CYPRESS HILL's B-REAL On 'Chinese Democracy'

matthewlang

Couldn't be more right. No matter how good Fake GNR is, it's still not Guns N' Roses.

"'Till he [Axl Rose] puts the rest of the guys back there, that shit is not GUNS N' ROSES. Just 'cause he owns the name means nothing."

+1

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Adler, Axl = The real deal :thumbsup:

That band hasn't existed for 20 years, move on! I bet you're the type of guy who never lets go of old girlfriends, right? Like a stalker.

More people would probably move on if Axl did, but since hes still using the same old name and still playing more than 80% of the same old songs on tours, then what do you expect. He's the one living in the past, cant get mad at some fans for doing the same.

Why the fuck shouldn't he play the old songs? He's earned that right, the fans want to hear them... People would moan if he didn't play them!

Funny how no one complains when Slash goes out and plays Civil War or when Adler tours the world with 'Appetite for Destruction'.

of course Axl should play the old songs.......they are the best part of the show.

dont you see that playing those songs and using the name is gonna remind people of the old band members, so why say move on. I hear the intro to SCOM Im not thinkin about DJ Ashba, no matter how hard I try.

also Lots of people are complaining about Slashs PC with Fergi but at least he didnt sell it as Guns N Roses, thats the difference.

I grew up a fan of the old lineups and I'm now I'm a fan of this band, I love Chinese Democracy and I love New GN'R. If I want the old band, I still have their albums (I listen to them a lot). A lot of people like this version of GN'R, so why shit on them and the current incarnation of the band just because you don't like it? I really don't understand it, that is some selfish shit! The best part of the show are the old songs to YOU, I'm personally looking forward to hearing the new stuff. That's called a preference, it doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

Axl owns the name, he's using it for the current incarnation of GN'R, happened years ago, get over it. Also worth mention that Slash, Izzy and Duff left of their own accord. Axl didn't fire them, they chose to no longer be a part of GN'R. Axl made the best out of a bad situation and replaced them, simple. Like Axl said "I’m supposed to throw the baby out with the bath water?"

I think Tommy Stinson said it best - "Get on board or fuck off". Why is that so hard to grasp? What are you people waiting around for?

There is going to be no reunion. You've got the GN'R we have now or nothing.... well I suppose you have Slash's solo album, enough said there though! Stop trying to ruin it for the people who are fans of this band!

Yes there's preference and then there's fact. After Appetite, Slash-Izzy-Axl-Duff-& Steven have been the ones set in stone for what Guns N' Roses REPRESENTS. It's their music the world fell in love with, it's their music that's inspired countless bands and kids, it's their music that's stood the test of time and continues to be a cultural phenomenom!

Like the dude from Cypress said, Axl's legal domains means nothing to the true being of Guns N' Roses.

It's the fact that Axl continues to use the name in a self righteous respect that causes the barrier between Guns fans.

& Just listening to CD, and even knowing how long it took to make, will make you understand just why the guys jumped ship. The band was simply no longer a democracy.

I don't care that they jumped ship (cos that was more than a decade ago!), I like Chinese Democracy.

It's not set in stone that Slash-Izzy-Axl-Duff-& Steven are the ones set in stone for what Guns N' Roses REPRESENTS, to everyone! It all comes back to personal preference, if you don't like the new band, don't buy their records, don't go to their gigs, don't post on the forums (this part is after all for new GN'R)... My point is, leave the people who like new GN'R to enjoy it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Slash didn't came up with the intro riffs and guitar solo's on those songs, nobody would have ever heard of GN'R

Axl came up with the SCOM intro riff. Look up that thread where Slash says that he deserves no credit for SCOM.

Also, Axl came up with the lyrics, which are 90% of a song.

Couldn't be more right. No matter how good Fake GNR is, it's still not Guns N' Roses.

"'Till he [Axl Rose] puts the rest of the guys back there, that shit is not GUNS N' ROSES. Just 'cause he owns the name means nothing."

+1

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Adler, Axl = The real deal :thumbsup:

That band hasn't existed for 20 years, move on! I bet you're the type of guy who never lets go of old girlfriends, right? Like a stalker.

More people would probably move on if Axl did, but since hes still using the same old name and still playing more than 80% of the same old songs on tours, then what do you expect. He's the one living in the past, cant get mad at some fans for doing the same.

Why the fuck shouldn't he play the old songs? He's earned that right, the fans want to hear them... People would moan if he didn't play them!

Funny how no one complains when Slash goes out and plays Civil War or when Adler tours the world with 'Appetite for Destruction'.

of course Axl should play the old songs.......they are the best part of the show.

dont you see that playing those songs and using the name is gonna remind people of the old band members, so why say move on. I hear the intro to SCOM Im not thinkin about DJ Ashba, no matter how hard I try.

also Lots of people are complaining about Slashs PC with Fergi but at least he didnt sell it as Guns N Roses, thats the difference.

I think Tommy Stinson said it best - "Get on board or fuck off". Why is that so hard to grasp? What are you people waiting around for?

Judging from the response the album has recieved, it seems as if alot people choose to "fuck off.'

Judging from how many FANS chose to turn out support them on the recent tour, it appears that they still have quite a large and loyal fan base! When will you be fucking off?

If Slash didn't came up with the intro riffs and guitar solo's on those songs, nobody would have ever heard of GN'R

Axl came up with the SCOM intro riff. Look up that thread where Slash says that he deserves no credit for SCOM.

did he? o.O

and, that is so true. without axl writing lyrics and singing, no one would know about slash, izzy, duff and steven..

did he? o.O

and, that is so true. without axl writing lyrics and singing, no one would know about slash, izzy, duff and steven..

Slash came up with the SCOM riff, but hated it. I think he said he compared it to some sort of carnival music.

Axl was the one that said he liked it and insisted it be used.

did he? o.O

Slash came up with the SCOM riff, but hated it. I think he said he compared it to some sort of carnival music.

Axl was the one that said he liked it and insisted it be used.

i know that version of the story, but i want to know more about what rocketking said.

For me part of it is this. GN'R never officially split up, members jest left and were replaced until it happened that Axl and Dizzy were the last men standing so to speak. I think if GN'R announced a split, Axl made a few solo albums and then decided to resurrect GN'R with different members it would be different. But GN'R has been a continual thing all these years.

I guess some of you aren't familiar with Cypress Hill, trust me B-Real understands rock music quite well. Is he wrong? He simply made a comment about what he feels, he is not a cupcake on a GNR forum posting the same stagnant bullshit like many of you here.

I grew up a fan of the old lineups and I'm now I'm a fan of this band, I love Chinese Democracy and I love New GN'R. If I want the old band, I still have their albums (I listen to them a lot). A lot of people like this version of GN'R, so why shit on them and the current incarnation of the band just because you don't like it? I really don't understand it, that is some selfish shit! The best part of the show are the old songs to YOU, I'm personally looking forward to hearing the new stuff. That's called a preference, it doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

Hearing the old songs is the best part of the show for me and most of the other people there, those songs get the loudest applause and biggest reaction from the crowd. If your going just to hear Chinese Democracy songs, (what do they play 5 of them out of a 20 set or somethin), better bring a good book to read for the other 2plus hours. I dont think beng a fan of the old band makes anyone selfish............. what kind of stupid reasoning is that. Axl gets to do what he does today because of what he did with the old band and their music, not because of CD. He pays homage to those former members song after song when hes on stage, he keeps reminding us how great that band was, and lots of people are just showing their support and agreeing with him.

Axl owns the name, he's using it for the current incarnation of GN'R, happened years ago, get over it. Also worth mention that Slash, Izzy and Duff left of their own accord. Axl didn't fire them, they chose to no longer be a part of GN'R. Axl made the best out of a bad situation and replaced them, simple. Like Axl said "I’m supposed to throw the baby out with the bath water?"

dont forget Buckethead Finck and Brain, they left too. Axl doesnt need to fire anyone, they willingly leave. kinda strange how talented musicians choose to walk away when all hes doing is trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

There is going to be no reunion. You've got the GN'R we have now or nothing.... well I suppose you have Slash's solo album, enough said there though! Stop trying to ruin it for the people who are fans of this band!

no one liked Stinsons solo effort, imagine if they did, and then he was trying to get the Replacements back together but that fell apart too. I wonder if he would still be in GNR to tell people to fuck off if other things hadnt bombed for him. hey, GNR isnt a bad fallback plan, his paycheck pays the bills, so I give him some credit.

but anyways, no one is stopping you or anybody here from liking this band, or the band that was around in 2006, or the band that was around in 2001, or the band that will be around in 2014, so you shouldnt be stopping people from liking the band that was around in 1987.

"That S**t Is Not GUNS N' ROSES"

Too bad for that guy it IS.

Without Slash AND Axl - it isn't GNR, at all. And just because someone says it isn't GNR, why is he immediately called names? It's his opinion, shared by many with the exception of the delusional people on this board.

Guest deleted_19765

step 1. Cypress, remove Slashs C@C! from your mouth.

step 2: who are you again?

Cypress Hill is an important group that has been around about as long as many of us have been alive. You are only making yourself look stupid.

Hearing the old songs is the best part of the show for me and most of the other people there, those songs get the loudest applause and biggest reaction from the crowd. If your going just to hear Chinese Democracy songs, (what do they play 5 of them out of a 20 set or somethin), better bring a good book to read for the other 2plus hours. I dont think beng a fan of the old band makes anyone selfish............. what kind of stupid reasoning is that. Axl gets to do what he does today because of what he did with the old band and their music, not because of CD. He pays homage to those former members song after song when hes on stage, he keeps reminding us how great that band was, and lots of people are just showing their support and agreeing with him.

dont forget Buckethead Finck and Brain, they left too. Axl doesnt need to fire anyone, they willingly leave. kinda strange how talented musicians choose to walk away when all hes doing is trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

no one liked Stinsons solo effort, imagine if they did, and then he was trying to get the Replacements back together but that fell apart too. I wonder if he would still be in GNR to tell people to fuck off if other things hadnt bombed for him. hey, GNR isnt a bad fallback plan, his paycheck pays the bills, so I give him some credit.

but anyways, no one is stopping you or anybody here from liking this band, or the band that was around in 2006, or the band that was around in 2001, or the band that will be around in 2014, so you shouldnt be stopping people from liking the band that was around in 1987.

Why would I bring a book? I love the old tracks, I said I was looking forward to hearing the new songs.

"dont forget Buckethead Finck and Brain, they left too. Axl doesnt need to fire anyone, they willingly leave. kinda strange how talented musicians choose to walk away when all hes doing is trying to make the best out of a bad situation."

So what? People leave bands all the time, bands break up all the time... but anything to take a shot at Axl, right? You take something that shows that Slash, duff, fink or whoever left the band of their own accord n' find a way to bring it back around and blame it on Axl. They are not in the band because they chose not to be, that's why your favorite line up doesn't exist anymore. So go over to their forums and through shit at them! I really can't imagine spending my precious time posting on a fan forum of a band I don't even like, let alone paying to see them in concert!

This really is tit for tat, I said I don't like Slash's album, so you say Stinson's album sucked. I don't care... I happen to like Stinson's album, it was fucking awesome, and most agreed! Did you even bother to listen to it before making your mind up? I listened to Slash's and it sucked balls, nothing against Slash, I'm a fan- but it was fucking terrible.

What's selfish is that because this isn't the old lineup, or the version you prefer, you shit on the current band and the people who enjoy it - Don't bend what I've written to suit your argument. I'm not shitting on people who like the old band (that's how I became a fan) but I'm in this section to talk about the new band. You're in this section to talk shit about them... go to former gunners.

Obviously the only opinion that matters is yours, and to embrace the new band makes the rest of us some sort of musical philistines.

Edited by axl8302

Everyone knows that Axl is the true genius behind Guns N' Roses and the person who embodies the spirit of Guns N' Roses.

Look at Slash - he is friends with everyone in the press, is married with kids, does songs with Fergie, Paulina Rubio, the Pussycat Dolls, Rihanna, goes to the Oscars and Grammys. Slash lost the Gunner spirit a long time ago, he sold himself to the establishment.

Axl had the idea to use that intro riff for SCOM= Axl came up with that riff.

It's simple.

So,Axl came up with something that Slash wrote? Maybe Slash was just being humble. Anyway, your Axl worshiping knows no boundaries but I can tell you he wont see it and offer you a backstage pass.

It was Axl's idea to use the SCOM solo, he has all the credit.

Didn't Slash say that he didn't deserve credit for the intro riff? You are contradicting Slash.

Without Slash AND Axl - it isn't GNR, at all. And just because someone says it isn't GNR, why is he immediately called names? It's his opinion, shared by many with the exception of the delusional people on this board.

You know...I think people here forget that they're in the vast, VAST minority. Sort of like, they've lived in a bubble for the past decade and it's had an effect on their neurology. The fact is, people DON'T consider this Guns N Roses and never will. That's just the reality of the situation....like it or not.

Edited by Nintari

I don't see why it is so hard for people to admit the following things:

-Slash's opening lick and riff are massive part of SCOM's success

-Izzy's chord progressions are a massive, if overlooked, part of its appeal

-Duff's bassline and Adler's drumming give the song a groove that is a massive, if overlooked, part of its appeal

-Axl's lyrics, vocals and vocal melodies are a massive part of its success

Anyone saying otherwise is failing to give credit where credit is due

Also, everyone should acknowledge:

-Slash made Axl's songs, like NR and Estranged, better with his guitarwork, but Axl came up with backbone, melodies and chord progressions that allowed Slash to shine on those songs

-Axl made Slash's songs, like Coma and Locomotive, better with his vocals, lyrics, and melodies but Slash still came up with the killer riffs

And:

-Both have proven they are great at what they do and have unique musical personalities without the other. Some prefer Axl's musical aesthetic, other prefer Slash's. It is all opinion

Personally I think Axl is a more interesting and unique songwriter than Slash, but Slash is one of the greatest hard rock guitarists of all time :shrugs:

You know...I think people here forget that they're in the vast, VAST minority. Sort of like, they've lived in a bubble for the past decade and it's had an effect on their neurology. The fact is, people DON'T consider this Guns N Roses and never will. That's just the reality of the situation....like it or not.

I consider this to be GN'R, I don't care that the VAST majority don't consider it to be GN'R. But please explain to me why people like you feel the need to come here and piss on our parade? We like it you don't, so go somewhere else. Is this a crusade or something? Do you do the same thing over at the Lynyrd Skynyrd forum?