Bret Michaels of POISON/Rock Of Love in critical condition in ICU

Subtle Signs

Other than a couple of songs I don't really dig his work. But needless to say this is a devastating thing for someone to through. I've been watching Celebrity Apprentice this season and he definitely comes across as a sincere and all around good dude who cares about other people. Pulling for him for sure.

Edited by KBear

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637737/20100423/bret_michaels.jhtml

In the immediate hours following Bret Michaels' hospitalization for a brain hemorrhage, his fans have been poring over various websites looking for a hopeful update on the Poison frontman's health. Now, encouraging word has leaked that Michaels may be better off than initially feared.

TMZ is reporting that Michaels is "awake, in good spirits and talking" as of Friday evening (April 23). This information comes from Ambre Lake, the season-two winner of Michaels' "Rock of Love" reality show. TMZ reports that Lake has spoken with people close to Bret who say he's "stabilized and conscious."

Lake's status update on the 47-year-old hair-metal legend is said to coincide with another unidentified "Rock of Love" contestant who is in touch with the other members of Poison.

Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday evening, where doctors discovered he had suffered a massive brain hemorrhage, a rep for the singer confirmed to MTV News.

"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause [of the hemorrhage]," the source told People. "[it] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation."

The next 24 to 48 hours are considered critical for Michaels, and he will be closely monitored by the staff at the undisclosed hospital. Most recently, Michaels has been a contestant on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice."

http://www.bretmichaels.com/2010/news_files/news.shtml

I think TMZ is wrong. According to Brett's site, he remains in critical condition and more tests are being run. With a brain hemorrhage like this, from the brain stem, you're most likely not going to be awake, alert, and in good spirits within a 24 hour period. My wife has 2 residents she takes care of at her job that have suffered the same kind of hemorrhage that Brett has reportedly suffered and both are fucked up for life because of it. I really hope a miracle happens and Brett comes out of this unscathed.

Who gives a shit about your wife's patients, in relation to this story; Let's hope TMZ is right.

I have nothing but good wishes for brett, because lord knows, as much as I fear him - I don't want to meet him anytime soon.

I was merely saying he'll be lucky to come out of this without any permanent damage (hopefully he beats the odds though!), do some research on this particular type of hemorrhage, not many come out unscathed. I would take the word of Brett's official site over what TMZ has to say too. I was just using my wife's patients as a comparison. You don't have to be a dick about it. So: :fuckyou:

Edited by tat2d1

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637737/20100423/bret_michaels.jhtml

In the immediate hours following Bret Michaels' hospitalization for a brain hemorrhage, his fans have been poring over various websites looking for a hopeful update on the Poison frontman's health. Now, encouraging word has leaked that Michaels may be better off than initially feared.

TMZ is reporting that Michaels is "awake, in good spirits and talking" as of Friday evening (April 23). This information comes from Ambre Lake, the season-two winner of Michaels' "Rock of Love" reality show. TMZ reports that Lake has spoken with people close to Bret who say he's "stabilized and conscious."

Lake's status update on the 47-year-old hair-metal legend is said to coincide with another unidentified "Rock of Love" contestant who is in touch with the other members of Poison.

Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday evening, where doctors discovered he had suffered a massive brain hemorrhage, a rep for the singer confirmed to MTV News.

"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause [of the hemorrhage]," the source told People. "[it] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation."

The next 24 to 48 hours are considered critical for Michaels, and he will be closely monitored by the staff at the undisclosed hospital. Most recently, Michaels has been a contestant on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice."

http://www.bretmichaels.com/2010/news_files/news.shtml

I think TMZ is wrong. According to Brett's site, he remains in critical condition and more tests are being run. With a brain hemorrhage like this, from the brain stem, you're most likely not going to be awake, alert, and in good spirits within a 24 hour period. My wife has 2 residents she takes care of at her job that have suffered the same kind of hemorrhage that Brett has reportedly suffered and both are fucked up for life because of it. I really hope a miracle happens and Brett comes out of this unscathed.

Who gives a shit about your wife's patients, in relation to this story; Let's hope TMZ is right.

I have nothing but good wishes for brett, because lord knows, as much as I fear him - I don't want to meet him anytime soon.

I agree I'd hope TMZ was right, but that's no reason to slam a guy who's wife happens to be a professional, with knowledge on these matters. Meanwhile, give a shit or not, his wife is right.

Despite reports that claimed his status may have stabilized, rocker Bret Michaels’ official website says that the rocker, who was hospitalized with a brain hemorrhage on Thursday, is still in critical condition. A brief statement on the site says, “There are several incorrect reports on Bret’s condition. Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests are being ran and information will be updated in the coming days.”

Michaels was rushed to the hospital on Thursday night and reportedly suffered from a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage. A source told People, “After several CAT scans, MRIs, and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [it] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation.”

This most recent hospital stay comes only 11 days after Michaels underwent an emergency appendectomy in San Antonio, Tex.

link

Brett really is a good guy, so all my best as well to him and his family in this trying time.

The latest: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bret-michaels-speech-slurred-after-brain-hemorrhage/39781?nc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rock singer and TV reality star Bret Michaels remained in critical condition, but was conscious and talking with slurred speech after suffering a brain hemorrhage, his publicist said on Sunday.

The front man of glam rock band Poison was rushed to an undisclosed hospital on Friday with a severe headache. Doctors diagnosed a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage, or bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

A statement issued on Sunday by publicists for the 47-year-old singer said he was still under 24-hour supervision and in critical condition and that doctors were trying to locate the source of the bleeding.

"Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete, the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness etc will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal," the statement added.

There's more, but this is really the pertinent info....

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/05/03/update-bret-michaels-walking-talking/

Update: Bret Michaels Walking & Talking

Jennifer

Jennifer Reed, 80's,Music

5/3/2010

6:45 pm

Poison lead singer Bret Michaels is up walking and talking according to his sister.

The singer suffered a brain hemorrhage a couple of weeks ago and remains in ICU; however, there are some positive signs according to his sister Michelle Sychak.

Sychak talked to her brother over the weekend and stated that hes very aware and in a good mood after a medical evaluation.

She said, Hes up and moving but it is not going to surprise me if still in the ICU on Friday.

On Tuesday, May 4th, Michaels physicians are planning to hold a press conference regarding his condition.

Click MORE to find out what else his sister had to say about his recovery.

In the latest report Bret Michaels sister, Michelle Sychak, said he still has back pain, but hes lucid, talking, and starting to walk on a limited basis.

His doctor said last week that what kept him alive at the moment of the hemorrhage was that he did not want his family to wake up and see him lying unconscious in the middle of the floor.

Keep on 94WYSP for further updates on Michaels condition.

Edited by Axlsgirldawn

Poison's Bret Michaels 'to make full recovery'

Page last updated at 8:38 GMT, Wednesday, 5 May 2010 9:38 UK

_44764218_poison_ap226b.jpg

Guitarist CC DeVille and Bret Michaels performing in 2007

Poison singer Bret Michaels has been discharged from hospital and is expected to recover completely from a brain haemorrhage, doctors have said.

The 47-year-old has been advised to wait up to six weeks before resuming regular activity.

Medical experts have declined to say when the rock star might resume touring.

Michaels, a contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice, was rushed to hospital last week suffering from a severe headache.

Doctors at the Phoenix medical centre where the singer was treated said they will examine him every two weeks until he is declared fully fit.

"This produces a great deal of stress on the body. This is like being involved in an accident from inside," said Dr Joseph Zabramski.

He also declined to confirm whether Michaels had gone home or into a rehabilitation facility.

It is unlikely that his haemorrhage is related to surgery for appendicitis or being injured in the face by a falling piece of set at last year's Tony Awards.

The incident was too long ago, Dr Zabramski said.

Michaels was scheduled to tour this month, but his appearances have been postponed.

Dates planned for the summer and autumn will still go ahead.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ts/10097992.stm

Edited by Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Bump: Bret suffered a "warning" stroke & has a hole in his heart:

Bret Michaels is back in the hospital after suffering a pair of major setbacks in his comeback from a brain hemorrhage that almost killed him.

The 47-year-old rocker turned reality TV star is recovering after suffering what his doctor calls a "warning stroke" that left him with numbness on his left side. And during tests at the hospital, Michaels was also hit with the news that he has a hole in his heart, according to a post on the Poison front-man's Web site.

"There is no doubt that the positive Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) is devastating news to Bret and his family," Dr. Joseph Zabramski, Michael's neurosurgeon, says in the Web post. "The good news is that it is operable and treatable."

Michaels' setback also puts into question whether he'll be able to return to film the May 23 final of Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice,” and raises doubts abut his May 28 comeback concert, Zabramski said.

Michaels suffered a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage, or bleeding at the base of his brain stem, on April 22 that left him in critical condition. The singer also endured an emergency appendectomy just ten days earlier.

Earlier this month, Michaels told People magazine that he was treating his near death experience as a chance to live life to the fullest.

"As painful as this experience has been, I was given a second chance, right? I don't want to sit around every night worrying this is going to happen again," he told the magazine. "There's just so much more I want to do and experience."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/05/20/2010-05-20_bret_michaels_hospitalized_after_warning_stroke_may_be_out_for_celebrity_apprent.html#ixzz0oWkRaY4y

Bump: Bret suffered a "warning" stroke & has a hole in his heart:

Bret Michaels is back in the hospital after suffering a pair of major setbacks in his comeback from a brain hemorrhage that almost killed him.

The 47-year-old rocker turned reality TV star is recovering after suffering what his doctor calls a "warning stroke" that left him with numbness on his left side. And during tests at the hospital, Michaels was also hit with the news that he has a hole in his heart, according to a post on the Poison front-man's Web site.

"There is no doubt that the positive Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) is devastating news to Bret and his family," Dr. Joseph Zabramski, Michael's neurosurgeon, says in the Web post. "The good news is that it is operable and treatable."

Michaels' setback also puts into question whether he'll be able to return to film the May 23 final of Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice,” and raises doubts abut his May 28 comeback concert, Zabramski said.

Michaels suffered a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage, or bleeding at the base of his brain stem, on April 22 that left him in critical condition. The singer also endured an emergency appendectomy just ten days earlier.

Earlier this month, Michaels told People magazine that he was treating his near death experience as a chance to live life to the fullest.

"As painful as this experience has been, I was given a second chance, right? I don't want to sit around every night worrying this is going to happen again," he told the magazine. "There's just so much more I want to do and experience."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/05/20/2010-05-20_bret_michaels_hospitalized_after_warning_stroke_may_be_out_for_celebrity_apprent.html#ixzz0oWkRaY4y

wow was just reading that:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37264009/ns/today-entertainment/

Do people actually feel sorry for this guy? He did this to himself by drinking and partying everyday. This is just another way for him to earn money through publicity.

So if Axl had one due to the partying lifestyle he seems to be living these days, you wouldn't be there supporting him wishing for a speedy recovery? Who gives a shit how it happened, the guy might make some pretty shitty music but he sure as hell doesn't deserve to die or anything for it.

Edited by KetchupNotMayo

Do people actually feel sorry for this guy? He did this to himself by drinking and partying everyday. This is just another way for him to earn money through publicity.

So if Axl had one due to the partying lifestyle he seems to be living these days, you wouldn't be there supporting him wishing for a speedy recovery? Who gives a shit how it happened, the guy might make some pretty shitty music but he sure as hell doesn't deserve to die or anything for it.

Comparing Axl to Bret is a lol for me. Besides Axl is obviously smarter than that. Let's see. He goes on a TV show and drinks every single time when he knows he shouldn't. He eats anything he wants and figures he can take a shot of incline and be alright. I don't want him to die. I just think the dude should take a look at himself and rethink the whole rockstar thing vs. being a father and living thing.