Scraped?

rapemymind

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scraped is my least favorite track on CD.

It's the only song I consider "filler" on the album and will often skip over it when I'm listening to CD.

Maybe it sounds better live? Not sure.

But I think all of the other CD tracks are far better.

I feel the same way, or felt I should say. The song is really growing on me, especially after hearing the excellent live arrangement. The drum intro really sets things up nicely and the pacing seems tighter.

It was the only song on Chinese Democracy I didn't care for right away. Even Riad is a favorite of mine, and that usually seems to be one that people credit as the worst. Scraped was the only one that didn't appeal to me. It's been growing on me recently though, and now I think it's a pretty strong track.

haha. Illiterate? another language?

No

The reason I ask is that someone brought it up while waiting for 12 hours in the Montreal cold to see the show on the 27th.

Seriously , what a douche comment :/ but that's mygnr and forums in general for you.

I guess. But forums aren't Ask Yahoo!

And scraped is a 5th grade word.

oh and that is a great reason to shit on the guy? right........

Not shitting on the guy.

It's sad when no one else said "what a lame thread! don't post such a shitty question to a thread! do some research! this isn't a chat window! don't post crap like that!"

A douche comment isn't MyGNR or forums in general. Lame posts are. Increasing ammounts of ridiculous threads.

It's like people are more Internet-dumb than they were 5 years ago. Can't be bothered to search or look up something themselves, they need to ask on a forum.

I'm way past the cupcake line here, so I'll stop.

I'm still dumb founded you all didn't punch this poster in the Internet-face for making such a ridiculous question.

But it all gave an excuse for talking about Scraped, so, that's good I guess.

It's the only song I consider "filler" on the album and will often skip over it when I'm listening to CD.

Ok - I've got a really shit personal story to attach myself to this song. I could do this in a PM to you, still...

I play two albums when I'm working at home on the gym - One of which is Chinese Democracy. When I'm working on the cross trainer, Scraped kicks in just as I'm about fucked and ready to die, then the versus kick in and it pushes me over the wining line! ha. ^_^

Just read that back - that was pretty gay :mellow:

Anyone still awake?

I like Scraped.

I get you man, Scraped is also one of the GNR songs I put on when I'm running or hitting the gym.

Ok - I've got a really shit personal story to attach myself to this song. I could do this in a PM to you, still...

I play two albums when I'm working at home on the gym - One of which is Chinese Democracy. When I'm working on the cross trainer, Scraped kicks in just as I'm about fucked and ready to die, then the versus kick in and it pushes me over the wining line! ha. ^_^

Just read that back - that was pretty gay :mellow:

Anyone still awake?

I like Scraped.

I get you man, Scraped is also one of the GNR songs I put on when I'm running or hitting the gym.

Same here

You know jack shit :rofl-lol:

Seriously?, Scraped is far better and if you want to talk filler then we can talk about the over rated pile of shit that is CITR, i know its horses for courses but Jesus i can't figure out how that song has the reputation it does.

:rofl-lol:

Different stokes for different folks, I guess.

I didn't like the "leaked" version of CITR, but I really like the album version.

Can't say the same for Scraped though. Just seems like filler.

Maybe we should start another thread to debate this? :xmasssanta:

I don't think it's a filler. It's in my top-half of the album. If anything, I consider Madagascar and Riad fillers, though I do like these songs a good bit. But honestly, the only songs I like better than Scraped are This I Love, Sorry and Prostitute. but I love every song on the album...

You know jack shit :rofl-lol:

Seriously?, Scraped is far better and if you want to talk filler then we can talk about the over rated pile of shit that is CITR, i know its horses for courses but Jesus i can't figure out how that song has the reputation it does.

:rofl-lol:

Different stokes for different folks, I guess.

I didn't like the "leaked" version of CITR, but I really like the album version.

Can't say the same for Scraped though. Just seems like filler.

Maybe we should start another thread to debate this? :xmasssanta:

I don't think it's a filler. It's in my top-half of the album. If anything, I consider Madagascar and Riad fillers, though I do like these songs a good bit. But honestly, the only songs I like better than Scraped are This I Love, Sorry and Prostitute. but I love every song on the album...

I have to more or less agree with this. I don't consider anything to be filler on the album, but really, Scraped is just behind TIL, Better and TWAT to me. Most of the rest of the album isn't too far behind, but Scraped is just a bastard of a song.