Steven Tyler interested in making a Rap album

GNR123GNR456

I know I'm the same idiot who posted about the Hope for Glory album a few months ago, but this seems to be real. And I am shocked! If it's not real, I'm a bigger idiot.

On March 26, 2010, it was reported that Steven Tyler, intrigued by the 2009 Chris Cornell record Scream, would be teaming up with Timbaland to record a rap album. Guest appearances by Reverend Run and Darryl Mac of Run-D.M.C., Kid Rock, and T-Pain are rumored to be featured on the new project.

WTF!

I can't see Steven Tyler doing a rap album, much less be intrigued by Chris Cornell's Scream album. I mean, come on, Scream was a total bomb and now Steven Tyler want's to do it. Rock guys going to Timbaland hasn't been necessarily been good for their fans and hasn't help Cornell out anyway since his album was a major flop in the music world.

Obviously Steven Tyler will get bigger promotion and more people will buy it because he's in Aerosmith, but really, I can't see this album being any better that the Scream album.

Guest Len B'stard

Tyler has it, he has the negritude, he could pull it off. In fact its almost logical when you look at his matierial, its blues roots and his kinda...wholesale Stonesque appropriation of black American culture and its sort of attendant linguistic phrases and phrasing and patois.

Its not really that much of a stretch either, its part of his thing i've always found, his thing is very rhymey as it is, i think it'd be great, have some guts, get out of your comfort zone, do something different.

cool hes teaming with Run DMC again. Walk This Way was awesome in its day and put Aerosmith back on the map.

lot of shit going on between him and Joe lalely, maybe hes looking to do something creative cause lord knows Aerosmith hasnt in a long time.