Sweet Child O' Mine #1 on UK Rock charts

Dust N Roses

Looks like SCOM reached number one again in the UK rock charts...for the week of 16 May, at least. Is this typical?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_number-one_rock_hits_of_2010_(UK)

I stumbled upon this when I was doing some reading on The Pretty Reckless. I also saw that "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls was recently # 1, so apparently it's not all that uncommon for old songs to peak their charts...anyways, just thought I would share...I found it interesting.

Edited by Dust N Roses

Looks like SCOM reached number one again in the UK rock charts...for the week of 16 May, at least. Is this typical?

I stumbled upon this when I was doing some reading on The Pretty Reckless. I also saw that "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls was recently # 1, so apparently it's not all that uncommon for old songs to peak their charts...anyways, just thought I would share...I found it interesting.

Interesting. Works towards my theory that most of the music of today blows :P

Interesting. Works towards my theory that most of the music of today blows :P

there'll always be good music around, but it's the matter of finding it, unless the labels and people like mr. azoff don't stop promoting this crap (basically all the media you get is controlled by large monopolies that have no interest in the art side, just the commerce, andy gould said that the relationship between art and commerce is an interesting one and I agree, it's so contradictiory that I don't understand how these two things could ever not be mutually exclusive), it'll never stop, people in the US are afraid to like quality music, because it's uncool, which is something I will never understand, but this fear of being uncool is holding back the demand for good music in my opinion, there are always good artists out there, but it's hard to find them in the midst of all this shit, I mean I've never been a music chart person, but I look at the charts and I don't know a single song in the charts, I sometimes give them a listen, because I don't wanna be close-minded, but in 90% of cases I can say with full confidence what I'm gonna get, the same boring arrangements, same beats, a catchy stupid chorus with some idiot bling-bling rapper who probably can't even spell his own name, not saying all hiphop is crap, but the quality of hiphop has diminished greatly in the past few years, so it's kinda of a downer, but I'll always have Gn'R and some other bands that don't give into this bullshit

PS! if anyone's interested in the entertainment business or just likes watching documentaries I recommend 'The Merchants of Cool', it's on youtube, there's this interesting part about limp bizkit in the end, which I thought was hilarious

the only reason why this happens it's just cuz there r a lot of crappy singers tryin' to rule the teens' minds these days! :rolleyes:

This is what I love about the download generation. Sweet Child didn't even have to be re released as a single to make it on to the charts again, it just goes on it's download sales... any song, regardless of when it was released, can now make it into the charts - I think that's pretty fucking cool.