Please play some Civil war

Hanoi Rocks

anyone heard the civil war clip from the 02 vegas rehersals ????? id love to hear this line up on it!!!!! B)

what civil war rehearsal clip?? Link?

i got it burned somewhere..................... i would have got the link from somewhere on this site though.

That clip is a fake. It's just an old demo of it from the Illusion era that someone remixed a bit to sound like it was a soundcheck clip (ie. a bit more reverb to sound like it's being "performed" to an empty hall). It's a common misconception as many places list it as being from the rehearsals from the Vegas show in 2001, but it's just the old demo.

They got the year wrong, but here's the original demo:

Couldn't find the "Vegas rehearsal" remix on YouTube. I've got it on a flashdrive somewhere.

ummmmmmm..........no I've heard the illusions demo and this isn't what im talking about

If we want to make this the usual "songs I'd like to hear live" thread...

Civil War

Estranged

Yesterdays

Perfect Crime

Locamotive

In six shows I've heard all but two tracks from CD, pretty much all of AFD, so those would be cool. But whatever - I'm not that picky and the setlists in Toronto/Hamilton were awesome!

(Don't Cry would be on there, but they have played it live - in 07).

Throw Double Talkin' Jive in there. I'd love to hear that beast again.

I was pondering that one... I love the bassline on it. Would still prefer the others.

Oh and Ain't It Fun is another one.

You know, if the band ever gets an official site they have full control of/that gets updated often, they should run a poll. Pick 4 or 5 songs the new lineup hasn't done live (let the band pick just so they have some control since they likely have reasons for not playing some stuff), have the fans vote on one, and do it. Gotta figure the online fans would go apeshit for that.

Hi guys im back, i think it´s time to bring up civil war on the setlist, im going to buy tickets to helsinki live concert when GnR is finally confirmed and seriously if these guys would play this song, me and my girlfriend and many others will shed some tears of joy.

I would love to see civil war live 2 and estranged, those are 2 powerful songs!

For sure! By the way welcome to the forum :)

Thanks man! :) I think Axl does have some "demons" with songs like Estranged and Civil war regarding his history with old members like Slash etc. but someday he must face them.

my vote goes for civil war and estranged...and in europe.

maybe when ron played very little bit of estranged in asia, why couldn´t he play it as a solo? he played demanded don´t cry in 2006/07, so he could play estranged in 2010..(if he wanted, why not?) :xmasssanta: :shades:

I agree and hope that Civil War and Estranged are the two most likely as yet unplayed songs to be played in S. America-----

Here's 1 that would be AWESOME to hear tho......Don't Damn Me.

That is one of the most underappreciated songs in their catalog, not only that but I'd imagine Ron & DJ could KILL it on that song.

just a thought.

• 8 months later...

I Think were more likely 2 hear estranged for two reasons.

1 being that BBF plays that snippet in his solo, and when he played dont cry as a solo in 06, it became Vocals too by 07

2 being that Axl said in his DEC 08 chats that "I'd like to play estranged again at some point, but no plans at the minute" when asked about old illusions tracks

Plus id prefer estranged. Although id take either.

I Think were more likely 2 hear estranged for two reasons.

1 being that BBF plays that snippet in his solo, and when he played dont cry as a solo in 06, it became Vocals too by 07

2 being that Axl said in his DEC 08 chats that "I'd like to play estranged again at some point, but no plans at the minute" when asked about old illusions tracks

Plus id prefer estranged. Although id take either.

Yeah, but I really want to hear Axl do the vocals just so that there is a valid comparison out there for this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXjPGosOtM

Theres Doesnt need to be. Axl would clearly kick myles' Ass. The only GnR song he can sing is Sweet Child. All the others need more Grit, and rasp.

Check out nice boys from San Sebastian if you dont know what i mean.

I totally know what you mean :thumbsup: it's just that I want to hear Axl sing it again and show that he owns that song.