Scraped?

rapemymind

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And i'd also like to add how fucking inspiring this song is. has axl or anyone in the band discussed the origins or creation of this song?

It's pronounced just like it looks lol

You might get in confused with Scrapped, meaning to throw something away. Say Scraped like with an A.

scrape (skrp)

v. scraped, scrap·ing, scrapes

v.tr.

1. To remove (an outer layer, for example) from a surface by forceful strokes of an edged or rough instrument: scraped the wallpaper off before painting the wall.

2. To abrade or smooth by rubbing with a sharp or rough instrument.

3. To rub (a surface) with considerable pressure, as with an edged instrument or a hard object.

4. To draw (a hard or abrasive object) forcefully over a surface: scraped my fingernails down the blackboard.

5. To injure the surface of by rubbing against something rough or sharp: scraped my knee on the sidewalk.

6. To amass or produce with difficulty: scrape together some cash.

v.intr.

1. To come into sliding, abrasive contact.

2. To rub or move with a harsh grating noise.

3. To give forth a harsh grating noise.

4. To economize or save money by paying attention to very small amounts; scrimp.

5. To succeed or manage with difficulty: scraped through by a narrow margin.

n.

a. The act of scraping.

b. The sound of scraping.

2. An abrasion on the skin.

a. An embarrassing predicament.

b. A fight; a scuffle.

And i'd also like to add how fucking inspiring this song is. has axl or anyone in the band discussed the origins or creation of this song?

Its just another chapter in his bitter fuck you album known as CD. Let's hope he gets it out of his system so he can start writing some good stuff.

There are my faves lol.

1. To come into sliding, abrasive contact.

2. To rub or move with a harsh grating noise

To cum into while sliding?

Does it really make a grating noise? I think they're confusing it will balls slapping on the ass.

Its just another chapter in his bitter fuck you album known as CD. Let's hope he gets it out of his system so he can start writing some good stuff.

I got in trouble once on here for using the term "retard". I got a very polite (seriously) PM about it.

Therefore to avoid future PM's......I'll just think the term instead of typing it.

THINKING GEORGE IS A THINKING

Edited by Drakestar

Here it is:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scraped - From "Scrape". Click the icon after the word in the link to hear the pronunciation.

The guy asked a legit question, it's not because he's dumb or illiterate. What you native English speakers don't get is that the sound of "A" in many countries is not "ey" (like in "scrape") neither "eh" (like in "scrap") or even "oh" (like in "car"). Here in Brazil, for example, A is always pronounced "ah" (like in "star"). That's why most of us foreigners get confused with the various sounds of "A" in English, and yeah, better ask than keep saying it wrong. It completely changes the meaning of the word.

The subtitle to this thread should be "Why am I illiterate?"

:book:

Ever considered the possibility that maybe English isn't the topic starter's native tongue? :book:

Moron.

At least two people who admitted to being confused now, or for sometime in the past, were native English speakers. One from Australlia and one from Boston.

As for the OP, they did not indicate.

But had they been literate, they could have went to any number of free online sites to do a little investigation. So as to not, instead, post such a fantastic topic.

They could have typed "How do you pronounce Scraped?" into Google in less time. I assume Google exists in all parts of the world.

It's not a language question as it is a lack of literary resourcefulness.

haha. Illiterate? another language?

No

The reason I ask is that someone brought it up while waiting for 12 hours in the Montreal cold to see the show on the 27th.

Seriously , what a douche comment :/ but that's mygnr and forums in general for you.

I guess. But forums aren't Ask Yahoo!

And scraped is a 5th grade word.

Ever considered the possibility that maybe English isn't the topic starter's native tongue? :book:

Moron.

At least two people who admitted to being confused now, or for sometime in the past, were native English speakers. One from Australlia and one from Boston.

But had they been literate, they could have went to any number of free online sites to do a little investigation. So as to not, instead, post such a fantastic topic.

They could have typed "How do you pronounce Scraped?" into Google in less time. I assume Google exists in all parts of the world.

Did you even try googling that phrase, before suggesting it? Here Now, please point me to the relevant result.....

I actually confuse it all the time. Don't know why, cause my first language is also English.

I think it is because I feel "scraped" is such a weird song title. They should have just called it "Lies They Tell"

Wasn' that the supposed title that was in a "leaked" tracklisting before Chi Dem came out? I'm sure I remember seeing that title.

I actually confuse it all the time. Don't know why, cause my first language is also English.

I think it is because I feel "scraped" is such a weird song title. They should have just called it "Lies They Tell"

Wasn' that the supposed title that was in a "leaked" tracklisting before Chi Dem came out? I'm sure I remember seeing that title.

Thinking of

The Lies They Tell (Eric Cadieux Club Mix)

Moron.

I find that people who are really intelligent don't belittle the intelligence of others. Rather they participate in conversation by hearing a question, and either answering the question if they feel they can contribute constructively, or saying nothing.

Just a thought.

Moron.

I find that people who are really intelligent don't belittle the intelligence of others. Rather they participate in conversation by hearing a question, and either answering the question if they feel they can contribute constructively, or saying nothing.

Just a thought.

You are right

Is like well polited people never say "you are unpolited" to others ... first rule

Edited by karlossacanell