Why the backing track during the CD songs?

evergreen_layne

These songs were born on a computer and it seems they can only live on a computer. Axl tried to make sure these songs would work live but every fucking CD track he uses a backing track. They were playing stadiums with the old band and never used a backing track because the music was organic and had soul.

So I go to the concert and its like what am I paying for here? To listen to Axl and the band play over their own fucking CD? Bullshit man.

Edit: Didn't mean to imply that anyone currently in the band actually wrote any of the songs they cover off CD, AFD, UYI, etc.

"Sorry" bout that.

Edited by evergreen_layne

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you are trying to get across even though in mygnrforum these days no one wants to DISCUSS anything.

Axl's grand plan 10 years ago was to recruit enough members to do all the old and new songs justice in a live setting so if he is using backing tracks why need two keyboard players and 3 guitarists on stage.

On the other hand, I am pretty sure he is only using backing vocal tracks which is fine since the people who can sing in the band (Ron) don't sing - that I am aware of.-

By the way the band still sings on most of the CD tracks. The backing tracks are just turned on once there are 2 or more Axls singing at once. For example, In Shacklers; Ron still sings the" I've Got a Funny feeling" part. And all the old songs are purely sung by the band. And it's not the same as lip-syncing BTW, Axl is still SINGING!!! Yea I know imagine that, but if you think its the same as syncing, I want you to upload a video of you singing ALL the parts of Scraped in one vocal track.

Oh and now whenever a hater is just trying to be a jerk with no common sense, i'm just going to say, "You're annoying.." I suggest everyone else does the same.

Edited by Cdlove

These songs were born on a computer and it seems they can only live on a computer. Axl tried to make sure these songs would work live but every fucking CD track he uses a backing track. They were playing stadiums with the old band and never used a backing track because the music was organic and had soul.

So I go to the concert and its like what am I paying for here? To listen to Axl and the band play over their own fucking CD? Bullshit man.

Edit: Didn't mean to imply that anyone currently in the band actually wrote any of the songs they cover off CD, AFD, UYI, etc.

"Sorry" bout that.

judging by the topic title i tought you wanted an answer, but it seems you already made up your mind in '96.

if you don't like it don't go, spend your money elsewhere, get yourself a hobby or maybe a shrink cuz you need to learn to let go.

"Sorry" bout that.

He is NOT using backing tracks on every CD song. Only ones I've heard backing tracks on at all out of every show I've listened to from this tour are Better and Scraped (Understandably so). And I can say with absolute certainty there's no backing tracks on CD (Apart from the intro obviously), Shacklers (Live vocals are far too sloppy for a backing track to go unnoticed), Street Of Dreams, TWAT, and TIL. Everything else may have some backing parts, it's hard to tell. I'm pretty sure Sorry has backing vocals in the chorus, that's it.

"Sorry" bout that.

im assuming you havent seen gnr in 2009-2010.

i understand where you are coming from as a non-concert attendee. i was skeptical of how these songs would be done live but take it from us who have been there, the band does not rely on backing tracks, axl is front and center and he kills it.

He is NOT using backing tracks on every CD song. Only ones I've heard backing tracks on at all out of every show I've listened to from this tour are Better and Scraped (Understandably so). And I can say with absolute certainty there's no backing tracks on CD (Apart from the intro obviously), Shacklers (Live vocals are far too sloppy for a backing track to go unnoticed), Street Of Dreams, TWAT, and TIL. Everything else may have some backing parts, it's hard to tell. I'm pretty sure Sorry has backing vocals in the chorus, that's it.

Shackler's has two. The deep voice in the verses is a backing track, and the chorus has one in the background (He sings over it however). On CD, Axl sings the low part live while the backing vocal track (the one they added on the final album cut) is played in the background. Really though, I don't see the issue. Without these tracks the songs would really bare and shitty live. It's not like he's lipsyncing. The songs on the CD all have multiple vocal tracks going at once, and it would be impossible for Axl to sing them all at once. Bumblefoot doesn't fit the bill.

Edited by bacardimayne

Axl probably just uses the backing tracks because he's can't always remember the lyrics to songs that took over a decade to release.

HEEERRREEE TROLLEY TROLLEY TROLLEY

Beat me to it! At least if you're gonna cupcake, come up with better insults.

Axl probably just uses the backing tracks because he's can't always remember the lyrics to songs that took over a decade to release.

Tip for twits: If you're trying to make a derogatory term sound funny...DON'T make it spell another word with a totally different meaning.

Edited by BMo13

Realistically it was the only way to reproduce many of the songs. People always wondered how Axl could pull off a song with five or six different vocal lines, and the solution seemed to be to isolate those supporting backup vocals and dovetail them with his main concert voice.

axl sounds amazing. i could see the point if axl sang like shit and they used backing vocals to hide it but that is not the case. axl is front and center and he sounds awesome, the backing vocals are layered under him to reproduce the songs. there is nothing wrong with it.

women be trollin

Tip for twits: If you're trying to make a derogatory term sound funny...DON'T make it spell another word with a totally different meaning.

do everybody a favor and go do some drunk driving on a mountain road.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Lol no. gtfo outta here :shades:

On topic: Axl is only using backing tracks for songs that have his different pitch of voice layered, such as Chinese Democracy and Scraped.

When one of you learn to sing in three different styles at once, you let Axl know, that way we won't need threads like these, okay? :thumbsup:

You are an idiot. 7 songs on CD have multiple layers of vocals throughout the song. The song wouldnt sound the same with just Axl singing.

Cd, shacklers, Citr, Scraped, Sorry, maddy, and prostitute.

thats it. thats the facts.

i'm deeply sorry u couldnt find any other problems with the current lineup, tool.

oh and u make it sound like the whole band is using backing tracks!! :rofl-lol:

c'mon learn from the true new GNR bashers that lies like that can easily be thrown in the trash.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

insults?

Seems like a possibility to me, considering it's well known and obvious that Axl has all the monitors reading the lyrics all over the stage. Don't be a cretin.

insults?

Seems like a possibility to me, considering it's well known and obvious that Axl has all the monitors reading the lyrics all over the stage. Don't be a cretin.

What band doesn't have teleprompters on stage? Gimme a break, man. :rolleyes: Hardly ever do I see Axl stare at the monitor, or even look at it much. I'm sure he glances at it, as any normal performer would do, and does.

"Sorry" bout that.

Don't go if you don't like it.