GnR song that wasn't

burden

A great song by GnR, that should have the finale to UYII is "Goodnight Tonight". It is a fun up-tempo song that would have been a great fun cap off to end shows with after Paradise City. So much wasted time and opportunity. As great as GnR were, 15 years wasted What a shame.

It's a fun song, hearing a studio version would be cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tq5cD76TNc

damn that guy blows, i hate when people get lazy and leave notes out n shit

as much as I love the song I dont think it would have fit in amidst the illusions, let alone as a finale. Maybe it would have worked on the first half of GNR Lies? Its a great song though, so catchy and fun to play. I'd give my left nut to go back in time and see them play this at some swanky LA club

Edited by sweetness

AMAZING!

This is when GnR was at their rawest. This is the group that had the fuck the world attitude and gave birth to AFD. I'm pretty sure they were still starving musicians at the time of this recording. IMO this is the true GnR when they had nothing but themselves and their music. No money, no fame, no politics bull shit, not a care in the world just living for the moment.

WOW! To be there

Weird to see Axl without his AFD tattoo.

If anyone has links to any other footage of the band before they signed a record deal pls post.

rock3

Maybe if they did an expanded "Lies". I think the only reason they put out the "Live Like a Suicide" songs was so people weren't getting ripped off by record stores, who might have been putting bootleg copies out for 25 a pop, or selling original copies for way too much money. In 2010, I doubt they would've put the live EP out because people would've traded it online a million times over. I had the tape copy of "Live Like a Suicide", but that's been loooong gone for a long time.

The band prob. didn't care for it and dropped it altogether. I know, some of us would love to have anything and everything from a particular era (and try to), but if the band wanted it out and had thought it releasable, they would've put it out themselves. It sounds like a closing song to play live that didn't work for them to keep it around for long.