Different versions of 'Shadow Of Your Love'?

MJG

Hope someone can confirm (I looked for this in FAQ but couldn't find/post in there).

Is Shadow Of Your Love live, from the "It's So Easy" single the same version as Shadow Of Your Love from the "Live And Let Die" single? Thanks.

Hope someone can confirm (I looked for this in FAQ but couldn't find/post in there).

Is Shadow Of Your Love live, from the "It's So Easy" single the same version as Shadow Of Your Love from the "Live And Let Die" single? Thanks.

I don't know but i do now is that there are several different demo versions out of this song. One demo version starts with wake up,time to play!! while the other version does'nt have this intro scream.

I don't know but i do now is that there are several different demo versions out of this song. One demo version starts with wake up,time to play!! while the other version does'nt have this intro scream.

The version of Shadow Of Your Love from the "Live And Let Die" single starts with wake up,time to play!!.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The It's So Easy single I've got only have It's So Easy and Mr Brownstone on it. :unsure:

It's on the Live From The Jungle EP however.

The one on Live From The Jungle EP and the Live And Let Die single are different however.

The It's So Easy single I've got only have It's So Easy and Mr Brownstone on it. :unsure:

The one on Live From The Jungle EP and the Live And Let Die single are different however.

The one from the Live from the jungle EP was recorded at The Marque in 1987.

You must have the 7". Shadow live is on the It's So Easy 12" picture disc. It must be the same as the Live From The Jungle EP then???

It can't be as its a "fake" live version like the "live" songs on Lies (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses_(EP)).

It can't be as its a "fake" live version like the "live" songs on Lies (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses_(EP)).

It's not a fake live version. Axl mentions these recordings at 1 of the Marque shows.

06.28.87 - The Marquee, London, England

set: It's So Easy, Shadow Of Your Love, Move To The City, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Whole Lotta Rosie

audio/video recording?: audio [incomplete]

notes: This setlist is incomplete. These 5 songs were released on the Japanese EP "Live From The Jungle."

http://www.gnrontour.com/

I own a Live from the jungle EP so i know what i'm talking about.

I have three versions one is live, one is from the LALD single with wake up its time to play, and the other just starts with the riff and its from practice for destruction.

There is also one on the Nov Rain cd i believe but I think its the same as the PFD cut.

So I believe there are three versions not counting hollywood roses versions

It's not a fake live version. Axl mentions these recordings at 1 of the Marque shows.

set: It's So Easy, Shadow Of Your Love, Move To The City, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Whole Lotta Rosie

notes: This setlist is incomplete. These 5 songs were released on the Japanese EP "Live From The Jungle."

shadow of your love on the live from the jungle EP is from the live like a suicide sessions. i'm sorry, but you're mistaken.

i know what i'm talking about, but not because i own the live from the jungle EP, although i do.

And can you proof this?

No, it's a fake-live recording. First off, the crowd sounds too big to be the Marquee, it goes along with the crowd dubs on LLAS. Also, listen to the audio quality of the recording of SOYL compare to KOHD and ISE (Which are actually from the Marquee); there's a vast difference in recording quality. The Marquee tracks are much rawer, and probably only a rough mix off the soundboard. Shadow is much more refined and polished sounding, like LLAS.

And I have the EP as well, on both CD and vinyl, so that's no basis for your argument. ;)

It's really not complicated at all.

"Wake up its time to play" version is on LALD single.

Which is a demo recording made before Appetite.

The slower studio version Which is also on the "Live From The Jungle" EP

is from LLAS sessions, With or without crowd overdub it's the same song.

The Hollywood rose Demo is from the Hollywood Rose days.

The first one on the CD is real, the other two are remixes.

I think that's it...I can't think of any more.....

Edited by 31illusion

No, it's a fake-live recording. First off, the crowd sounds too big to be the Marquee, it goes along with the crowd dubs on LLAS. Also, listen to the audio quality of the recording of SOYL compare to KOHD and ISE (Which are actually from the Marquee); there's a vast difference in recording quality. The Marquee tracks are much rawer, and probably only a rough mix off the soundboard. Shadow is much more refined and polished sounding, like LLAS.

And I have the EP as well, on both CD and vinyl, so that's no basis for your argument. ;)

The reason the live version of SOYL and the slower studio version sound different is because of the mix.

The drums are higher in the mix on the studio and Axls voice echos, where as on the fake live version the drums are lower in the mix and Axls echo is taken off.

The guitars sound identical. So its safe to assume its the same track

Axl never sings a song exactly the same way but he does with these two tracks.

Its def fake crowd noise

Edited by gnr-dave