretty amazing thing, especially if you are a fan, and as for his grammar, do you think mocking his use of shortened words and acronyms because he is posting to the fucking internet makes you a really mature and cool guy?

3. This tour so far has been amazing, people who have been waiting 1 and a half years to see even axls face since the release of CD have a right to be excited

what is your problem? not everything in this world is as perfect as your punctaution..

did i just get trolled?

His grammar is really terrible from what I've seen on Twitter, there's nothing wrong with that being pointed out. It's a HUGE pet peeve of mine and many others to see people use "R" instead of "are". Your number 2 complaint that asks if GeorgeGlass was trying to be a "really mature and cool guy" just comes out of nowhere. Does your use of the word "fucking" make you a really mature and cool guy I wonder? As I read your post I can't help but think you're on the verge of a Scanners type moment (Seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA ). Now in fairness to Axl Twitter does put a cap on your post size (I think, I've never used it, it's not too big here yet) and if that's the reason he's writing the way he is then that's understandable.

*Edited Link

Edited by Justin

did i just get trolled?

His grammar is really terrible from what I've seen on Twitter, there's nothing wrong with that being pointed out. It's a HUGE pet peeve of mine and many others to see people use "R" instead of "are". Your number 2 complaint that asks if GeorgeGlass was trying to be a "really mature and cool guy" just comes out of nowhere. Does your use of the word "fucking" make you a really mature and cool guy I wonder? As I read your post I can't help but think you're on the verge of a Scanners type moment (Seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA ). Now in fairness to Axl Twitter does put a cap on your post size (I think, I've never used it, it's not too big here yet) and if that's the reason he's writing the way he is then that's understandable.

*Edited Link

Does the spelling of the name Guns N' Roses irritate you?

You are exactly right. He's starting all over again. He got 14 years of shit out of his system, Released a 'pain in the ass to make and road through hell' album.......and now he's doing exactly that thing why people love the guy to death: he's bringing back r&r step by step. The fans have his back again, the press is slowly turning to a positive mood, the press who actually went to these last shows report that old-day Axl is back and rocks like a motherfucker, and who knows....maybe this great vibe takes the current band to the studio and they create another great thing for the world. Anyway, there is no reason for hate anymore, and you can't stand it because your parents gave you too little attention......and because you're a pussy, of course.

If you don't like it then don't listen to GNR. If you want stuff done in the conventional means then go listen to David Archuleta or Miley Cyrus.

did i just get trolled?

*Edited Link

Idiot. The n' is correct because that is how it is pronounced. No one calls it Guns and Roses, when someone says the band name they say n and not and.

did i just get trolled?

*Edited Link

Idiot. The n' is correct because that is how it is pronounced. No one calls it Guns and Roses, when someone says the band name they say n and not and.

I think he's talking about how the N' should be 'N'

Guns 'N' Roses is technically correct

its not spelled wrong though...

If you don't like it then don't listen to GNR. If you want stuff done in the conventional means then go listen to David Archuleta or Miley Cyrus.

He never suggested Axl would do anything conventionally, that was the OP

The whole point of his post was that Axl doesn't do things that way and he never will...

He's basically starting all over.

naw. if he were basically starting over, he'd be playing in some little shit-hole dive bar in front of 5-10 drunken people, that had no clue who he was and could also care less for the most part.

playing shows in front of Thousands of people every night, doesn't count as starting all over again.

Picture the Illusions tour, playing for 15k+ people in arenas 20 times a month, and for 50K plus on the stadium legs. For Axl Rose, this most certainly is starting over and I hope it has humbled him.

Ok so Metallica are very conventional (which by the way shows true respect for the fans) is that a bad thing? Great website, sponsored bulletin board, soundboard recordings available for every show, meet and greets, consistent touring and album releases - why isn't that any good? I don't think that's asking too much, even in Axl's fucked up and demensional world. I hope this IS a new beginning for Axl Rose, but he's the boy who cried wolf...at some point you just don't believe it anymore.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

GeorgeGlass is just mad because Axl is having success for the first time since the old band.

For every show he does, the chances of his precious reunion decrease.

I hope you cry yourself to sleep.

Funny nobody will mention or respond to my Metallica comments because everyone knows it's true - they do things the way a band should do them, and make 'GNR' look silly. That doesn't warrant 'go over to metallicabb.com and fuck off' comments, but rather a thought that 'what if Guns were like that', wouldn't it be great? Yes it would.

I'm at peace with a reunion probably not happening, honestly I am. What I'm not at peace with is that this group is called Guns N Roses and that will always be the case - it's an insult to what this band used to be all about. That and the fact that Axl took ZERO responsibility for the break up, and everyone here bought it. This ensemble is Axl plus whoever else but nobody really cares about any of them or knows who they are - people on this forum don't want to admit that, but its true.

And these past few shows in front of poor crowds is success to you? Just the fact that he's come out of hiding means all is good? Probably need to raise your expectations a bit, unless you are ok with mediocrity, but since I don't know you personally, perhaps you are. After two years, another release, bigger crowds, a stable cast of musicians, then we can evaluate. But right now, until we see something different, this is just Axl's 'every 3 year half assed tour' phase. If that's his M.O., then fine, but at least let us know so we don't hang on any bit of news that 'something' might be happening, prompting retarded threads like 'Axl should perform at the Grammy's and release a single, then go on the View and promote CD. That would be great!'. All I'm asking is the guy to show a little bit of respect by helping set our expectations. This is the reason he's forgotten, people said fuck it and moved on.

Please keep in mind that I like Axl as an entertainer, he's perhaps my favourite along with Het and Maynard, but he's done some really, really fucked up things to us fans over the years and seems to want to blame it all on 'legal issues' - its a bullshit, finger pointing, blanket statement.

GeorgeGlass is just mad because Axl is having success for the first time since the old band.

For every show he does, the chances of his precious reunion decrease.

I hope you cry yourself to sleep.

Funny nobody will mention or respond to my Metallica comments because everyone knows it's true - they do things the way a band should do them, and make 'GNR' look silly.

How many times do I have to tell you, Metallica sucks now? They haven't been good in over 20 years.

There's some truth to this. I used to envision the band being huge with the public again years ago, but I've come to realize that it probably won't happen. I've gotten to the point of just hoping to hear more original music from the band and enjoying it for myself and us diehard GN'R fans. I will always listen to anything Axl puts out, and I at least hope that he can stay on top of his game and give us something to contine to enjoy. I will support the band and Axl regardless, but realize that it comes with a need for a lot of patience and need to take things in stride-not expecting much in terms of a timely fashion.

Edited by Aeonian

There's some truth to this. I used to invision the band being huge with the public again years ago, but I've come to realize that it probably won't happen. I've gotten to the point of just hoping to hear more original music from the band and enjoying it for myself and us diehard GN'R fans. I will always listen to anything Axl puts out, and I at least hope that he can stay on top of his game and give us something to contine to enjoy. I will support the band and Axl regardless, but realize that it comes with a need for a lot of patience and need to take things in stride-not expecting much in terms of a timely fashion.

You are right. I´ll wait for new Axl songs not matter how many years it takes ... but it´s a shame we can´t be treated like 99% of the bands treats their fans ...

definitely not dumb enough to try and predict axls moves.

my gameplan since 2003 has been 'hold on and enjoy the ride' and its worked out so far so i think im going to stick with that.

*insert homoerotic deadflower reference here*

Edited by Jackie Moon

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Okay, I'll try to be more positive about this band. Not that I like them better now than a week ago, but it gets boring being negative all the time. I really look forward to see them when they come to Sweden, they've been great so far on the tour, so I really think it will be great to see them. Longer shows, Axl's happier, his voice is better than I've heard him since late '80's (in my opinion). That they base this tour on the songs on CD wasn't such a bad thing as I first thought. Most songs on CD is great live, even those that sucked on the album. The band seems to have a much bigger confidence in themselves now when they base their tour on their own songs. That they've made the solos into jams instead is just to cheer them for. So pretty much everything is better on this tour than last one, since they play most of the old songs they played last tour plus a lot of the new ones.

I really look forward seeing Axl and his new band again.