Setlists......Again

redrum

Personally, I hope they never play IRS or Prostitute again. If you're not going to do the scream (climax of the song) right, why even play IRS? As for Prostitute, that song just sucks.

IRS is the most known song from CD other than Better, I would hope it's played live.

But he can't do it right, which is weird, because he usually hits the note (F#5) in KOHD and TWAT. I'd rather not hear it than hear a bastardized version of it.

Yea but each of those have at least 15 second rest before he has to hit it. IRS is almost nonstop singing before that, not to mention it's one of the songs Axl runs like a madman on. He also hits the note, just doesnt hold it.

Edited by Cdlove

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I hope they never play IRS or Prostitute again. If you're not going to do the scream (climax of the song) right, why even play IRS? As for Prostitute, that song just sucks.

IRS is the most known song from CD other than Better, I would hope it's played live.

But he can't do it right, which is weird, because he usually hits the note (F#5) in KOHD and TWAT. I'd rather not hear it than hear a bastardized version of it.

Yea but each of those have at least 15 second rest before he has to hit it. IRS is almost nonstop singing before that, not to mention it's one of the songs Axl runs like a madman on. He also hits the note, just doesnt hold it.

I see your point with the 15 second rest, but he doesn't hit the F# in IRS, even for a second. He watered it down to a C#.

I see your point with the 15 second rest, but he doesn't hit the F# in IRS, even for a second. He watered it down to a C#.

Oh come on, C# is Jungle, he hits higher than that.

The "truuuuuuuuuuuue" scream in IRS on the album is an F#5. Live it's a C#5. These are facts.

Edited by bacardimayne

The "truuuuuuuuuuuue" scream in IRS on the album is an F#5. Live it's a C#5. These are facts.

when Performing it live , running your ass off to drop it from an F#5 to a C#S is no major sin in my book, and how many people actually know the notes that are sung except other musicians? no harm done. :no:

I just think it is ridculous to complain about setlists when

a) they are still playing like 6 new tunes. most bands play like two or three off the new album

B) the shows are still well over two hours (which is the industry standard)

c) GNR has always had solo's throughout the show (drum solos, extended slash solos) so that isn't going to change... axl needs a break once in a while

d) 3hour shows are a treat and not the norm... if you don't expect it you won't be disappointed.

Yes, it's ridiculous to complain about gigs you aren't even attending,completely ludicrous. GNR has always had jams on songs or long intros/outros ex: intros-"only women bleed" "Bad Time to fall in love" and songs like Rocket Queen have always been extended-

The Sorum Drum Solo and slash's Godslobber solo always bored the fuck outta me.

Some cretin out in the boonies always has to start bashing the setlists every time,and complaining about the start times-and it''s always ppl that ain't even going to the gigs!!

Some ppl just bitch ta bitch, because they have no fucking life. I was at some of the Canadian shows and I have No complaints-I've been around long enough to know that GNR starts late and plays what they damn well please, and it's not likely to change, So kindly shut it up whiners.

This is the worst complaint anyone can make. Oh don't complain about a set list of a show you are not attending. WHY NOT? If you are a fan you can talk about what ever you want, and guess what? Based on what set lists the band is playing could make us decide if we want tot buy a ticket to a show when they come around our city. If they are playing the same set list as they were in 2002-2006 that could make people not want to buy a ticket.

Its called the Chinese Democracy tour, they should be playing a CD heavy set list. They have been playing the same basic set list since 2001, why not change it up?

They should be playing 8-10 CD songs a night. ANd yes you were at the CA shows and had no complaints because back then they were playing a ton of CD songs.

You know would have been disappointed if they played a set list from 2006.

This is a fan forum, people should be able to talk about what they want, stop with the personal attacks because the thread had a good discussion going on.

Go Read Matt13's response to this-Try to MEMORIZE IT! :xmassrudolph:

No I would not have been disappointed at the Gigs I've been to- wrong!

And who are you to tell GNR what they "should" be playing?

I''m guessing you are one of the clueless that likes to discuss setlists while you sit in your cowtown basement typing on your win 98 equipped computer,

and feeling important trying to tell GNR what they "should" play, Get over yourself, and if you want to cover the same ground endlessly go ride your bike in a circle eediot!!

How am I clueless exactly? Please explain that, and stop rehashing Axls words that don't even make sense.

Now if you are going to bash me, PLEASE at least be witty about it. I am a Mac guy for one, so you cannot even get that right.

Now you ask who am I to tell Gnr what they should be playing, well since I have seen about 10 new gnr shows since Axl started his new version of the band, I am pretty sure I am able to criticize his set list choice.

Like I said its called the CD tour, and it's baffling they are playing pretty much the same set list they have been since 2002 and 2006 when at the start of the tour they were playing a CD heavy set list. Why not just call it the Gnr greatest hits tour instead?

You are the only one here trying to act all important, trying to "defend" Axl hoping he will see your post. That must really excite you. You should be more respectful of other peoples opinions.

Hell the album is called Chinese Democracy, you do know what a democracy is right?

Two big parts of a democracy is equality and freedom, so you dont think people on this board shouldn't have the freedom to have their own opinion on this band? You think you are better than others people you back Axls warped sense of reality, that no one should complain about anything he does or plays.

If anyone should get over himself its you. You need to learn to respect others opinions even if they differ from yours. This was a good discussion until people like you started to spew your nonsense.

The people that don't like the set list should have every right to speak their mind about it. What you dont think everyone has a right to voice their opinion?

If you want to place that deletes anything that is not 100% pro axl, there is a place for that, its here today gone to hell.

You may like that place better than places that actually like you speak your opinion as long as you are respectful about it.

Edited by gnr-dave

Old Gnr-Dave is back :thumbsup: ! How has it been since he said he would support this band....3 months? It's okay Dave, I'll still love ya.

How I am not supporting the band? I am not supporting the band by disagreeing that we should not be able to complain about the set list?

Wow, some people on here really need to look up the word support. You do know fans can be disappointed with a set list right? Espeically when the set lists were so great at the beginning of the tour.

So by pointing out they are going back to the same old set list of 2006 means i'm dissing the band? REALLY?

Like I have said 10000000000000000000 times before, I call it like I see it.

The set lists were amazing when the tour started, but now that they are playing less and less CD songs, its disappointing.

Tell me again how that is being a hater? Or am I being a hater because I am calling out someone for taking personal shots at people who dont like the set lists?

Here is an idea, stay on topic about the set list, instead of trying to drag this thread off topic with personal BS.

Now lets get back on topic.

You dont find it disappointing that the shows seem to be getting shorter and the set lists more like 2006?

If you went to a show, you would not want to hear 8-10 CD songs? You would be ok with then playing only 2 or 3 cd songs?

I know for me, if i pay $50 plus to see this band, I want to see a CD heavy set list and nothing something I have seen when I saw this band play in 2002, 2006 and 2007 before CD was released.

Axl had the excuse before he didnt want to play too many CD songs before the album was not out, what is his reasoning now for not playing 8-10 cd songs a night like he was at the start of the tour??

Edited by gnr-dave

Dear GNR Dave,

Here ya go again, Matt13's answer covers my opinion, why don't you print it out and tape it around your little hovel, I speak my mind and I'm too old ta be naieve enough to have daydreams about "ooh who might read this" :laugh: I refuse to argue with children or cretins, so choose your poison and

stop annoying me with your childish drama

Sometimes I think the Axl fanatics would be happier if we just shut this board down entirely.

According to them - nearly every topic of discussion is off-limits.

-Don't talk about a reunion

-Don't talk about Slash

-Don't talk about Axl's personal life

-Don't talk about Axl's lawsuits

-Don't talk about Axl's hair, weight, clothes, eyes, etc.

-Don't talk about the setlists

-Don't talk about the jams/oxygen breaks

-Don't talk about the late start times

-Don't talk about wanting a new album

What is left to discuss?

-Don't talk about a reunion

It's been beat to death. I think Axl's addressed that pretty well too. There is a section for that though, isn't it? Dreamers can dream there.

-Don't talk about Slash

He's not in the band. Hasn't been for a while. Sure, he was a big part of the early days, but he has his own section too, doesn't he?

-Don't talk about Axl's personal life

It's personal!

-Don't talk about Axl's lawsuits

What lawsuits? I don't think anyone would throw a flag to talk about that. And when there is a lawsuit, it's discussed. Isn't Azoff's the only one in a while?

-Don't talk about Axl's hair, weight, clothes, eyes, etc.

If you like to complain about Axl's looks, and you're a dude, you're gay. End of story.

-Don't talk about the setlists

We should be thankful there are setlists to even talk about! There was a time when I thought GNR was dead and buried.

-Don't talk about the jams/oxygen breaks

Bands have solo's. Bands jam. Who cares about oxygen breaks? A lot of other artists do it. Athletes do it. Look at the sidelines of an NFL game. Oxygen tanks everywhere. Pitchers in baseball use them a lot too between innings. I know, I play baseball.

-Don't talk about the late start times

See the comments about setlists. If you're pissed because you missed mommy tucking you in at your bedtime, you shouldn't go to the concert.

-Don't talk about wanting a new album

We have a great album that hasn't even been out yet for two years. If another two years goes by and there's silence from the band for no apparent reason like we're so accustomed to, then you have an argument. For all we know another album will come out this November. We didn't get news of CD's release until a few weeks prior to the launch date. If it's next November, I'm fine with that too. I'm just happy they're touring and I'll get the opportunity to see them again live later this year when they most certainly will tour the states.

The idiots that complain about the people who speak up and raise their opinions and constantly say "this is a discussion board, what are we to discuss?"... well, there's people like me who think all of these threads about Axl's looks, setlists, Slash, etc., ARE OLD NEWS.

There's sections on this forum for re-hashing the same old shit over and over and over and over and over and over again. If any of you are those people that like to have a pity party, go to those threads and bitch there all you won't and you won't have people like me say, WTF, moron, GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!!!

Seriously, some of you need a life. Get outside and smell the pollen. It's springtime.

I was just joking Dave! I don't need a wall of text to see where you're coming from!

Cool cool.

I can make it short and sweet too.

If you are going to shows in 2002, 2006, 2007, and 2010 and the set lists are all pretty much the same, I am pretty sure said person should have a right to complain about the set list, dont you think?

Also, you dont think the band would get tired of playing the same set list over and over again?

And to me it seems the band always seems to have the most energy and seem to be more into the shows where they are playing a lot of CD songs.

I was just joking Dave! I don't need a wall of text to see where you're coming from!

Cool cool.

If you are going to shows in 2002, 2006, 2007, and 2010 and the set lists are all pretty much the same, I am pretty sure said person should have a right to complain about the set list, dont you think?

Also, you dont think the band would get tired of playing the same set list over and over again?

And to me it seems the band always seems to have the most energy and seem to be more into the shows where they are playing a lot of CD songs.

I agree with you 100% but I'm not in a position to complain for myself since I only saw GnR twice, 92, and 06 so I would be happy with whatever they play has long as they come here.

Cool cool.

Whatever dude. Complaining about the setlist is retarded and it clearly shows that you don´t appreciate what you have when there are lots of people who would love to attend one of those shows "with the same setlist" and aren´t so fortunate.

I didn´t know it was a crime to play the same songs in the shows. I guess the rest of the bands and singers who do the same than GNR should have their place in this forum to be bashed as well for playing the same songs every night? :lol::laugh:

Cool cool.

I have to agree there about the basic setlist formula being the same, but the band does play enough CD this time around imo.

CD

Shackler's

Better

SOD

ITW

Sorry

Madagascar

TIL

Those are all played in the majority of shows. That's more than half the album. Lately they haven't been playing Shackler's and TIL as much, but if you watch the videos of Shackler's and KOHD from the SA tour, it's clear that Axl is having trouble hitting the chorus (SR) and final DOOOOR (KOHD) notes like he did on the Asia/Canada tours. He might still have the sore throat that he was talking about earlier in the tour. I fully expect Shack and TIL to be fixtures again shortly.

Edited by bacardimayne

Cool cool.

I have to agree there about the basic setlist formula being the same, but the band does play enough CD this time around imo.

CD

Shackler's

Better

SOD

ITW

Sorry

Madagascar

TIL

Those are all played in the majority of shows. That's more than half the album. Lately they haven't been playing Shackler's and TIL as much, but if you watch the videos of Shackler's and KOHD from the SA tour, it's clear that Axl is having trouble hitting the chorus (SR) and final DOOOOR (KOHD) notes like he did on the Asia/Canada tours. He might still have the sore throat that he was talking about earlier in the tour. I fully expect Shack and TIL to be fixtures again shortly.

The basic formula is not the problem, its the number of new songs they are playing that is the problem. If they were playing 8 cd songs a show that would be fine and you would get no complaints from me, even if they were the same 8 songs every show , but some of the shows the number of new songs was dropping to 3 or 4 , which is how many they were playing before the album came out.

8-10 CD songs a show is perfect, but when they start to play 3 or 4 that is when fans have a right to complain.

Edited by gnr-dave

Cool cool.

CD

Shackler's

Better

SOD

ITW

Sorry

Madagascar

TIL

The basic formula is not the problem, its the number of new songs they are playing that is the problem. If they were playing 8 cd songs a show that would be fine and you would get no complaints from me, even if they were the same 8 songs every show , but some of the shows the number of new songs was dropping to 3 or 4 , which is how many they were playing before the album came out.

8-10 CD songs a show is perfect, but when they start to play 3 or 4 that is when fans have a right to complain.

Dude..get over it, it´s getting old .GNR play what they want to play not what YOU want them to play. It´s not your band for fucks sake :rolleyes:

Cool cool.

CD

Shackler's

Better

SOD

ITW

Sorry

Madagascar

TIL

Dude..get over it, it´s getting old .GNR play what they want to play not what YOU want them to play. It´s not your band for fucks sake :rolleyes:

If you do not want to discuss the set list, then please don't post in the set list thread, you are not adding anything to the topic.

Thanks

Cool cool.

CD

Shackler's

Better

SOD

ITW

Sorry

Madagascar

TIL

If you do not want to discuss the set list, then please don't post in the set list thread, you are not adding anything to the topic.

Thanks

What I don´t want to read is your usual crap.You do nothing except complaining over and over and over again and the problem is that you do it everywhere and it is everywhere where I bump into it. You are a pain in the ass and your posts are so fucking tiring :rolleyes::sleeper:

Cool cool.

CD

Shackler's

Better

SOD

ITW

Sorry

Madagascar

TIL

Thanks

What I don´t want to read is your usual crap.You do nothing except complaining over and over and over again and the problem is that you do it everywhere and it is everywhere where I bump into it. You are a pain in the ass and your posts are so fucking tiring :rolleyes::sleeper:

Since you are adding nothing to the thread I am just going to ignore you. Good day.

Cool cool.

CD

Shackler's

Better

SOD

ITW

Sorry

Madagascar

TIL

Thanks

Since you are adding nothing to the thread I am just going to ignore you. Good day.

You expect 8-10 CD songs a day? Well fuck your shit.

I'm just really puzzled as to why brilliant songs from CD and ARE crowd pleasers like TWAT, prostitute, catcher aren't there. I understand Axl isn't obliged to play any song but they're great songs.I mean it would be like the band touring in 88 and not playing jungle or SCOM.

I'm just really puzzled as to why brilliant songs from CD and ARE crowd pleasers like TWAT, prostitute, catcher aren't there. I understand Axl isn't obliged to play any song but they're great songs.I mean it would be like the band touring in 88 and not playing jungle or SCOM.

Prostitute and Catcher are crowd pleasers? Prostitute and Catcher are the Jungle and SCOM of CD? heh heh heh

Cool cool.

CD

Shackler's

Better

SOD

ITW

Sorry

Madagascar

TIL

Thanks

You expect 8-10 CD songs a day? Well fuck your shit.

Gnr play about 20-22 songs a show on average, you dont think 8-10 of the should not be from chinese democracy since its called the chinese democracy tour?

Prostitute and Catcher are crowd pleasers? Prostitute and Catcher are the Jungle and SCOM of CD? heh heh heh

Any moderate GNR fan who has listened to chinese democracy will tell u catcher and prostitute are 2 of the best on it so yea they are crowd pleasers.

Any moderate GNR fan who has listened to chinese democracy will tell u catcher and prostitute are 2 of the best on it so yea they are crowd pleasers.

But crowd pleaders? Better and TWAT probably take that spot.