Tommy mentions nothing about new album in latest blog

hodge4443

Tommy is cool to keep us informed on what he is up to. Nothing about working on a new GnR album in here, but that doesn't mean Axl and Co are not. I would think that if a new album is being worked on, most of the music is probably already done.

Here is his blog entry......My link

You mention there NOT being an update about album, which is odd in itself, and miss out this

I’m still sifting through footage of my adventures, so stay tuned for more videos. Additionally, in the coming weeks I’ll be doing some live video streaming for you guys, where I’ll answer some of your questions.

and this

I will be rewarding those that participate with a free download of the first track off of my upcoming solo record.

New solo album, if you don't his first then I feel sorry for you, and some questions answered in real time, win!

Could these be the inteviews we were promised long ago?

Edited by plonker88

why would have to answer anything about working on another gnr album since his parts have been long done for a while probably

That is exactly what I was thinking. I just thought it was interesting with some of the other premature threads talking about release dates and track listings and such.

Tommy is cool to keep us informed on what he is up to. Nothing about working on a new GnR album in here, but that doesn't mean Axl and Co are not. I would think that if a new album is being worked on, most of the music is probably already done.

I've said it before, what the band members know that we don't is minimal. Bumblefoot has confirmed on several occasions that he usually finds out big news the same time we do. I'm sure Tommy and the rest are no different in that regard.

Keep in mind, these guys weren't even allowed anything other than a laptop to rehearse the songs from CD. Why should the next album and it's status be any less protected?

I've said it before, what the band members know that we don't is minimal. Bumblefoot has confirmed on several occasions that he usually finds out big news the same time we do. I'm sure Tommy and the rest are no different in that regard.

Keep in mind, these guys weren't even allowed anything other than a laptop to rehearse the songs from CD. Why should the next album and it's status be any less protected?

I think Bumblefoot is a special case, he chooses not to know what is going on because I just don't think he gives a fuck. He says they were in the middle of band meeting and he asked "Does this have anything to do with my balls?" They laughed and he left. I'm sure the others know a fair bit more than we do, a whole lot more and majorly in advance to us.

That whole laptop thing was slap bang in the middle of the the leaks really starting to flood out so it might have been a one time thing :shrugs:

Edited by plonker88

There will never be another guns n roses album. Maybe a greatest hits when axl cant sing anymore. You guys remember how long it took CD to come out? Theres nothing in the hopper as far as a new album is concerned, or ill let the whole board have their way with my girl. as rough as you want. Just aint gunna happen tho... if it does, hold me to it. Im game.

There will never be another guns n roses album. Maybe a greatest hits when axl cant sing anymore. You guys remember how long it took CD to come out? Theres nothing in the hopper as far as a new album is concerned, or ill let the whole board have their way with my girl. as rough as you want. Just aint gunna happen tho... if it does, hold me to it. Im game.

You're on.

Guest ben9785

yeah of course he's not going to do it there.. he's just sharing thoughts relating to the tour.. maybe if there was a official press statement from the band then he might have commented about it

i think they probably would not start to seriously consider the release of the next album until all their commitments/plans for this tour had been completed, meaning whatever dates are coming and any other dates still in planning or yet to be announced

Edited by ben9785

It says hes mixing songs for his new solo album and doing other recording. Sounds to me like he has no plans for GNR whatsoever never mind anything about a new album.

Tommys parts have been done for years and I mean YEARS.

The only people who would need to add parts and I hope they dont are DJ and maybe Ron and Frank. Id guess Frank and Ron already added their parts when they were looking at the tracks for CD.

Tommy isnt needed to finish up any next album. Its probably already done and they just need to pick out the tracks. They had 30 tracks finished and half of the 3rd back when Axl did Trunk.

The two follow ups are probably done