How about FULL ALBUMS in concert?

springclean

I saw Springsteen doing this on tour, he played an entire album each night in the original album order of the song plus a few other songs before and(/or after.

Guns performed almost all of AFD in 2006 and all but Riad from CD in 2010 do you think this could work?

Imagine the band playing the entire UYI I+II albums in sequence plus SCOM, PC, TWAT, Better and stuff on top of that.

They do 3hr+ shows anyway already, might as well give it a try for the fuck of it. I'm sure some would find that boring but maybe this could be fun and make each night very special.

Throwing in a bit more UYI material would be appreciated anyways what do you think?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather them play 20+ songs all with variety then just AFD one night, or just ChiDem one night...that would be a buzz kill tbh, and a reasonably short concert..

Now, playing all of UYI I & II in one night? ORGASM.

It wouldn't be all they play. They'd still do some other stuff.

Honestly, I'd only want to hear CD front to back.

its rediculous that AXL refuses to play anything off UYI except 2 dumb covers. These are great albums with great songs. GET A CLUE AXL, and give the fans what we want. HOW HARD OF A CONCEPT IS THAT???

In before a GNR-educator tells you that NR and YCBM are not covers. There has ot be a reason that they don't play more Illusions.

One of the other 8 guys n the band should take Axl aside and let him know that the Illusions have sold 30 million albums and they should learn more songs from them.If these guys are such great musicians ,surely learning a few more songs would be easy,right?

Slash,Duff and Izzy played them and all the GNR-educators on here who weren't even at the shows will tell you how high/drunk they were ,yet the still knew those songs :shrugs:

wow 2 whole songs off 2 classic albums worth of material. i am so satisfied. u can get axls penis out ur mouth now. u dont have to blindly defend him when u know hes wrong

its rediculous that AXL refuses to play anything off UYI except 2 dumb covers. These are great albums with great songs. GET A CLUE AXL, and give the fans what we want. HOW HARD OF A CONCEPT IS THAT???

In before a GNR-educator tells you that NR and YCBM are not covers.

Last I heard it's a publishing rights thing these two songs belong to the AFD era rights so he can play them plus the covers.

VR didn't play any UYI material either, did they?

In before a GNR-educator tells you that NR and YCBM are not covers. There has ot be a reason that they don't play more Illusions.

One of the other 8 guys n the band should take Axl aside and let him know that the Illusions have sold 30 million albums and they should learn more songs from them.If these guys are such great musicians ,surely learning a few more songs would be easy,right?

Slash,Duff and Izzy played them and all the GNR-educators on here who weren't even at the shows will tell you how high/drunk they were ,yet the still knew those songs :shrugs:

wow 2 whole songs off 2 classic albums worth of material. i am so satisfied. u can get axls penis out ur mouth now. u dont have to blindly defend him when u know hes wrong

Someone ban this asshole. If you wanna bitch about it it's okay, but don't insult other members. Another thing: AXL OWE US NOTHING.

Edited by marlon_brando15

In before a GNR-educator tells you that NR and YCBM are not covers. There has to be a reason that they don't play more Illusions.

Nice... more blanket statements. All this forum needs.

Last I heard it's a publishing rights thing these two songs belong to the AFD era rights so he can play them plus the covers.

Well,why couldn't he play Breakdown and Coma if he is credited as sole writer? I know that Slash,Duff,Izzy,etc. get $ when songs they wrote are performed in concert by GNR.

Unfounded claims too, also something we need more of around here. Who told you this?

Well,why couldn't he play Breakdown and Coma if he is credited as sole writer? I know that Slash,Duff,Izzy,etc. get $ when songs they wrote are performed in concert by GNR.

Unfounded claims too, also something we need more of around here. Who told you this?

That's how the music BIZ works, Son. Of course they get royalties for live performances of their material.

Im not sure where youre getting these delusional ideas, this is not true.

I have no idea, Estranged probably is a different animal but at least gimme some Breakdown it's one of the best GNR songs ever.

That's how the music BIZ works, Son. Of course they get royalties for live performances of their material.

You're in the BIZ, son ??

Hes obviously far from it. I see him make false statements, assumptions (and attempt to pass them off as God-sent fact) and give blanket statements out like candy. Half the time the guy is trolling, its too hard to take him seriously to give his posts any credibility in the first place. Im not sure why Ive allowed myself to be baited in to this.

Someone ban this asshole. If you wanna bitch about it it's okay, but don't insult other members. Another thing: AXL OWE US NOTHING.

ACTUALY AXL DOES OWE US SOMETHING. WE ARE THE ONES THAT MADE HIM AND HIS MUSIC POPULAR AND MADE HIM RICH. IF IT WASNT FOR US HIS ASS WOULD STILL BE IN INDIANA WORKING ON A FARM.

I AM SORRY FOR HURLING AN INSULT TOWARDS ANOTHER FORUM MEMBER AND I APOLIGIZE FOR THAT.

ACTUALY AXL DOES OWE US SOMETHING. WE ARE THE ONES THAT MADE HIM AND HIS MUSIC POPULAR AND MADE HIM RICH. IF IT WASNT FOR US HIS ASS WOULD STILL BE IN INDIANA WORKING ON A FARM.

I AM SORRY FOR HURLING AN INSULT TOWARDS ANOTHER FORUM MEMBER AND I APOLIGIZE FOR THAT.

So if Axl didnt in part come to form the band known as Guns N' Roses and subsequently tour under the name for decades - you and all of the other fans would have still made him rich and famous, leaving him forever indebted to him? Or are you saying you are the guy that discovered this talent and helped furnish a career for the man? Its your option to support Guns/Axl or to get the fuck out. Youre not owed, youre indulging in something you enjoy. Thats like saying you NEED a car and WANT food. Which is the necessity here?

Im not sure where youre getting these delusional ideas, this is not true.

Thanks for the GNR-education but you are wrong,Broham:

Enlighten me then, please; OH WISE ONE.

So if Axl didnt in part come to form the band known as Guns N' Roses and subsequently tour under the name for decades - you and all of the other fans would have still made him rich and famous, leaving him forever indebted to him? Or are you saying you are the guy that discovered this talent and helped furnish a career for the man? Its your option to support Guns/Axl or to get the fuck out. Youre not owed, youre indulging in something you enjoy. Thats like saying you NEED a car and WANT food. Which is the necessity here?

WHAT I AM SAYING IS AXL NEEDS THE FANS JUST AS MUCH AS THE FANS NEED AXL. MAYBE IF HE TREATED HIS FANS BETTER HE WOULDNT BE PLAYING FOR 5,000 PEOPLE IN AN ARENA FOR 30,000 LOL

Hes obviously far from it. I see him make false statements, assumptions (and attempt to pass them off as God-sent fact) and give blanket statements out like candy. Half the time the guy is trolling, its too hard to take him seriously to give his posts any credibility in the first place. Im not sure why Ive allowed myself to be baited in to this.

I rest my case after seeing your bday on your profile. This Mr.Oral Sex cat was barely born when AFD was taking over the charts,

Damn Im offended, Ive never seen the age card thrown around on these boards in place of a substantial defense. You make statements and claims that your ass cant cash, friend.

For the record, at the age I listened to Appetite for Destruction, Lies, Use Your Illusions I and II - I was probably of similar age to you when you had your initial GnR experience. Im sure most fans were around the same age (being 14-17). Just because I was born in a different year doesnt break my credibility down more than the next fan.

I rest my case after seeing your bday on your profile. This Mr.Oral Sex cat was barely born when AFD was taking over the charts,

Damn Im offended, Ive never seen the age card thrown around on these boards in place of a substantial defense. You make statements and claims that your ass cant cash, friend.

You do the research. Bands get PAID when their material is performed live by other artists. Slash,Izzy,Duff,etc, get paid for these performances when Axl plays material they wrote. Just as Axl would be paid when VR played old GNR songs live,

I dont need to do the research, if I did it would only be to post a credible source to throw your claims out the window. In any case - seeing as we do not know the details of all the lawsuits which have taken place regarding Guns N' Roses and their catalogue (between Axl and Old Co.), we dont know any of the special circumstances that might pertain to the playing of their material live or even the recording of said material. Seeing as the material would be essentially co-owned by the ex-members and Axl - he's free to play it without paying them anyway.

It does vary by circumstance though. Stop talking out of your ass, some people actually buy into this shit without thinking anything further of it.

Age is not important, seriously. I'm only 16. I work, study, speak 2 languages. I know a lot more than my aunt who is graduate. Why do you use this as argument ?? It's so poor.

WHAT I AM SAYING IS AXL NEEDS THE FANS JUST AS MUCH AS THE FANS NEED AXL. MAYBE IF HE TREATED HIS FANS BETTER HE WOULDNT BE PLAYING FOR 5,000 PEOPLE IN AN ARENA FOR 30,000 LOL

He doesn't care. If he doesn't, why do you care ??

You do the research. Bands get PAID when their material is performed live by other artists. Slash,Izzy,Duff,etc, get paid for these performances when Axl plays material they wrote. Just as Axl would be paid when VR played old GNR songs live,

Axl didn't BUY the rights to LALD from Paul McCartney so Macca (or whoever owns the rights to the song) gets paid when GNR play LALD live,see how this works, Junior?

Again, prove and we will shut up. Otherwise, don't make "obvious" allegations about something that you don't really know.

Youre providing absolutely NO evidence to your argument. You just mentioned a song GnR plays live (which Axl acquired the rights to do YEARS AGO and doesnt have to pay every time he goes on to play it). If you actually believe what youre saying to be fact, then I apologize because you are either uneducated on the matter or you are misinformed, either way - YOU need to do your research on the subject before making these nonsense claims. I see it every fuckin day out of you.

Someone here is being a dick... anyway I wanted to say it's seriously depressing how they are staying away from UYI songs so much. Theres sooo many songs I've wanted to hear, especially Estranged. But I'd understand if they can't play it for legal reasons, or if Axl just doesn't want to revisit the time that album was made. Other than that the album is just as important to the GnR legacy and they should play it! They were putting on great shows, but the setlists were getting predictable and boring in my opinion. :shrugs:

Springsteen is,what 15 years older than Axl and he still does cool stuff like that for his fans. Great idea, but I doubt the band wants to learn all those songs. They have been doing the same FOUR Illusions songs (2 of which are covers) for the last ten years.

True, but Springsteen just stands there all show Axl does not. If Bruce ran around like Axl he would not make it through 1/3 of his set.

I would much rather have them play most of CD and add back in silkworms, riad and oh my god, then hear the AFD songs no one cares about (think about you / anything goes)

Edited by gnr-dave