What I Love...

Jakey Styley

You know what I just love about Guns N' Roses? How you can't predict a single thing.

Try this. Try imagining what an unreleased track sounds like. Don't count Checkmate or Silkworms. It's impossible. I have no idea where to even begin. I wish I was a fan earlier so that I could have seen everyone's reaction (including my own) as a song like, say, If The World leaked. That must have been such a kick in the balls to all the "RnR GnR fans", hearing this Latin Rock-ish chill back tune from the band you used to consider "The most dangerous band in the world". Nobody ever predicted a song to sound like that and we still can't even get close to pinpointing what a new song would sound like.

Now lets cut to a band like Metallica. Let's try to guess what a new song will sound like.

Done.

It's just something that separates the current Guns from any other band and I love it.

There's definitely a lot of potential in this line up. Especially if they can free themselves of the shadow of old Guns. I know half the people want to go back to the old days but it's just as positive to look forward.

You know what I just love about Guns N' Roses? How you can't predict a single thing.

Try this. Try imagining what an unreleased track sounds like. Don't count Checkmate or Silkworms. It's impossible. I have no idea where to even begin. I wish I was a fan earlier so that I could have seen everyone's reaction (including my own) as a song like, say, If The World leaked. That must have been such a kick in the balls to all the "RnR GnR fans", hearing this Latin Rock-ish chill back tune from the band you used to consider "The most dangerous band in the world". Nobody ever predicted a song to sound like that and we still can't even get close to pinpointing what a new song would sound like.

Now lets cut to a band like Metallica. Let's try to guess what a new song will sound like.

Done.

It's just something that separates the current Guns from any other band and I love it.

That's a pretty poor example. Double Talkin' Jive had a Spanish influenced outro. The only new song that kicked me in the balls was This I Love because I thought that a song from the Cats soundtrack had accidently been added to CD.

Try this. Try imagining what an unreleased track sounds like. ... I have no idea where to even begin.

I imagine that many of the unreleased tracks sound like a Buckethead song combined with an Elton John song.

That is the sound of New Guns to me.

Yes, same here ... that combo represents quite well the essency of new GNR