Private gig in Rio?!

Caroline

"The american rock band Guns N 'Roses will make an extra show in Rio de Janeiro for just 300 guests of a company. The place has not been defined but probably will be in the "Cais do Oriente" club (downtown area)".

Extra gig in Rio.

Lucky people (if it`s true)! :thumbsup:

Edited by Caroline

Hmmm, wonder if Bumblefoot's last tweet today has anything to do with this...

bumblefoot I want to do something special for the South Americans. Hmmmm.... will give you more information later tonight...

Edited by Orsys

Well, if the dough goes to Haiti, Chile, or some such cause, I don't object, but if it's just for money, it's a bit disappointing. Then again, who knows what philanthropic things Axl and the guys do with their earnings.

I thought this was something you did with prostitutes, not rock bands.

Highly paid private gigs for bands is nothing new. I think Aerosmith was hired a few years back to play for some prince or something. Korn was haired in 05 to play for the owner of a company called Broadcom

What the fuck guys! Private gig in Rio..could it be any cooler? Do you really think that they do that for the sake of the money??? Don't you think they get enough from all the other shows?? I am sure that it is an extremely unsignificant amount for them, and I'm sure that they do just cause the fans over there deserve it, and Guns know that they deserve it. Stop bichin' about stupid things like this.

What the fuck guys! Private gig in Rio..could it be any cooler? Do you really think that they do that for the sake of the money??? Don't you think they get enough from all the other shows?? I am sure that it is an extremely unsignificant amount for them, and I'm sure that they do just cause the fans over there deserve it, and Guns know that they deserve it. Stop bichin' about stupid things like this.

Of course they do it for money! You think they'd show up for free?

I dont see why some of you dont like it. If he makes money on a corporation, good for him. He can use them for making new CD for us. Or just spend however he wants.Would it be better if they just sit in hotel for few days? Dont get you, haters.

what are we solving here? are they not allowed to play a private show or play for who and where they want or asked for? it´s not up to us to decide whether they can play any show, anywhere for anyone. don´t turn this thread to the same discussion as new york city surprised gigs was...

I dont see why some of you dont like it. If he makes money on a corporation, good for him. He can use them for making new CD for us. Or just spend however he wants.Would it be better if they just sit in hotel for few days? Dont get you, haters.

There're much more opportunities to do something special for fans instead of just sitting in a hotel when a band comes to SA. :) For example, it can be something like this (wait till 01:26):

But if they want to make some money, that's quite understandable too. It's totally up to GN'R.

When it is a private gig, yes. I'm guessing that they do get paid, but I think that they would be genuinly happy to do it as long as all the expenses are paid for; transport, setting up the stage, a nice hotel room etc...

My point is, what the fuck is the point with this thread. Why don't you all go out and save the world instead.

When it is a private gig, yes. I'm guessing that they do get paid, but I think that they would be genuinly happy to do it as long as all the expenses are paid for; transport, setting up the stage, a nice hotel room etc...

My point is, what the fuck is the point with this thread. Why don't you all go out and save the world instead.

Shit, man, you shouldn't have said this! Now the whole world knows we're gonna save it! :(

There is nothing wrong with private gigs. I'm 200% sure that any of us who could afford it, would try to get GNR play at their house!!! rock3

I'll tell ya, if I ever win the lottery, I'll ask Axl and the band to come play at my house at any cost, and I would have each and every one of you fuckers on this board flewn in from whatever fucking part of the world, and we would have the party of the century!!!! Even the cupcakes would be invited for a jolly good ol time!!! rock2