Do you think Axl should put CD II out the same week as Dre puts out Detox?

ITW 2012

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had AFD and Straight Outta Compton on one TDK90 tape.

If these two heavy weights don't colloborate at some point the whole world will have failed.

i hope to god axl does not sellout like that

You think working with Dre is selling out. The whole rap/rock crossover has sort been played out with bands doing to death.Maybe it's too much of gimmick these days. I'm sort of with in that Axl doesn't need to do it, ITW doesn't really need a remix to be awesome but maybe it would be fun to cause a sensation. I just see GNR and NWA as two sides of the same coin. It wouldn't be sellin out, it would be the coming together of titans of rock n rap.

Welcome to the Jungle/Straight outta Compton Remix ft. Axl Rose and Dr Dre.

I had AFD and Straight Outta Compton on one TDK90 tape.

If these two heavy weights don't colloborate at some point the whole world will have failed.

i hope to god axl does not sellout like that

How would that be seen as selling out? It would just be a couple of really talented guys working together. Sort of like when MJ collaborated with Paul McCartney.

If you dont like the answer you are going to get dont ask the question, you really think the answer is yes? Axl would get CRUSHED putting out CD the same week as Dre just like CD was in 3rd when it was released and got crushed by Kaynes album, I laughed when people like you were asking should there be a midnight release for CD.

It was even funnier when people thought he would beat Kanye.

Some people on this board have been sipping the coolade for far too long.

Rock is dead face it, Axl didnt save rock like we thought. Deal with it.

it still amazes me how so many people do not know how to analyze things meaning look at all variables involved

You guys do realize the music world is bigger than just the USA right? Thats one thing, but the USA is such a stupid music market you have to do things in a very lame mainstream way ....and as we all know GNR's music was not mainstream and its release was done mainstream..........in fact they did stuff in probably what was the most retarded release ever considering the situation, that is why CD got 3rd that week in the USA but that same opening week GNR scored 1st worldwide WTF HOW IS THIS????? IF CD 2 comes out the same week as Dre in the USA and the release of CD 2 comes out just like 1 did then yes Dre will probably beat them but IF GNR does things RIGHT leading up to the release which things actually look to be maybe heading that way then Dre will not win even in the USA, but regardless even if CD2 is another botched release it will still beat Dre in Worldwide sales which is really what matters....got it?

go look up how many copies CD has sold worldwide .....now when you get that number of sales I want you to look around at other music acts that have released albums in this digital downloading age and forward. Try to find other albums that worldwide have sold this many in this same time frame, in case you dont know GNR is in very very slim company, and when you consider how the album had NO PROMOTION the frontman of our band we hadnt even seen in a year and a half or spoken and it still sold that well think about it. These few others artists that have sold this much in this age had two advantages going for them to equal GNRs sales that GNR didnt 1.) they are newer acts and thus more mainstream 2.) and oh yea they had proper promotion of these albums.

Edited by amacfantasy

If you dont like the answer you are going to get dont ask the question, you really think the answer is yes? Axl would get CRUSHED putting out CD the same week as Dre just like CD was in 3rd when it was released and got crushed by Kaynes album, I laughed when people like you were asking should there be a midnight release for CD.

It was even funnier when people thought he would beat Kanye.

Some people on this board have been sipping the coolade for far too long.

Rock is dead face it, Axl didnt save rock like we thought. Deal with it.

it still amazes me how so many people do not know how to analyze things meaning look at all variables involved

You guys do realize the music world is bigger than just the USA right? Thats one thing, but the USA is such a stupid music market you have to do things in a very lame mainstream way ....and as we all know GNR's music was not mainstream and its release was done mainstream..........in fact they did stuff in probably what was the most retarded release ever considering the situation, that is why CD got 3rd that week in the USA but that same opening week GNR scored 1st worldwide WTF HOW IS THIS????? IF CD 2 comes out the same week as Dre in the USA and the release of CD 2 comes out just like 1 did then yes Dre will probably beat them but IF GNR does things RIGHT leading up to the release which things actually look to be maybe heading that way then Dre will not win even in the USA, but regardless even if CD2 is another botched release it will still beat Dre in Worldwide sales which is really what matters....got it?

go look up how many copies CD has sold worldwide .....now when you get that number of sales I want you to look around at other music acts that have released albums in this digital downloading age and forward. Try to find other albums that worldwide have sold this many in this same time frame, in case you dont know GNR is in very very slim company, and when you consider how the album had NO PROMOTION the frontman of our band we hadnt even seen in a year and a half or spoken and it still sold that well think about it. These few others artists that have sold this much in this age had two advantages going for them to equal GNRs sales that GNR didnt 1.) they are newer acts and thus more mainstream 2.) and oh yea they had proper promotion of these albums.

I havent checked the numbers but CD did alright. It didn't sell 1 mill in first two weeks which seems like the new industry standard as a smash hit. But I'm guessing it has got there eventually. Although Axl didn't promo at the time, that worked as promo in a way - in Asia they used that line in the concert build up like it was what real rock is about. Also what rock bands have touring, over pop acts, CD has shelf life. This year, next year it will be a great record, and people who missed on release, may have got it on the tour. gnr is international band, no one market is more important to them. CD didn't flop, but the media sold that unimaginative story cos it would sell more advertising space. seems like it's turning around, as you can't sell the same story year after year, maybe it's comeback story which is equally stupid, but it has that rocky appeal that people like.

the only one left in the game is Axl. Chinese Democracy coming on the back of American Bankruptcy seems like a foregone conclusion. Axl's like a modern day Nostradamus. Wait a minute, I almost forgot about DRE.

Edited by ITW 2012

The axis of power has shifted from pop to rock.

In adversity people need Axl Rose to lead them into the war.

Barbq's everyday, Dre is the pioneer of American Bankruptcy.

Edited by wasted

Didn't CD sell like...five million worldwide? If so, people need to chill with the flop talk because that's not even CLOSE to a flop.

In the US you're treated like you don't exist/matter unless you've got your own reality show.

Hahaha....don't give anyone any ideas.

They don't really hit new bands with the flop shit if they sell normally, it's just the superstars from the past, that's all they can come up with. Whiteny huston comes back and it's not as big as the 80s etc.

I mean Chickezie is about as succesful as anyone and he didn't even win Idol, all he did was get arrested for stealing booze from a liqour store?

I reckon when MJ died that reset everyone's clocks to the 80s, it was like some kind of time machine. Right now it's the 80s.

If your house just got repossessed and your cable disconnected and all you got is a gun, a six pack and bag of weed what do you want some miserable beat poetics indie rock song about buy adult diapers at the 7-11 or a Axl Rose vs Dr Dre industrial rap blockbuster video with bitches and crates of diamonds set on a cruiseliner?

Am I missing something?...has CD II been advertised or reported to be ready for release or something?....

Noticed a couple threads lately recently that have implied that there might have been some news on another album?....or is it just ppl getting excited and starting the snowball ridiculously early?

that was before tour? there must have been a spike. but yeah can't see Dre & Axl combining cos they are such massive figures, almost completely different universes. It would seem too staged. Whereas Snoop is so loose he's just going to walk into Timberlakes area. it would still be good, they probably never even met. Maybe Em can hook them up?

Didn't CD sell like...five million worldwide? If so, people need to chill with the flop talk because that's not even CLOSE to a flop.

It did not even sell 1m in the US

It was a huge flop. And no it didn't send 5m world wide, wasn't it more like 3m?

And even if it is 5m that is a huge flop by Gnr standards, all of their studio albums (AFD, Lies, UYI I and II) all sold at least 5m in the US alone, even GHs I think is getting close to 4 or 5m in the US alone. And none of those albums took as long or cost as much as CD did to make.

Its also a huge flop considering the time and money put into the album. Ten years and over 15m to only sell at most 5m world wide and that 5m is being genious.

CD sold about what 750k tops in the us. How is that not a flop?

Look at CD like a movie. Lets someone made a movie and it cost 150m to make and it only made 100m at the box office, that movie would be a flop.

But if another person made a movie and it only cost them 50m to make and that movie made 100m at the box office it would be considered a success.

The reason CD is such a flop is because of how much it cost to make and it took Axl TEN YEARS to put out.

You cannot compare CD to other bands that only spend a few million to make an album and it only takes them two or three years to make their album.

Edited by gnr-dave