Slash solo album

bt88

Im in the process of DLing the whole album but the two songs that got released (aside from the Paradise City cover) sound great. The one features the singer from Wolfmother and the newest one features the singer from Avenged Sevenfold. The first one sounds like Zeppelin kinda and the second sounds a lot like A7X but Slash's solo absolutely kills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVWpJrGVcIo

I am now officially pumped for this album.

The whole album hasn't leaked yet. There are a few songs we haven't heard, but every other song has streamed officially so far and have been discussed in the "Former Gunners" section.

I like every song except for Sahara (I might like the English version more) and the Paradise City cover is alright.

I can sit through I Hold On (feat. Kid Rock), but I skip over it a lot.

I don't really like Kid Rock, but I love this song. I think it has a great chorus and Slash's solo is great :thumbsup:

The chorus kind of makes me laugh, though.

"I hold on because I won't let go! ... I hold on because I can't let go!"

Like, c'mon! :lol:

But I do love the music aspect of the song, and Kid Rock's singing isn't anything to get excited about, but it's good.

I also don't like it at the end when he keeps saying "I hold on!". Meh. :shrugs:

I still like the song though.

I don't really like Kid Rock, but I love this song. I think it has a great chorus and Slash's solo is great :thumbsup:

But I do love the music aspect of the song, and Kid Rock's singing isn't anything to get excited about, but it's good.

I also don't like it at the end when he keeps saying "I hold on!". Meh. :shrugs:

hater <_<

:P

Yeah, lyrically it's kinda poor :lol: But it's got a nice hook

you can feel the old gnr vibe with izzy's and slash's guitars, there's no way of copying that, axl said it himself

Besides Ghost, which is awesome, wonder if any of the other music on this record was taken from the writing sessions with Izzy pre-Contraband. Slash has got to use that stuff somehow if it's as good as he was intimating.

Kushner did an excellent job with VR so hate sayin' it, but if Slash, Duff and Matt start up a new band with new singer, would be huge if they could coax Izzy into it somehow...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

promise with chris cornless is freakin' amazing and ghost is also pretty spectacular, you can feel the old gnr vibe with izzy's and slash's guitars, there's no way of copying that, axl said it himself

Promise is great. I forgot Izzy played on Ghost, I'm going to have to listen to it again and see if I can hear that familiar blend.

Edited by Rock_And_Roll_Over

for me, it really feels like libertad so far. 3 good songs, a few good ideas, but a lot of huh?

ghost, promise and by the sword are all great.

everything else is hit / miss. i find most songs have good verse / solos but the chrous is where i get lost. thats the case on: ill hold on, starlight, crucify the dead, beautiful, dangerous,

i think it would have been better with less MK and more CC

for me, it really feels like libertad so far. 3 good songs, a few good ideas, but a lot of huh?

everything else is hit / miss. i find most songs have good verse / solos but the chrous is where i get lost. thats the case on: ill hold on, starlight, crucify the dead, beautiful, dangerous,

If you cupcake this album any more, I will 1 star you.

this isnt trolling. im giving my opinions, good and bad, which is all you can ask of anybody. ive done it for CD, ill do it for this, deal with it.

this is trolling:

lol$lash.

Edited by Jackie Moon

this isnt trolling. im giving my opinions, good and bad, which is all you can ask of anybody. ive done it for CD, ill do it for this, deal with it.

this is trolling:

lol$lash.

You just cupcake'd. 1 star'd.