MEGADETH Play Free Make-Up Show In Baltimore - Mar. 17, 2010

Subtle Signs

MEGADETH To Play Free Make-Up Show In Baltimore Tonight - Mar. 17, 2010

MEGADETH will play a free show tonight (Wednesday, March 17) at the Rams Head Live in Baltimore, Maryland as a makeup gig for all the folks who had tickets to last night's ill-fated concert.

Commented MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine: "Last night was a difficult night for me, MEGS, and for our sold-out audience of MEGADETH fans in the great city of Baltimore.

"You see, we were plagued with equipment failures, the ensuing delays getting on-stage (Axl Rose, I am NOT), and the lack of intelligence of the fan who was convinced that throwing his beverage on the console, thus ending our second attempt at taking the stage last night, was an intelligent thing to do.

"In other words, it was the end of the evening for me and for Baltimore.

"Alas, Megaman to the rescue!

"Late last night I was informed of the availability of the venue the following evening, meaning tonight, and I agreed to stay another night here in Baltimore and to try to play this venue one more time.

"If you have a ticket from last night, please check here to see how to proceed tonight.

"Thank you for your understanding, and I want to also thank the building, its staff, the security, the promoter and his staff, and most importantly . . . YOU. I will see you tonight!"

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Its hilarious how some of the same users try to discredit Axl Rose by posting threads that make it look like Megadeth are doing something great....

It is NOT a free show, it was because of serious fuck up at the show last night... by way of comparison is the Rio show postponed to April for GNR free? Of course not people bought the tickets....

Its hilarious how some of the same users try to discredit Axl Rose by posting threads that make it look like Megadeth are doing something great....

Yes, it is. At the same time Megadeth are doing something great, actually.

But what's more important is that Dave mentioned Axl in regard to "the ensuing delays getting on-stage". (To say it in his own words, it was not an intelligent thing to do.) This not-so-free show has nothing to do with the mention of Axl.

It is NOT a free show, it was because of serious fuck up at the show last night... by way of comparison is the Rio show postponed to April for GNR free? Of course not people bought the tickets....

GnR(old and new) have left shows early on(for whatever reason) and have NEVER done a make up show, which is what Megadeth are doing. It is not the same thing as Rio being postponed. It isn't a free show perse but Guns have never really done a make up show for when they had "technical difficulties" or when Axl has walked off. I have seen both Megadeth and Guns live and they both put on a hell of a show but Dave really loves his fans. Im not saying Axl doesn't, but Dave goes the extra mile. Mustaine has only ever walked off stage once if my memory serves me correctly, in over 25 years of playing, quite a feat.