The positivity thread

lizwontcry

I know I'll probably get shit for this, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread without all the negativity and the OMGZ REUNION and GNR educator crap. Disagree with me if you want, but I believe this is an exciting time to be a fan of this band, original line-up be damned.

So, here are some positive things that I'd like to point out:

- The Asian tour introduced the world to the new and improved GN'R, the one that is determined to take over the world. Lots of positive reviews, Axl seemed like he had a good time, fun was had by all.

- The Canadian tour was amazing and gave us many 2.5 hour sets, a lot of fun pictures, youtube vids, tweets from Axl and the rest of the band, and a lot to look forward to in the future.

- Many dates on the South American tour are sold out, and we all know how much they love GNR over there.

- Axl seems to be having a good time, he's out and about in New York playing surprise shows and hanging out with Baz, giving us novel-length tweets and showing us what's happening in his world a little bit.

So many cool things have happened this year and it's only February. I can't wait to see what happens next.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is amazing, can Butliz be the moderator please?

+1

Way to go Butliz

I really think this line-up has all it takes to take over the world. It's just up to the fans to finally decide for being supportive instead of just bitchin' on the forums.

Edited by Helen Luna

All in all, for all the stuff people have said about GNR and Chinese Democracy over the years, now that the music's been out for a while and people know the songs going to the concerts, and they're not overbooking themselves, so far so good. This could've been an epic failure.

Just remember - if you live in the US, The Police had given Best Buy credit card holders first crack at the tickets. Anyone who tried to get the credit card after the announcement - they couldn't get the priority tickets. GNR still have a deal with Best Buy. There's no guarantee this will be the case with GNR.

Guest RonMexico82

Positives for me:

1: Guns are back on tour.

2: Axl returns to the public eye by smacking the shit out of some paparazzi motherfucker and it is caught in all its glory on video.

3: Axl is looking like Axl - rocking the bandana, fur coats, long hair and shades.

4: Most importantly Axl is singing his ass off and sounding better than ever.

5: The band are now playing like a group of guys who WANT TO BE THERE and having fun in the process.

6: Ashba has had little trouble fitting in, looking the part and playing like he belongs there.

7: Ron is clearly more comfortable onstage with the band and is playing with a much more GNR sound.

8: Frank - what can I say, love the guy and his enthusiasm.

9: Axl on twitter to answer questions and settle the score when he see's fit.

10: I'll be 100% happy if I can say that GNR will be playing Ireland this year.

Positives for me:

2: Axl returns to the public eye by smacking the shit out of some paparazzi motherfucker and it is caught in all its glory on video.

3: Axl is looking like Axl - rocking the bandana, fur coats, long hair and shades.

5: The band are now playing like a group of guys who WANT TO BE THERE and having fun in the process.

6: Ashba has had little trouble fitting in, looking the part and playing like he belongs there.

7: Ron is clearly more comfortable onstage with the band and is playing with a much more GNR sound.

This, 100%.

Positives for me:

This is a good idea. A nice, clear list. I'm going to add:

(all of yours)

11. Those neat neon shoes Axl was wearing at Surprise Gig 1

12. Fortus' bond solo thing

13. Axl sounding god damn motherfckng awesome on this tour

14. European dates in 2010

15. Axl's recent trip to MyGNRforum rock2

16. Ron sounding awesome on Shackler's solo

17 - Ron's awesome latest interviews, shedding lights on a lot of subjects that were mysterious or confusing for us;

18 - Ashba's simplicity to come here and talk to the fans;

19 - Axl's attitude addressing issues that are being talked about on the forums, and opening a big hug to be friend of those in the press that want to really be friends with them;

20 - Madison being de-modded (sorry you guys who like her as poster or fan, but as a mod she was bringing a lot of negativity in);

21 - Acoustic gigs;

22 - Europe Tour slowly assuming a shape.

because axl is an awesome person, .. and although i may not knjow him, a get a good vibe from him. laaaaa.

-gibbz

haha ,, has anyone noticed axl's epic thighs? lioke i mean they're great looking. ya just wanna smack em. but anyways, just wanted to mention that. they're always like KA POW! WHADUP BITCH?!

great thighs/

All I care about is hearing new music. And Axl hasn't been too consistent in the regard. I saw them in NYC in 2006 and it was great. I am just so anxious to hear what he's been working on it pisses me off and leaves me frustrated.

Then perhaps you would like to start a negativity thread (or use one of the many existing negative threads) and post that thought. A bit off topic for this one.

For me, the highlights so far have been:

1. Seeing Axl for the first time,,even if it was in a violent altercation. It just blasted the tour off for me.

2. The surprise of the long concerts in Asia.

3. DJ Ashba has just brought so much fun to it, and the band is having a great time together.

4. mygnrforum.com which kept the excitement going so that I could share it with real fans..

5. Axl's communications, keeping in touch with his fans.

6. And of course my highlight - the Toronto concert that I attended!

7. Axl's epic thighs!

And so much more fun to come. There really is a lot more positive stuff happening than negative these days. It is a good time to be a GnR fan!

Edited by Orsys

-GnR is back on tour

-Axl tweets are funny

-Dj looks and sounds cool as fuck ( and fits in like a hand in a glove )

-Ron doesn't play Bumblefoot licks in the middle of songs anymore and nails Bucket's solo ( can't wait to see him do that )

-CD songs sound great

-Frank stepped up his game and sounds awesome, don't miss Brain anymore even though he is still my favourite drummer of all time

Overall, my only complaint is that there isn't a dvd of this tour in the works :shrugs: because it looks spectacular...

Band is sounding fucking awesome, Axl is on the top of his game, or at least the best he's been for a long time now, tour dates across the world this year and generally positive reviews. Yup, life is pretty sweet compared to what we've been used to these last few years.

Only problems I have right now is the official website, which I hope will be sorted out and tidied up a little in due course, that's the only thing that's really letting down what is a seriously kickass group at the moment! rock3