AXL ROSE - DON'T YOU COME HOME, BILL BAILEY

HOLDEN CAULFIELD

yeah thats an old clip. I don't know about you people but I come from a small town and if you don't, you don't understand what its like. Monica is the only one in the clip that has a clue. Teachers will say whatever they are told too. Oh and who the hell becomes a Rock Star to be a role model anyway? Idiots.

I'm sure if he went to Lafayette now, they'd treat him a lot nicer, and I'm sure the music teachers mention that he went to school there. I think he may have gone back just to make peace with his past. A lot of people that hate their hometown usually wind up going back and burying the ghosts.

The piece was more or less about him being this wild rock star who looked like a normal kid that could've come from anywhere. And there are millions of kids who went through and go through the same thing, but have nothing to channel it into.

If he didn't have music to turn to, who knows what would've happened.

I like how some of you bash Lafayette just because Axl does. Have any of you ever been there? It's a nice city. Purdue University is there so there are arts and music, a great blues bar called the Knickerbocker, an awesome pizza place, and thousands of hot college girls. I had a ton of fun when I lived there.

This is the outside. This is not what happens behind the curtains in communities like this. Did you grow up there? In a religiously extremist neighbourhood? I somehow doubt it. And Axl lived there 30-40 years ago which doubtless makes another difference to what you experienced.

This is the outside. This is not what happens behind the curtains in communities like this. Did you grow up there? In a religiously extremist neighbourhood? I somehow doubt it. And Axl lived there 30-40 years ago which doubtless makes another difference to what you experienced.

I did not grow up there but I came of age there. I went to Purdue and lived and worked there for about 10 years. Religiously extremist neighborhood? In Lafayette? No such thing. I agree that the 30-40 years ago it was a different city but if a young Axl did the shit that he did today he would still be on the police radar. Are Lafayete and West lafayette paradise? No, but they aren't the hell that Axl makes them out to be.

I have never been to Lafayette. Not 30-40 years ago and not nowadays. But I do know small town life. And I do know what awful secrets are often kept behind those spotless facades. And how you are treated if you are different and refuse to accept to live with lies and in hypocrisy. Knowing this, I can well imagine how teenage Axl suffered before he left. To him it was a hell, a concentration camp as he once called it - not without reason, I bet.

i didn't grow up there, but i grew up in another small place in a western country with religiously extremist neighbourhood .

i think the experiences are aalmost the same - especially when you're different.

watching this video turns my stomach, but it prooves, that people see a person the way they want.

most of the time, this has nothing to do with the real person.

i wouldn't return to my hometown.

i am sure, they will find other scapegoats for their weird phantasies and own disability and lack of courage to be an individual.

I have never been to Lafayette. Not 30-40 years ago and not nowadays. But I do know small town life. And I do know what awful secrets are often kept behind those spotless facades. And how you are treated if you are different and refuse to accept to live with lies and in hypocrisy. Knowing this, I can well imagine how teenage Axl suffered before he left. To him it was a hell, a concentration camp as he once called it - not without reason, I bet.

For Axl to call Lafayette a concentration camp is as ignorant as it gets. It belittles the victims of such camps. So every small town is the same?

No. But religious bigotry is. And that's what he had in Lafayette, it seems. Can you not accept that he experienced this town in the way he described it? Just as it is accepted that you experienced it in a different way 30 years later? I would like to stop discussing this now. I said all I have to say about it.

i didn't grow up there, but i grew up in another small place in a western country with religiously extremist neighbourhood .

i think the experiences are aalmost the same - especially when you're different.

watching this video turns my stomach, but it prooves, that people see a person the way they want.

most of the time, this has nothing to do with the real person.

i wouldn't return to my hometown.

i am sure, they will find other scapegoats for their weird phantasies and own disability and lack of courage to be an individual.

Didn't see this post. Proves my point though. Talking about Germany? :xmasssanta: