Is anyone else sick to their fuckin death with this Electro Pop 80s bullshit?

Guest Len B'stard

really I just can't stand this dubstep garbage dominating the party and club scene... usually i can deal with annoying music but annoying obnoxious electronic music is the most annoying music there is by far. WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP gimme a fuckin break

it was cool when Bassnectar did it but giving half time bass wobble beats their own genre is a fucking joke

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Dude, everyone has their own tastes.

Calm down...

This.

Re fucking lax. You're going to give yourself a stroke. If you don't like the music, fine, easy fix: Don't listen to it. I'm so tired of people bitching about this act or this artist. Boo fucking hoo. "OMG I don't like ____. They're sooooo overrated. They should just like kill themselves or whatever. Because *I* don't like them means that no one else should cuz I'm so indie/emo/hardcore/only listen to the coolest of the cool music and if it's on the radio I have to hate it."

Change the station and get some real problems. If this is the most annoying or inconvenient thing that's happened to you all day, you have nothing to worry about.

Sweetie i wasn't seriously considering massacres and war, it was just a colorful way to make a point :lol: My point is basically a very simple one, there's a lot of similar music around and i think thats kind of...digressive. Sure, yeah, change the channel over but at the same time, this is my generation and i have shit to say about it.

I don't think enough people bitch about the music they don't like actually and i find it profoundly disturbing. I'm not seriously sitting here arming with with an M16 and sharpening my Rambo knife, it was just a different way to say 'i find certain music objectionable' ;)

Anyway, why should i be the reserved repressed clenched buttocked one just cuz it's your taste. Get some real problems? Daria, i bet you're just life and soul of the party huh? :lol: Is this cuz i think Gwen Stefani is fuckin shit too? :rofl-lol: You're kinda really going for it and i'm not sure why, 'get some real problems?' Well uh, isn't it sort of the purpose of life to try not and get some real problems? Can i just stick with my shallow superficial problems? Only i feel if i have real problems i might have to go some ways towards real solutions instead of making light of them on internet forums, kay? :) (see how my way of doing things works better? Again? ;) )

By the way, the charm school? Get your attourney to write them a strongly worded letter sweetie :kiss:

Edited by sugaraylen

I don't think enough people bitch about the music they don't like actually and i find it profoundly disturbing.

That's where you're wrong...again. People bitch about it constantly. Why waste time? I guess if you have nothing better to do than whine about music you don't like, knock yourself out.

And their boring retro 80s 'look at me, i'm a robot' soulless gutless brainless pop sludge around nowadays? I guess some fucker most like it or it wouldn't sell but fuck me, how much of that auto-tuned voice change staticey music can people tolerate? Fuck, if you're gonna bring back the 80s, have some fuckin taste at least. If truly cool music is played from the heart this is the shit that block arteries, it's so humungously boring. Normally i wouldn't grouse, y'know, something sucks, fuck it, dig what you dig and fuck the rest but Jesus creeping shit, it's like everywhere you look now. All of a sudden Xtina or whatever that awful little reptiles name is is suddenly in on the act.

Amen

The pews are mostly empty Rev...still,keep passing that collection hat.

Feel free to flame me....:anger: etc but I quite Lady GaGa - her music is fun and pretty fresh. The quality of Fame & Fame Monster is above and beyond what is being released by most artists in that field and the music industry as a whole. It's fun music, if you're out it's great music to dance / mess about to.

Also, with Lady GaGa - it's not just her music, but it finally feels that people are getting excited about music again. In the UK I recall these trends where the UK really does get excited about music - peaks and troughs, it doesn't often last;

Grunge (led by Nirvana, obviously)

Brit pop (Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Seude etc)

Teen pop revolution (Spice Girls, S Club etc)

Indie take over (Arctic Monkeys, Klaxons, Enemy etc)

And now it feels like Lady Ga Ga, Kei$a etc are the next trend and people are genuinely getting excited about pop music again. I'm sure it'll roll back round to rock, not sure when though?

R.

I never listen to radio and barely ever watch TV, just sports actually. (I read all my news, download all my shows and don't care for entertainment programs) I'm pretty much insulated from what's popular in music at the moment, which often shows when in conversations with other people on current music I am totally clueless of what they are talking about. It works pretty well and I recommend it to everyone. I also pretty much never go out, and that keeps me away from this all as well, but that's a bad idea and I don't recommend it to anyone.

I had actually never heard Bad Romance until April or so, when I decided to check it out on youtube because so many people were mentioning it here! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard
That's where you're wrong...again. People bitch about it constantly. Why waste time? I guess if you have nothing better to do than whine about music you don't like, knock yourself out.

Why waste time? You mean like on the internet? Wow, no ones ever asked me that before. Can i think about it before i answer please? Off the top of my head though? I think i do it cuz of the nice, witty, humorous, non-stuck up people that i meet that ask me the most profound questions, why waste time...i dunno, i'll work it out though, just gimme a little time :):):)

Amen

The pews are mostly empty Rev...still,keep passing that collection hat.

It's like the Good Lord said "fuck those that would turneth from the word and believeth not in the rapture, for on the day of reckoning it is they who shall fuck thine all" (its in there, i swear :lol:)

itt: dad rock revivalists

It's like my dear ol' Pappy used to say to me, remember who came out of whoose dick son ;)

And now it feels like Lady Ga Ga, Kei$a etc are the next trend and people are genuinely getting excited about pop music again. I'm sure it'll roll back round to rock, not sure when though?

See people like me are fucked like that though. Because by that rationale nothing of my type has been popular since the early to mid 90s and i'm starving over here, i got a right to be whining :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I like it, because it's better than the 80s music. Better production, better song, better acts, better clothes.

More money basically...y'know, what's REALLY scary though? I can imagine kids in the 80s sitting around chewing the gum out of their New Kids On The Block Trading Cards pack, going "hey i wonder what music in the year 2010 will be like? "Maaan they'll probably have like...little robot Madonnas with robot dances and crazy robot voices"...we're living an over-imaginative child of the 80ses future, thats a horrifying thought, i bet some MTV Census taker in the 80s took the result of some kids poll too seriously and the result is Lady Gaga.

I like it, because it's better than the 80s music. Better production, better song, better acts, better clothes.

More money basically...y'know, what's REALLY scary though? I can imagine kids in the 80s sitting around chewing the gum out of their New Kids On The Block Trading Cards pack, going "hey i wonder what music in the year 2010 will be like? "Maaan they'll probably have like...little robot Madonnas with robot dances and crazy robot voices"...we're living an over-imaginative child of the 80ses future, thats a horrifying thought, i bet some MTV Census taker in the 80s took the result of some kids poll too seriously and the result is Lady Gaga.

The kind of music you're railing about has always been around. I think even you acknowledged the point. But yeah, it is a little out of control now, isn't it? Like the pendulum has swung way too far.

I think what upsets me more than the likes of Justin Beiber et al. (little kids almost always suck as music acts) is how pathetic a lot of mainstream rock is, and that this is the shit that is promoted on TV. Bands like Hedley, and there are countless bands that sound like this. I mean, it's great that you guys decided to become a rock band, but have a little ambition when it comes to writing music, would ya? The bubble gum punk sound or whatever this is is total shit. Just watch this:

I think I'd kill myself if I was in this video and I then saw it.

I listened to State of Confusion by The Kinks last night. Not exactly in competition for best album ever, but it just sounds like real music written by people with some talent, not some kind of joke. Unfortunately that was 1983.

I'd say you have to blame record companies for not taking a chance and promoting some real bands, but I'm not sure that record companies do all that much promotion of anything anymore. Records do not sell and there is no station that plays music videos.

All that said, Bad Romance is pretty cool. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

You raise a lot of interesting points there guy. I think a lot of it, speaking strictly about the music here, is that...synthetic sounds just cannot express passion. They just can't and that's what's the greatest downfall of this kind of music. Keith Moon, John Bonham or some kid learning to play drums in his bedroom, they're human, they're alive, just like good music is and sometimes they play sloppy, sometimes they hit hard, sometimes they miss a beat, they go in and out of rhythm, they perhaps struggle with their instrument and thats translates into the music and give the music a life of its own whereas a drum machine just goes dum dum chee, dum dum chee, dum dum chee over and over again, there's no...passion to it. The passion and the heart has to come from the artist, basically whomever is vocalising the music and giving voice to it and if they don't have it then it's dead...and dull.

The idea of music as this living organic thing is a direct result of PROPER musicians playing their fucking music and their instruments, a bit different here, an altered solo there, played slow today, hard tommorow and sloppy the day after, it gives the songs life y'know? I'm not saying i'm against synthetic instrumentation, it has it's place but it shouldn't ever ever ever overtake instruments and proper music played by living human beings.

I mean people wonder why we don't have good musicians these days, no one has to learn their fucking trade really. The art of the road, gelling with whoever your playing with, building up that sort of...morse code where a glance at the drummer or the bass player is like...communicating something.

I'm all for technology and technological advances but not JUST to make a musicians life easier, it kind of...its cheating music, its cheating the audience, its cheating the musicians out of their right/duty to perfect a skill. I don't wanna see the day where the guitar that never goes out of tune is invented or...y'know, a piano kicks a keyboards ass up and down each and every time, it always will.

But there's a light there, just following on from what you were saying about record companies, good man, i'm happy, i wanna see them collapse, everyones all worried about 'oh no, it'll kill music, the record companies will collapse and people won't get into music cuz there's no money and glamour in it and oh what shall we do?" but that's all bullshit. Like Mick Jagger said in a recent interview, there was only really a 25 year period in which music was this glamourous money spinner y'know, from like the early 70s til now and now the tides turning back and i think its a good thing.

Record companies need to die, fake artists who do it for the money and glamour before the love of music need to die, this needs to stop being a fucking kids game. I think record companies basically decided that, OK, people from age 16 to....35 just fuckin download music now so fuck them and we'll concentrate on fuckin kids...so now you got Billy Rays cabbage and that Justin Beiber kid and the Jonestown Brothers on one end and then like...music for old housewives that ain't got the wit to figure out how a computer works and hence, all music of substance is gone.

But thats good, i like it, i like the idea of record companies fucking themselves with their own greed and gluttony, to me that's good news because as extreme as that gets, the reactions gonna be even and believe me it's in the post.

Music needs to be something you graft after again, it needs to be about blood sweat and tears and THATS where we're gonna seperate the men from the pigtail party boys, go into a fuckin bar, do 3 sets a fuckin night, get paid jackshit and live in a shithole apartment which has hot running water when it feels like it and THEN we're gonna get some good music.

And all these pampered rockstars, laying on fuckin demands, having huge backstage...whatevers, running offstage cuz they need oxygen (not mentioning any names) its like, fuck you, Jesus, how did we get here?!?!