So with the tour resuming in a week...

Cruel Intentions

I would say it's pretty safe to say that there will be no more surprise/secret shows in the US. This isn't a thread meant to bash Axl or GNR, but doesn't this make all the promises of secret shows pretty much pointless? Neither show was accessible for the general public unless you had some type of connection to get in. So, why get everyone's hopes up of secret shows when we all essentially had no chance of attending? Just seemed like all a big tease to me. I would've rather not been promised any secret shows so at least that way I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up of possibly attending a GNR show.

Thoughts? Would you rather that Axl had said nothing about the secret shows?

BALLZ.

Edit: Stop complaining, the secret shows were great. At least we didn't have to go all that time with nothing at all happening. And they sounded fucktastic, so.... I kinda cant believe we're still talking about that?

Edited by Phanatic

There will always be secret shows. Some will stay a secret and most won't. But atleast we know GNR are alive n' well. I'd say GNR are prepping for Brasil right now. Expect em there by mid-week. I'm sure Axl was cleaning the rumour slate before the next leg of the tour starts. Smart marketing. Thank Doc for that one I think.

I would say it's pretty safe to say that there will be no more surprise/secret shows in the US. This isn't a thread meant to bash Axl or GNR, but doesn't this make all the promises of secret shows pretty much pointless? Neither show was accessible for the general public unless you had some type of connection to get in. So, why get everyone's hopes up of secret shows when we all essentially had no chance of attending? Just seemed like all a big tease to me. I would've rather not been promised any secret shows so at least that way I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up of possibly attending a GNR show.

Axl mentioned the surprise gigs to give us news and an update on what was going on with GN'R. Did you want a personal invitation or something? Give the guy a break.

Axl mentioned the surprise gigs to give us news and an update on what was going on with GN'R. Did you want a personal invitation or something? Give the guy a break.

Don't be ridiculous. He came on here saying "for the rest of you, surprise gigs coming soon" and what we got were two gigs that the average GNR fan had no chance of getting into. Some of you guys act like Axl can do no wrong for fuck's sake. I'm not saying anything bad about him, just that I thought it was sort of pointless to tease us with gigs that 99% of us had no chance of being able to get into.

Don't be ridiculous. He came on here saying "for the rest of you, surprise gigs coming soon" and what we got were two gigs that the average GNR fan had no chance of getting into. Some of you guys act like Axl can do no wrong for fuck's sake. I'm not saying anything bad about him, just that I thought it was sort of pointless to tease us with gigs that 99% of us had no chance of being able to get into.

You read too much into what he was saying, that's all. You assumed the surprise gigs were gonna be huge shows that anyone could easily get into. But he never said that, did he? He simply said "surprise gigs" and that is what we got.

Does everything they do have to be an "equal opportunity" thing for the fans? I think that's being a little self centered and selfish on your part. These weren't regular shows so just get over it. Concentrate on the current tour, which is ongoing.

I think Axl talked about you in his Twitter post. If there ever is another secret/surprise gig, the chances of you ever getting in now are nil.

Axl is in New York City, while the rest of the band is in Los Angeles. It doesn't seem physically possible. Plus, we have a tour coming up in like a week. I'm betting on more 'surprise' shows before Europe.

How do you know this?

In regards to the OP, yeah, I kind of agree with you, it was pretty pointless to announce the surprise gigs. At least we got some videos from them.