Do you think Axl should put CD II out the same week as Dre puts out Detox?

ITW 2012

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People love a good feud.

I really think Axl should release "Sorry" as the next single before he embarks on a Fall tour of the States.

He's got to find a way to get it played on the radio. Radio basically cut them off after the Chinese Democracy single. At least where I live they did. I heard Better and The Blues a few times and then they disappeared.

Edited by ITW 2012

People love a good feud.

I really think Axl should release "Sorry" as the next single before he embarks on a Fall tour of the States.

He's got to find a way to get it played on the radio. Radio basically cut them off after the Chinese Democracy single. At least where I live they did. I heard Better and The Blues a few times and then they disappeared.

I heard CD the other day, I heard Better recently as well but all things considered the DJ's here loved CD.

Radio is ALL politics. Almost every major station is up for auction and the labels know it. The fatter the labels keep the right pockets lined, the more you hear certain songs. We all know that the label didn't give a fuck about promoting this album so it's no shock to see them dump it off without a care.

If Axl wanted/wants to promote his music he needs to do it himself. Go on Kimmel,do radio/magazine/internet interviews, release videos...that sort of thing.

I saw the 50 Cent Benhind the Music last night, so you're all going to have to suffer. Point being that when 50 was about to release Get Rich or Die Tryin' a rap feud was instigated between him and Kanye. I think it was a given that Kanye was going to out sell him, hands down. But 50 played along and made that week the biggest selling for hip hop in history. Kanye beat him in terms of sales, but it was a bestseller for 50. He was proud of savvy business decisions he made, then got into bottled water, like Vit or some shit? Which made him 100 mill. Who don't drink water, right?

Anyway cut to 2008 - the Kanye, Axl thing where the media tried to set them up for a similar kind of "feud". and Axl down played it because he's too real to do that. And I respect that, there was still some light on both albums but GNR didn't play that game. I guess rock is different rap in that way, record sales yeah, but integrity goes a long way. Could say that Axl doesn't need to do that now, whereas 50 was desperate to make it.

I saw the 50 Cent Benhind the Music last night, so you're all going to have to suffer. Point being that when 50 was about to release Get Rich or Die Tryin' a rap feud was instigated between him and Kanye. I think it was a given that Kanye was going to out sell him, hands down. But 50 played along and made that week the biggest selling for hip hop in history. Kanye beat him in terms of sales, but it was a bestseller for 50. He was proud of savvy business decisions he made, then got into bottled water, like Vit or some shit? Which made him 100 mill. Who don't drink water, right?

Anyway cut to 2008 - the Kanye, Axl thing where the media tried to set them up for a similar kind of "feud". and Axl down played it because he's too real to do that. And I respect that, there was still some light on both albums but GNR didn't play that game. I guess rock is different rap in that way, record sales yeah, but integrity goes a long way. Could say that Axl doesn't need to do that now, whereas 50 was desperate to make it.

50 Cent's battle with Kanye was later on. Get Rich or Die Trying was out at least a year before Kanye's first album.

The Rap vs. Rock angle hasn't really been tapped before. I think it could be a lot of fun.