Any love for US in the works?

Snowmass

All I can say is we US fans can hope that possibly since the GNR tour seems to be going well, that Axl decides to grant the US a tour. Awhile back, one of the rock stations in Dallas mentioned the GNR tour when it was starting in Asia and they all agreed it was Axl's call on whether or not to show and actually do the tour.

I'm puzzled as to why Axl doesn't do a full US tour? I can only assume it's because GNR won't sell out large venues and maybe that's what Axl wants. I don't think it's fair since Dallas has many venues all different sizes as I'm sure many US cities do. Maybe Axl would consider doing a summer festival type tour, so GNR won't be the only headliner and they won't have to do a whole hour or more a night?

There are plenty of tours coming to Dallas this year and it's only February. If Axl and GNR decide to actually tour the US and they do a show in Dallas, I will definitely get tickets, but I'm not going to dwell on whether it's a go or not. Luckily for me, many of my favorite bands are touring this year and making new music, so I'm good.

There's just not alot of demand, as you've mentioned. Arenas are too big, clubs are too small...its that 5-6k area which hits the mark yet no venues are that size. they're either 12k or 2k

How is demand estimated? Is it soley based on album sales? This and some other criteria? :question: I should think the huge success in Asia and Canada would drive up interest and "demand" in the US, if there was any question in the first place, -- and in turn the US would be BEGGING for them to come (however, I may be biased) - - but how do they go about measuring this?

...all I know is, I cannot wait - but I must - but I don't wanna do it.....

Edited grammar error and for clarity

Umm, how about the tour in '06 had piss poor attendance? And nothing else has changed except a hush hush release of an average album that hasn't been promoted? There's no demand for GNR in the US or the world, which is why they don't have good attendance anywhere.

How do you define "good attendance"? Are there reliable stats somewhere to support? Or do you state this based on size of venues played thus far vs. potential larger ones?

And I see a point on promotion as it relates to '06….I truly was not aware there was a ’06 tour. (Don’t worry - it’s ok now, I’m here at mygnr and should be safe from making this mistake again). BUT --> I have to blame myself for not paying attention…..my punishment was to have to wait four more years to realize my dream of seeing Axl Rose perform live (in Canada). And when I finally did – I had the joy of discovering the current line-up - - and they are TREMENDOUS. So, punishment? Or, blessing? Everything for a reason……and it was a blessing for certain.

So roll that circus across the USA, GN’R……we’ll be waiting for ya! :thumbsup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The U.S. are greedy fucks and they are so negative why would Axl go there when theres so much love everywhere else

how about the us aren't stupid fucks.

the 3rd chinese democracy tour............sorry if i don't stand in line for a ticket.

The U.S. are greedy fucks and they are so negative why would Axl go there when theres so much love everywhere else...doesnt make sense to me...the crowd throws shit at em they are dicks i hope he doesnt do a tour in the U.S...I saw em in toronto last month and the band kicked serious ass..Axl sounded better then ive ever heard him...and you American pricks would probobly still talk shit about his voice...hes older now he doesnt want to deal with your bullshit...i met him backstage in Toronto and he was talking about that... he said Canada is amazing...I hope he comes back here instead of America...

LOL. "US are greedy". That's why we bail the rest of world out of any problems. And RE: GnR/Axl Rose band...didn't the US make em what they became? What's the last good Canadien band? Celine Dion...........

The U.S. are greedy fucks and they are so negative why would Axl go there when theres so much love everywhere else...doesnt make sense to me...the crowd throws shit at em they are dicks i hope he doesnt do a tour in the U.S...I saw em in toronto last month and the band kicked serious ass..Axl sounded better then ive ever heard him...and you American pricks would probobly still talk shit about his voice...hes older now he doesnt want to deal with your bullshit...i met him backstage in Toronto and he was talking about that... he said Canada is amazing...I hope he comes back here instead of America...

+1

Americans are so fuckin' negative towards Axl.

All I can say is we US fans can hope that possibly since the GNR tour seems to be going well, that Axl decides to grant the US a tour. Awhile back, one of the rock stations in Dallas mentioned the GNR tour when it was starting in Asia and they all agreed it was Axl's call on whether or not to show and actually do the tour.

I'm puzzled as to why Axl doesn't do a full US tour? I can only assume it's because GNR won't sell out large venues and maybe that's what Axl wants. I don't think it's fair since Dallas has many venues all different sizes as I'm sure many US cities do. Maybe Axl would consider doing a summer festival type tour, so GNR won't be the only headliner and they won't have to do a whole hour or more a night?

There are plenty of tours coming to Dallas this year and it's only February. If Axl and GNR decide to actually tour the US and they do a show in Dallas, I will definitely get tickets, but I'm not going to dwell on whether it's a go or not. Luckily for me, many of my favorite bands are touring this year and making new music, so I'm good.

There's just not alot of demand, as you've mentioned. Arenas are too big, clubs are too small...its that 5-6k area which hits the mark yet no venues are that size. they're either 12k or 2k

How is demand estimated? Is it soley based on album sales? This and some other criteria? :question: I should think the huge success in Asia and Canada would drive up interest and "demand" in the US, if there was any question in the first place, -- and in turn the US would be BEGGING for them to come (however, I may be biased) - - but how do they go about measuring this?

Umm, how about the tour in '06 had piss poor attendance? And nothing else has changed except a hush hush release of an average album that hasn't been promoted? There's no demand for GNR in the US or the world, which is why they don't have good attendance anywhere.

Yeah, check out the +90% attendance numbers for the Asian, Canadian and the sales for the upcoming South American tour (they are fucking selling out stadiums).

cupcake. :fuckyou:

Edited by RocketKing99

Is that why the band is selling out stadiums in South America? Is this not a sign of good attendance? Is South America not part of 'the world' to you? You're so involved with your negative agenda, you fail to realize the reality of what you are actually saying.

Edited by IndiannaRose

LOL. "US are greedy". That's why we bail the rest of world out of any problems. And RE: GnR/Axl Rose band...didn't the US make em what they became? What's the last good Canadien band? Celine Dion...........

Dude right on.

Canadians can talk big because they know the US will defend them when they get into trouble. You're also right about the rest of the world.

Everyone hates the US, but they're hands are always out for the money.

Hey Canada, how about guarding your borders better, so no terrorists can get through. lol Oh, wait, that's right you hate the US. Well, let's see how long you last if anything every happens to America.

and you're right. The US was the country that made GNR great and rich. Axl can't say that all US fans are jerks, there are plenty of loyal fans who would go to the concerts if they actually did a US tour.

Yeah, I know nothing has been said yet, and that's part of the problem. I bet after SA, GNR go to do festivals in Europe and by then Axl will have had it with touring and will just come back to the US to retire. lol

+1

Americans are so fuckin' negative towards Axl.

Yeah, check out the +90% attendance numbers for the Asian, Canadian and the sales for the upcoming South American tour (they are fucking selling out stadiums).

cupcake. :fuckyou:

If you think GNR's attendance numbers are good, you're setting the bar really low for this band (in fairness, probably not a bad idea. Axl without Slash = very modest ticket sales). A few of those venues were barely half full, and those are arenas, so why you are talking about stadiums being sold out is beyond me.

Part of the newer, humbler Axl has to be the fact that he should accept that arenas are stretching it until he can restore his reputation. A few great reviews and ass kissing on this forum won't convince the general public to drop $100 to see 'Axl'.