Scraped?

rapemymind

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

What made them use this title, that's what I want to know.

Jackie Moon says it's clearly a Buckethead title.

What is that supposed to mean?

What made them use this title, that's what I want to know.

Jackie Moon says it's clearly a Buckethead title.

What is that supposed to mean?

I think he means that Scraped sounds similar to the titles of other Buckethead songs, and so he assumes that Bucket came up with the title. Maybe that was the title of the instrumental, Axl added lyrics and changed the name to The Lies They Tell, but they went back to Scraped when they put it on the album.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Well, I might give it a better listening then. I've just heard a chosen couple of songs from CD a few times the last year. Scraped is not one of them.

Here it is:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scraped - From "Scrape". Click the icon after the word in the link to hear the pronunciation.

The guy asked a legit question, it's not because he's dumb or illiterate. What you native English speakers don't get is that the sound of "A" in many countries is not "ey" (like in "scrape") neither "eh" (like in "scrap") or even "oh" (like in "car"). Here in Brazil, for example, A is always pronounced "ah" (like in "star"). That's why most of us foreigners get confused with the various sounds of "A" in English, and yeah, better ask than keep saying it wrong. It completely changes the meaning of the word.

The 'a' in 'car'' is pronounced the same as the 'a' in 'star', for future reference.

Here it is:

http://dictionary.re.../browse/scraped - From "Scrape". Click the icon after the word in the link to hear the pronunciation.

The guy asked a legit question, it's not because he's dumb or illiterate. What you native English speakers don't get is that the sound of "A" in many countries is not "ey" (like in "scrape") neither "eh" (like in "scrap") or even "oh" (like in "car"). Here in Brazil, for example, A is always pronounced "ah" (like in "star"). That's why most of us foreigners get confused with the various sounds of "A" in English, and yeah, better ask than keep saying it wrong. It completely changes the meaning of the word.

The 'a' in 'car'' is pronounced the same as the 'a' in 'star', for future reference.

I thought so but not according to the dictionary.com. Star has a more "open" sound if you know what I mean. But in practice I always say both the same way. There's no word in English with the exact same pronunciation of "A" as in Portuguese, at least I don't remember any right now.

The subtitle to this thread should be "Why am I illiterate?"

:book:

Ever considered the possibility that maybe English isn't the topic starter's native tongue? :book:

Moron.

At least two people who admitted to being confused now, or for sometime in the past, were native English speakers. One from Australlia and one from Boston.

As for the OP, they did not indicate.

But had they been literate, they could have went to any number of free online sites to do a little investigation. So as to not, instead, post such a fantastic topic.

They could have typed "How do you pronounce Scraped?" into Google in less time. I assume Google exists in all parts of the world.

It's not a language question as it is a lack of literary resourcefulness.

Did you even try googling that phrase, before suggesting it? Here Now, please point me to the relevant result.....

:lol:

I like how the first thing that comes up in the search is this particular thread. Check out the site description:

49217589.jpg

The irony astounds me.

Ever considered the possibility that maybe English isn't the topic starter's native tongue? :book:

Moron.

At least two people who admitted to being confused now, or for sometime in the past, were native English speakers. One from Australlia and one from Boston.

But had they been literate, they could have went to any number of free online sites to do a little investigation. So as to not, instead, post such a fantastic topic.

They could have typed "How do you pronounce Scraped?" into Google in less time. I assume Google exists in all parts of the world.

Did you even try googling that phrase, before suggesting it? Here Now, please point me to the relevant result.....

I like how the first thing that comes up in the search is this particular thread. Check out the site description:

49217589.jpg

The irony astounds me.

Al Gore's internet at it's finest.

Moron.

49217589.jpg

The irony astounds me.

Best post of the day!

Moron.

49217589.jpg

The irony astounds me.

:rofl-lol:

here you got it ...

Scraped is my least favorite track on CD.

It's the only song I consider "filler" on the album and will often skip over it when I'm listening to CD.

Maybe it sounds better live? Not sure.

But I think all of the other CD tracks are far better.

You know jack shit :rofl-lol:

Seriously?, Scraped is far better and if you want to talk filler then we can talk about the over rated pile of shit that is CITR, i know its horses for courses but Jesus i can't figure out how that song has the reputation it does.

Different stokes for different folks, I guess.

I didn't like the "leaked" version of CITR, but I really like the album version.

Can't say the same for Scraped though. Just seems like filler.

Maybe we should start another thread to debate this? :xmasssanta:

Scraped is my least favorite track on CD.

It's the only song I consider "filler" on the album and will often skip over it when I'm listening to CD.

Maybe it sounds better live? Not sure.

But I think all of the other CD tracks are far better.

Ok - I've got a really shit personal story to attach myself to this song. I could do this in a PM to you, still...

I play two albums when I'm working at home on the gym - One of which is Chinese Democracy. When I'm working on the cross trainer, Scraped kicks in just as I'm about fucked and ready to die, then the versus kick in and it pushes me over the wining line! ha. ^_^

Just read that back - that was pretty gay :mellow:

Anyone still awake?

I like Scraped.

You know jack shit :rofl-lol:

Seriously?, Scraped is far better and if you want to talk filler then we can talk about the over rated pile of shit that is CITR, i know its horses for courses but Jesus i can't figure out how that song has the reputation it does.

Different stokes for different folks, I guess.

I didn't like the "leaked" version of CITR, but I really like the album version.

Can't say the same for Scraped though. Just seems like filler.

Maybe we should start another thread to debate this? :xmasssanta:

You want a thread where the usual suspects claim every song is filler? :rofl-lol:

Axl did say there was something for everybody, i guess when he included CITR he meant there was at least one piece of crap for everybody :tongue2:

Even if you assume that both tracks are filler that's still a pretty great album, the Illusions had a massive amount of filler, good filler but filler none the less.Though in all incarnations of GnR the filler is still better than most other bands A game