November Rain on Spinner list of bad songs by good bands

mustaine

suprised this isn't a bba thread.

Nah Slash played on the song so he would not have touched this one with a 10 foot pole

Most songs on that list are good! Check the comments, it's like the worst list ever complied.

It's a terrible list, no argument there. I take these things with a grain of salt. Who really cares what Spinner or any magazine has to say? NR is a great song to me, and that's good enough in my mind.

But I was responding to the comment about BBA. He only posts negative articles about Axl/the new band. He wouldn't dream of posting a negative article about a song that the old band did

Sorry man, I quoted you by mistake. I agree completely about BBA... he's a major prick.

Bad songs by Good Bands? November Rain is awesome, and even the mainstream pretty much has an orgasm every time they hear it...

In hindsight, it's definitely a classic, but when it came out, my friends and I all thought: "WTF? GN'R has gone gay?"

a lot of people outside the fanbase see November Rain as GnR's shark jump.

Yup.

Edited by John Bonham

Bad songs by Good Bands? November Rain is awesome, and even the mainstream pretty much has an orgasm every time they hear it...

In hindsight, it's definitely a classic, but when it came out, my friends and I all thought: "WTF? GN'R has gone gay?"

Yup.

Nope

it was the dolphins.

it will always be the dolphins......

Yup.

Funny. When I saw this thread I imediately knew that four specific posters would have negative comments about it. And surprise, surprise. Two of the four (including you) made negative posts.

What kind of friends did you hang out with? I hung out with the musician/rocker crowd and I don't ever recall any of them saying it sounded like GnR turned gay.

Yup.

Nope

it was the dolphins.

it will always be the dolphins......

That's what the fans recognize as the shark jump, but outside of the fanbase, how many people even know that song? DF's right -- for as popular as it is, many people acknowledged NR as the shark jump.

It's a really good ballad but I don't like it as much as I used to. I admire it more than I enjoy it these days. It's very bombastic and usually when I play it now it's more on a nostalgic level than anything else.

Certainly not a bad song.

Edited by Estranged Reality

you don't have any friends, apollo.

and my comment wasn't negative. it's just a fact.

personally, i have NR in my top ten gnr songs. and it's always magic when axl plays those fist piano notes at live shows.

No friends? Uhhh, ok. Good one.

At least I have you as a stalker.

Yup.

Totally disagree with the list thing...that being said like John here I remember listening to NR and was WTF is that...what happen to the band that wrote AFD...but I gave the song a chance then it grew on me...then it started getting annoying and really cheesy...once it hit main stream media it was over for me and fast become least liked tune...great solo and outro but that’s about it for me...mind you seeing it live is a different story.. saw it last week in Toronto and was presently surprised...but ya I don’t think I would every listen to it on my ipod.

suprised this isn't a bba thread.

Nah Slash played on the song so he would not have touched this one with a 10 foot pole

Most songs on that list are good! Check the comments, it's like the worst list ever complied.

It's a terrible list, no argument there. I take these things with a grain of salt. Who really cares what Spinner or any magazine has to say? NR is a great song to me, and that's good enough in my mind.

But I was responding to the comment about BBA. He only posts negative articles about Axl/the new band. He wouldn't dream of posting a negative article about a song that the old band did

Sorry man, I quoted you by mistake. I agree completely about BBA... he's a major prick.

Please don't confuse me with that dude... anyway, I think November Rain is great and totally disagree with the list...

Even more shocking, Radio Ga-Ga at number 2. I'll give them the fact that to most people, NR is way overproduced, but seriously, Radio Ga-Ga?

This list bears no relevance.

Dude, "Radio Ga-Ga" is the worst Queen song ever. And there are some cruddy Queen songs out there.

Dragon Attack.

I rest my case.

"My Baby Does Me" or "Don't Try Suicide".

I rest my case. :)

Even more shocking, Radio Ga-Ga at number 2. I'll give them the fact that to most people, NR is way overproduced, but seriously, Radio Ga-Ga?

This list bears no relevance.

Dude, "Radio Ga-Ga" is the worst Queen song ever. And there are some cruddy Queen songs out there.

Dragon Attack.

I rest my case.

"My Baby Does Me" or "Don't Try Suicide".

I rest my case. :)

Completely forgot about those as well.

In all honestly, what's wrong with Radio Ga-Ga? That's the song that got me into Queen...

Yup.

Funny. When I saw this thread I imediately knew that four specific posters would have negative comments about it. And surprise, surprise. Two of the four (including you) made negative posts.

What kind of friends did you hang out with? I hung out with the musician/rocker crowd and I don't ever recall any of them saying it sounded like GnR turned gay.

Yeah, fuck them for saying it's a classic! :fuckyou: What dicks. I'm glad we've got you here Apollo to keep us right.

Yup.

Totally disagree with the list thing...that being said like John here I remember listening to NR and was WTF is that...what happen to the band that wrote AFD...but I gave the song a chance then it grew on me...then it started getting annoying and really cheesy...once it hit main stream media it was over for me and fast become least liked tune...great solo and outro but that’s about it for me...mind you seeing it live is a different story.. saw it last week in Toronto and was presently surprised...but ya I don’t think I would every listen to it on my ipod.

everything you just said is how i feel about don't cry.

always thought that song was rather cheesy.