The band seemed to gell well as the tour went on

gnr-dave

The band seemed to gell well as the tour went on. Ron has improved a lot, which is good.

DJ was always good save the this i love solo but he started playing that well, and Axls voice is finally getting back into shape.

Lets hope the good set list continues and they should start adding riyadh and oh my god.

riad won't be played because the synth intro was "illegal." dont tell me "Well they could just start the song with guitars instead." sure but it would have been done by now, if axl wanted it that way. why doesnt he want it without the synth? probly the same reason maddy would not be put on the album without the MLK quotes, he thinks its not the same song without it. i'm not complaining about this either. just what i think is going on with riad not being played.

riad won't be played because the synth intro was "illegal." dont tell me "Well they could just start the song with guitars instead." sure but it would have been done by now, if axl wanted it that way. why doesnt he want it without the synth? probly the same reason maddy would not be put on the album without the MLK quotes, he thinks its not the same song without it. i'm not complaining about this either. just what i think is going on with riad not being played.

Illegal???

Illegal???

The opening synth notes were sampled from a track from some other band who sued Guns claiming it was done without their permission. You can find the article in the Newswire section of the forum.

Basically, people have speculated that the lawsuit has been a key factor in the band's decision not play Riad. Another idea that somebody suggested (which could also be true) is that Axl didn't initally want Riad on the album but just put it on there since it leaked. What supports that idea is back in 2006 Axl said the finished album would have 13 songs, but of course, it was released with 14. Riad is most likely the extra.

Just some speculation on the part of many of us as to why they've played all tracks but Riad on the tour so far.

Illegal???

The opening synth notes were sampled from a track from some other band who sued Guns claiming it was done without their permission. You can find the article in the Newswire section of the forum.

Basically, people have speculated that the lawsuit has been a key factor in the band's decision not play Riad. Another idea that somebody suggested (which could also be true) is that Axl didn't initally want Riad on the album but just put it on there since it leaked. What supports that idea is back in 2006 Axl said the finished album would have 13 songs, but of course, it was released with 14. Riad is most likely the extra.

Just some speculation on the part of many of us as to why they've played all tracks but Riad on the tour so far.

Interesting! Thanks!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

However it is with the Riad intro, I doubt that it's illegal to play it live. I think that you are free to play anything you want live without breaking any ownership laws. Otherwise, pretty much every coverband would be fucked...

They could do Riad without the intro. I think Axl doesn't want to. If I'm not mistaken he said here in the forum that he doesn't like the song.

i dont remember him ever saying he didnt like riad, im surprised that tommy doesnt want to play it, tommy said in some magazine interview awhile back about what songs he wanted to play live were if the world and riad, i would assume tommy wants to play it since he was a cowriting on it

The band seemed to gell well as the tour went on. Ron has improved a lot, which is good.

DJ was always good save the this i love solo but he started playing that well, and Axls voice is finally getting back into shape.

Lets hope the good set list continues and they should start adding riyadh and oh my god.

I understand you man, it's hard to accept that Muse have played the same shitty setlist over and over (except in japan where they brought back dead star & citizen erased and play can't take my eyes off of you for the second time ever) and only play 90 minutes a show, when GNR play an amazing set. It was high time you changed your mind ha!

Illegal???

Its not illegal even if they stole it, you can play any song you want live and you dont have to pay the artist anything.

Just look at gnr playing whole lotta rosie as a perfect example

Illegal???

Its not illegal even if they stole it, you can play any song you want live and you dont have to pay the artist anything.

Just look at gnr playing whole lotta rosie as a perfect example

true, but i dont think GNR would want the press or anyone pointing fingers at them saying "hey u stole that." but then again new GNR/ Axl gets so much sheeot now a days what's one more complaint. haha

but seriously, my guess is the band just wants to put this Riad situation to rest and playing it live with or without the intro doesnt help that. or like i said earlier Axl thinks it wouldnt be the same song without the intro.

what did you think of the recent ron interview? where he basically said in 06 he felt it was his job to be all crazy and all over the place, wheras now he is just trying to stay true to the material. i thought of you when i read this. i feel like he admitted what a lot of us have always speculated. it has made a huge difference. his solos have improved so much. its kind of like swinging a golf club, you can swing 100% power but it might not be pretty. ease it back to like 90% and youll have more success.

one thing with ron, i never really found he had stage presence. yes he is an awesome player but for the most part he stands and plays. this is why ashba is so crucial to the new dynamic.

1.he is the perfect player. i think he is exactly what we were looking for. his old solos are slashesque, his new solos are a bit further off but sound just as good.

2.he has stage presence. the shows i was up front for confirmed it, he is a heart throb. girls didnt know exactly who he was but they were losing their shit all the same. hes a good looking guy and he brings that aspect i think we were lacking for years. hes a pretty sly dancer as well. finck moved around and shit but never really interacted with the crowd from what i saw. ashba was literally in the stands in halifax. i didnt get the same vibe from robin.

i think ashba makes ron better, or at least lets ron fill his role without being responsible for playin it up to the crowd. ron is now sort of like the secret weapon, i think thats exactly how it should be. fortus and ashba out front while ron rips it up in the back.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Illegal???

This I Love is the extra, band members have mentioned it before.

Its about time we be positive and accept this band as what it is! Axl Rose is still the best frontman alive , so its hope this band can keep up, so far so good.There will never be a Real Guns n Roses show ever again, ive seen the real band 3 times back in the day, and its still the best show I have ever seen but im willing to give the new band at least a chance!

they sound alright. .. i like this new band.. as much as fink and buckethead.... but this will never be a real GNR untill Axl show us that they can play each and every GNR song in the catalogue... this is a fact.. if a band cant play theyre own material.. theyre not a real band.. it is written..

Get well? Were they all sick?

"GELL" not "Get Well"... easy mistake lol

Thank you, it was supposed to be gell

what did you think of the recent ron interview? where he basically said in 06 he felt it was his job to be all crazy and all over the place, wheras now he is just trying to stay true to the material. i thought of you when i read this. i feel like he admitted what a lot of us have always speculated. it has made a huge difference. his solos have improved so much. its kind of like swinging a golf club, you can swing 100% power but it might not be pretty. ease it back to like 90% and youll have more success.

one thing with ron, i never really found he had stage presence. yes he is an awesome player but for the most part he stands and plays. this is why ashba is so crucial to the new dynamic.

1.he is the perfect player. i think he is exactly what we were looking for. his old solos are slashesque, his new solos are a bit further off but sound just as good.

2.he has stage presence. the shows i was up front for confirmed it, he is a heart throb. girls didnt know exactly who he was but they were losing their shit all the same. hes a good looking guy and he brings that aspect i think we were lacking for years. hes a pretty sly dancer as well. finck moved around and shit but never really interacted with the crowd from what i saw. ashba was literally in the stands in halifax. i didnt get the same vibe from robin.

i think ashba makes ron better, or at least lets ron fill his role without being responsible for playin it up to the crowd. ron is now sort of like the secret weapon, i think thats exactly how it should be. fortus and ashba out front while ron rips it up in the back.

He is better than I thought, but I still think BH is way better.

And I still think he is boring on stage but for what he had to work with, he has improved a lot