Why the backing track during the CD songs?

evergreen_layne

These songs were born on a computer and it seems they can only live on a computer. Axl tried to make sure these songs would work live but every fucking CD track he uses a backing track. They were playing stadiums with the old band and never used a backing track because the music was organic and had soul.

So I go to the concert and its like what am I paying for here? To listen to Axl and the band play over their own fucking CD? Bullshit man.

Edit: Didn't mean to imply that anyone currently in the band actually wrote any of the songs they cover off CD, AFD, UYI, etc.

"Sorry" bout that.

If thats you in your avatar, first off you look like a goon. Secondly, youre an idiot. Its the Chinese Democracy Tour... of course they will play a CD heavy set. I cant wait to see/hear it myself. Youre just a fuckin moron.

this is actually what i believe, i want more illusions songs but its the chinese democracy tour not the use your illusion tour haha

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These songs were born on a computer and it seems they can only live on a computer. Axl tried to make sure these songs would work live but every fucking CD track he uses a backing track. They were playing stadiums with the old band and never used a backing track because the music was organic and had soul.

So I go to the concert and its like what am I paying for here? To listen to Axl and the band play over their own fucking CD? Bullshit man.

Edit: Didn't mean to imply that anyone currently in the band actually wrote any of the songs they cover off CD, AFD, UYI, etc.

"Sorry" bout that.

I agree with you. It's silly and embarassing to hear those prerecorded tracks at a 'GNR' show. It does the exact opposite of making a song sound fuller, it makes it sound pre-engineered and sloppy.

It's a real shame that true blue fans of the new GNR lineup like JesusIsSavior, Roky, Coltrane and Evergreen Layne are so appalled that they won't support the new band anymore. This must have been the straw that broke the camel's back :lol:

LOL!!!!!!!!! your sig is the best, i thought it was fake. he cant be serious with those numbers....

"Sorry" bout that.

I agree with you. It's silly and embarassing to hear those prerecorded tracks at a 'GNR' show. It does the exact opposite of making a song sound fuller, it makes it sound pre-engineered and sloppy.

Yeah, then go fuck a cow you idiot.

I remember when you said that GNR played for undeserving people cuz a guy was wearing a Sikh turban. Your opinion is shit.

Edited by RocketKing99

"Sorry" bout that.

lolk.

i know thats the type of response people hate, black sabbath style, but seriously, what do you expect. wtf. the OP was bullshit, well i guess your post just further illustrates that. if georgeglass agrees with you its confirmed ridiculous. although i dont think the jury was still out or anything...

how many gnr shows have you seen in 09-10?

cupcakes of mygnr unite!!

11gq875.jpg

GeorgeGlass can be the pink one.

That right there gave me a chuckle because it's hilarious in aspect and also because it's probably totally true but I don't know that for sure. Anyway, it was funny. Thanks.

You're annoying..

He's speaking for the honesty we as fans deserve when we lay down our cash. Unlike you and all others who'll put up with second best.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM no he's not. The backing tracks are simply there to recreate the sound as closely to the cd. They are not overpowering Axl's singing, nor are the their to make one believe that he is actually singing the recordings. Thus this dude is being a dick slap. And if your serious about your comment then whatever, but i get the feeling your being negative as well considering how lame the OP's argument is as well as yours, so you to my friend are trolling. (if not i apologize)

I acturally believe in bands being geniune on stage- in all aspects. This isn't a Lady Gaga concert where you have a person who has credit singing live but indeed has a back up track. This is.. or was.. a band that was always strait up in honesty. Flaws and all.

my 1000th post facepalm.gif

Comparing Axl to Lady Gaga is just fucking ridiculous.

The differences between the two shows they put on are decreasing is what i'm getting at. Same goes for any other back tracking pop act.

rock n roll's always defied that route, thus cementing integrity for decades and prevailing amongst all other genres

You're annoying..

He's speaking for the honesty we as fans deserve when we lay down our cash. Unlike you and all others who'll put up with second best.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM no he's not. The backing tracks are simply there to recreate the sound as closely to the cd. They are not overpowering Axl's singing, nor are the their to make one believe that he is actually singing the recordings. Thus this dude is being a dick slap. And if your serious about your comment then whatever, but i get the feeling your being negative as well considering how lame the OP's argument is as well as yours, so you to my friend are trolling. (if not i apologize)

I acturally believe in bands being geniune on stage- in all aspects. This isn't a Lady Gaga concert where you have a person who has credit singing live but indeed has a back up track. This is.. or was.. a band that was always strait up in honesty. Flaws and all.

The differences between the two shows they put on are decreasing is what i'm getting at. Same goes for any other back tracking pop act.

rock n roll's always defied that route, thus cementing integrity for decades and prevailing amongst all other genres

Then following your logic Queen were traitors of rock n' roll.

Seeing as new styles require you to perform in different ways to suit them best...

Isn't this just the 'original line up is better' topic in not so much disguise?

Yuppers! Same Shit, Different Day- Trollz n' haterz will always find shit ta bitch about !!!

Seeing as new styles require you to perform in different ways to suit them best...

Isn't this just the 'original line up is better' topic in not so much disguise?

Yuppers! Same Shit, Different Day- Trollz n' haterz will always find shit ta bitch about !!!

To start with.. I'm sorry.. But these FUCKUNG threads or stupid fucking posts really piss me off. First.. There are AMAZING singers in guns. Not just Axl. Fisrt: Bumble can sound even better AND similar to what Bach did in his glory days. Second: In the sound mix they use DE- Fucking-lay. Like this: My link listen to the stick in better.. when he sings "anger".. he goes down like he never did before. And guess what!? The "backing track" follows him. Fucking SMART backing track isn't it??? I HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO READ a fucking post like this because of something so obvious. If u reffering to songs like sraped.. ok. But to assume every fucking song have backing vocals.. Thats way to primitive to me. Even more primitive than my drunk reptile brain right now.

Sorry: No backings. DELAY. There are some differences every time Axl sings.. like "got all the answers"... Every time there's a unique sound in his voice. like "got all the answers" and u will hear EXACTLY the same thing again. If he would sing : I LIKE TO SUCK BIG COCKS... Then we would hear that backing track "like to suck big cocks.." etc..

He is NOT using backing tracks on every CD song. Only ones I've heard backing tracks on at all out of every show I've listened to from this tour are Better and Scraped (Understandably so). And I can say with absolute certainty there's no backing tracks on CD (Apart from the intro obviously), Shacklers (Live vocals are far too sloppy for a backing track to go unnoticed), Street Of Dreams, TWAT, and TIL. Everything else may have some backing parts, it's hard to tell. I'm pretty sure Sorry has backing vocals in the chorus, that's it.

Shackler's has two. The deep voice in the verses is a backing track, and the chorus has one in the background (He sings over it however). On CD, Axl sings the low part live while the backing vocal track (the one they added on the final album cut) is played in the background. Really though, I don't see the issue. Without these tracks the songs would really bare and shitty live. It's not like he's lipsyncing. The songs on the CD all have multiple vocal tracks going at once, and it would be impossible for Axl to sing them all at once. Bumblefoot doesn't fit the bill.

The deep voice in the verses are AXL LIVE. The chorus is someone from the band.. Cause it's way more off tune than what it is on the record. Still sound decent/good. Bomblefoot fot the bill veru well. The guy can reach as hich as Axl mostly. They guy can hit the notes. When it comes to the lower parts dizzy sing some I've noticed. And Stinson sings on at leat 15/20 songs.

Edited by shootingstar

You're annoying..

Then following your logic Queen were traitors of rock n' roll.

First time I've ever 100% agreed with you. Props!

Other than "Chinese Democracy," what other CD tracks have backup vocals from the studio tracks being played live?

I really don't think this is that big of a deal. If you go to a rap concert, nearly every rapper uses the chorus from the studio track for every single song and there are still people like Jay-Z and Eminem who put on very good shows. Using vocals from a studio track doesn't make me feel like the live concert experience is cheapened or anything.

What an idiotic topic. My lord.

I think Paul Stanley hit the nail on the head. The simple reason why backing tracks have to be used on songs like "Scraped" (the intro) is because it is a physical impossibility for Axl to do both lead and harmony parts at the same time.

This is NOT lip-synching. That would be substituting pre-recorded lead vocals for live vocals.

Ali

What an idiotic topic. My lord.

I think Paul Stanley hit the nail on the head. The simple reason why backing tracks have to be used on songs like "Scraped" (the intro) is because it is a physical impossibility for Axl to do both lead and harmony parts at the same time.

This is NOT lip-synching. That would be substituting pre-recorded lead vocals for live vocals.

Ali

Amen!! May this topic Rust in Peace!!

The original band didn't use back track vocal and loops? If that were true, Sweet Child O' Mine would have never been played live.

Oh, do tell. When and where?

I've heard a hundred live versions of Sweet Child and not one of them had anything that sounded like a pre-recrded vocal.