Current climate on the forum is...

Young_Gun

The rumours exist because of threads like this one.

This thread exists due to rumors :) Axl's comment on Twitter surely does point to some of these rumors being true, or semi true.

Hahaha, really! Does it?

In case you haven't noticed Guns are currently on tour, there is surely lots of 'bizzess' to take care of. Shit, Axl could've been talking about nailing his GF for all you know.

That could be true friend :) Although with Universal Music being two blocks away i find that a big coincedence :)

Not really a big coincidence, if Universal was 25 blocks away, you'd still be arguing your point.

You WANT to believe it's coming out, so you'll use anything to help fuel that fantasy... it's kind of delusional dude!

I of course hope that you're right, and that I'm wrong.

Of course i want to believe its coming out, i was pretty sceptical when i first heard about it, but a few well known posters here have heard about it too. If Universal was 25 blocks away i probably would argue my point, although not as strongly. NY is a massive place and i do find it a big coincidence. How come no one has come out and shot down the rumors altogether like they did with the Chinese Democracy reality show or when people thought Azoff was bought in to reunite old Guns?

I can admit that i may be wrong about this sure, but i do believe its coming out. Whether its a re-release or a new album i don't know. You guys are free to believe otherwise too.

What about the 14 years before chi dem came out when no one came out and shot down those rumours? You're right no one has said nothing to disprove it. They have said nothing. There is nothing supporting your rumour ie there is no evidence.

This thread exists due to rumors :) Axl's comment on Twitter surely does point to some of these rumors being true, or semi true.

Hahaha, really! Does it?

In case you haven't noticed Guns are currently on tour, there is surely lots of 'bizzess' to take care of. Shit, Axl could've been talking about nailing his GF for all you know.

That could be true friend :) Although with Universal Music being two blocks away i find that a big coincedence :)

Not really a big coincidence, if Universal was 25 blocks away, you'd still be arguing your point.

You WANT to believe it's coming out, so you'll use anything to help fuel that fantasy... it's kind of delusional dude!

Of course i want to believe its coming out, i was pretty sceptical when i first heard about it, but a few well known posters here have heard about it too. If Universal was 25 blocks away i probably would argue my point, although not as strongly. NY is a massive place and i do find it a big coincidence. How come no one has come out and shot down the rumors altogether like they did with the Chinese Democracy reality show or when people thought Azoff was bought in to reunite old Guns?

I can admit that i may be wrong about this sure, but i do believe its coming out. Whether its a re-release or a new album i don't know. You guys are free to believe otherwise too.

What about the 14 years before chi dem came out when no one came out and shot down those rumours? You're right no one has said nothing to disprove it. They have said nothing. There is nothing supporting your rumour ie there is no evidence.

Those 14 years were PRIOR to when the Guns camp started shooting down rumors :) So it doesn't count ;) Like i said, i don't have real proof, but it feels like it might happen.

Hahaha, really! Does it?

thats exactly what everyone is saying!!! its a reason its called a RUMOR and not a FACT.

we know that it might be wrong, but there is no reason to shoot down people's hope for a new record!!

I was in Los Angeles for 17 days, 16 nights on business. I have a friend who I graduated college with that works in publishing in LA . So naturally, I visited for a few days while I was there. One night he invited me out for drinks with him and a friend of his. The friend is a sales analyst for a major industry organization (not disclosing the name). While having drinks, he was describing to me what he does exactly. Somehow the conversation turned to him telling me about some of the upcoming summer releases. He mentioned multiple artists (GNR somewhere in the middle). I said something like, "whoa. GNR have another album coming out?" He said, "Yes, early summer". I'm not exactly sure what I said at this point, but I think it was something along the lines of being surprised considering Chinese Democracy was just released not that long ago, and because of the fact that it bombed so bad here in the US. Anyway, from there I believe he kind of elaborated on Axl turning over 30 (or so) tracks in April 2008.

I was in Los Angeles for 17 days, 16 nights on business. I have a friend who I graduated college with that works in publishing in LA . So naturally, I visited for a few days while I was there. One night he invited me out for drinks with him and a friend of his. The friend is a sales analyst for a major industry organization (not disclosing the name). While having drinks, he was describing to me what he does exactly. Somehow the conversation turned to him telling me about some of the upcoming summer releases. He mentioned multiple artists (GNR somewhere in the middle). I said something like, "whoa. GNR have another album coming out?" He said, "Yes, early summer". I'm not exactly sure what I said at this point, but I think it was something along the lines of being surprised considering Chinese Democracy was just released not that long ago, and because of the fact that it bombed so bad here in the US. Anyway, from there I believe he kind of elaborated on Axl turning over 30 (or so) tracks in April 2008.

thats interesting..

when did you hear this?

If you are referring to the tweet I think you are. It was the gunsnoses profile (ie fernando/management) and they were getting down to 'business'. 'Business' is very generic it can be tour planning, concerns with management, promotion, maybe even rereleasing chi dem or videos. Or it could be getting staff for the next tour leg. It's such a leap to suggest they are getting a new album and people have twisted this so far that they are bound to get disappointed and then it's the same people that we are going to have to listen to going "OMFG AXL SUCKS HE SHOULD DO THIS HE SHOULD DO THAT'. I 100% guarantee it, it will be the same people who get excited who will be the ones to nix the new band. We've seen it time and again.

Also Axl has stated how much he likes New York. He could just be there because he likes being there.

Finally someone who has some common sense!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Sweet Tooth

To me, this forum's energy feels like end of round 1 at an intense boxing match... the crowd is all psyched and waiting for more. Of course, there are some idiots that are too drunk to have a good time - or people that must have a lot of bad days.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the new album. Jarmo said that he doesn't know if it'll be any easier to get an album out now than it was in 08. It would be nice if somebody maybe contacted the record company. It pisses me off that those fuckers are making it difficult for Axl.

Edited by ITW 2012

I can sort of see why they wouldn't want to go through the whole thing of putting an album out. but maybe if they are in NY and it's been planned already it's just a matter of pushing the button.

To further add fuel to the fire(in a good way of course) Jarmo is not only allowing theads about a possible new album on HTGTG, he is even conversing in the very thread. Jarmo is VERY quick to stomp out rumors and hearsay, this is very telling to me.

In not knowing much, nor ever speaking to Jarmo, I'd guess like many others (and myself) he just likes the idea of a 'disc 2'.

It would be fantastic if Axl got all 'Early Zep' on us and laid out some back to backs. Squashing an outright rumor is different from participating in fun speculation, no harm in that. Of course I also think nothing points solidly to a release, why would I, but it sounds like a great and wonderful plan!

As to the climate, well, I'd depict the entire GnR community climate a lot like this. Yes, this says its appropriate thousand words.

dscf0048.jpg

^Not a knock, think about it.

Edited by axlskAmpf