Bret Michaels of POISON/Rock Of Love in critical condition in ICU

Subtle Signs

http://www.metalslud...=2050&Itemid=42

I first saw the story posted on Sludge who got it from People.com

bret-michaels.jpg

Bret Michaels Rushed to ICU with Brain Hemorrhage | Bret Michaels

Bret Michaels

Bret Michaels's health has taken a turn for the worse, PEOPLE has learned: After an excruciating headache late Thursday night, the star was rushed to an undisclosed hospital where doctors discovered he suffered a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding at the base of his brain stem), according to a source close to the situation.

Michaels, 47, is currently in critical condition. "After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [it] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation," the source says.

The rocker's latest hospital visit follows his emergency appendectomy in San Antonio, Texas, on April 12. There is no word yet whether this new development is related to the rocker's recent appendectomy or to his diabetes.

After his appendectomy, Michaels remained in the hospital under his doctors' care – then transferred to a rehab facility specializing in diabetic patients.

As he was recovering, Michaels – who was still in the running to win this season of NBC's Celebrity Apprentice – seemed to be in good spirits and updated fans on his progress.

"They told me that if I had gone on stage like I wanted to, [my appendix] likely would have ruptured and I could have died," he wrote in a note to his fans. "There is just no way around the fact that getting your appendix out HURTS. I have a pretty good threshold for pain, but this one hurts."

http://www.people.com/people/

Edited by Rick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what anyone may think of Poison's music, Brett has always been a guy that doesn't like to disappoint his fans, and puts his all into every show, which I respect. This is terrible news. I hope he's able to make a full recovery.

Used to be a big Poison fan, got sick of them but i dont hate on them. I heard Talk Dirty To Me yesterday, i gotta admit i did air guitar to that riff. I know someone who met Brett and said he was a genuinely nice guy. I really hope he pulls through, he seemed very genuine when i saw them live too.

Oh god, I hope Bret's okay! I just about had a heart attack when I read this article... :( I feel so bad for Bret...first diabetes...now this...I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope he recovers really quickly.

Sad news, I always been a casual fan of poison and I actually bought my first poison album last weekend, best of poison. havnt seen anything on rock of love or celebrity apprentice though, i liked his contribution in guitar hero 3.

Thread title reads Bret Michaels of POISON

As in the band.

Piss of, Kevin. Really.

That's a shame about Bret. Hopefully he'll be alright!

It is a legit point.

There has been so many my world threads in anything goes lately, it's like people are just getting stupid.

Edited by kevin

Thread title reads Bret Michaels of POISON

As in the band.

Piss of, Kevin. Really.

That's a shame about Bret. Hopefully he'll be alright!

It is a legit point.

There has been so many my world threads in anything goes lately, it's like people are just getting stupid.

And other time I'd agree with you, but not when it's about someones life that's at risk.

What forum this thread is in doesn't really matter right now.

Edited by Black Sabbath

Me bitching about music threads in here isn't going to cure him. Neither does posting this in all the forums on this board. Fact remains it should be in my world, whether he is sick or not. I could find a shit ton of indie musicians who are sick and post them in this forum and all it'd do is muck up the board.

ok.....so why two days ago did he have an appendix issue?

medicine fucking up and totally missing a diagnosis? or coincidence? or maybe the 'emergency surgery' fucked up his system!

from bretmichaels.com

Press Release 4/21/10 -- Posted by Patrick on Wednesday, April 21 2010

BRET MICHAELS RECOVERING FROM EMERGENCY SURGERY

TOUR DATES TO BE RESCHEDULED

TO RELEASE REMAKE OF SUBLIMES �WHAT I GOT�

Moments before singer Bret Michaels was to take the stage at the Sea World Amphitheater in San Antonio the Rock of Love Star, Poison front man and Celebrity Apprentice contestant, was rushed to the hospital with severe abdominal pains. After several tests and a CAT scan the rock star received news that he had an acute appendicitis and was immediately taken into emergency surgery at 1:00am.

Donald Trump states �although Michaels is uncontrollable at times, he is a creative asset to his team and most importantly a strong fighter.�

That fight may come in handy in his recovery as the singer remains under doctor�s supervision to insure that no unforeseen problems arise due to his life long struggle with type 1 diabetes which can sometimes complicate post operative care.

Several tour dates on his Roses and Thorns tour are being rescheduled. Michaels is hopeful to make his appearance at the Wichita River Music Festival which would be his first performance post surgery. The remainder of the tour is scheduled to resume on May 12th in Verona New York.

For the past two decades, Michaels has sold over 25 million records worldwide and has set his musical and creative sights far beyond Poison. The singer/songwriter will be releasing his solo album �Custom Built� on June 8th, 2010. The album features the new hit song �Nothing to Lose� (featuring Miley Cyrus), the new tracks �Riding Against the Wind,� �Wasted Time� and will also feature covers of the Sublime song �What I got� and Hank Williams Jr.�s �Family tradition.� Custom Built, in true Michaels fashion, has no musical boundaries and will include a variety of different styles such as rock, country, alternative and Americana.

Over this past week Michaels emergency appendectomy was the number one googled item of the week, even getting spoofed NBC�s Saturday Night Lives� �Weekly Update". Recently the singer was asked to make a cameo in Rihanna�s new video �Rockstar� but due to the emergency surgery he was unable to appear.

For those of you who have been tuning into the Apprentice you know it has been a tough week for Bret. With the possibility of his oldest daughter Raine being diagnosed pre-diabetic and Bret�s unforeseen emergency surgery.

However, Michaels tries to remain upbeat and would like to send a heartfelt thanks to the Staff at Christus Santa Rosa Hospital and all at San Antonio�s Sea World Amphitheater. Michaels would also like to send thanks to family, friends, fans and industry insiders for all the well wishes!

Michaels show at the Sea World Amphitheater in San Antonio has been rescheduled for Friday October 1st.

For more info please stay tuned to BretMichaels.com

Edited by Drakestar