"Paradise city" used in new Expendables trailer

gunsnmotley

You can't say you don't notice the irony that the same people who cried when anyone said Buckethead played Nightrain better than Slash are the same ones saying how much better Myles sings the GNR songs than Axl

I bet you can't find a single post where anyone has said Myles sings the GNR songs better than Axl. No one thinks that.

people like to draw lines where there might not be one, liking one thing don't mean you automatically dislike the other.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't say you don't notice the irony that the same people who cried when anyone said Buckethead played Nightrain better than Slash are the same ones saying how much better Myles sings the GNR songs than Axl

I bet you can't find a single post where anyone has said Myles sings the GNR songs better than Axl. No one thinks that.

I've seen a few people imply that Myles sings them better than the current Axl.

You for one.

Current Axl can be hit or miss. He's never been immaculate live, he has his on and off nights.

You for one.

I admitted that Myles' RQ is about as good as Axl's. Not better.

Current Axl can be hit or miss. He's never been immaculate live, he has his on and off nights.

I can agree to this, but Axl on an on-night blows Myles away.

You for one.

I admitted that Myles' RQ is about as good as Axl's. Not better.

Hell of a lot better than their Nightrains and Civil Wars.

Slash and Myles do this and SCOM better than GNR.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=165314&view=findpost&p=2690717

You know I like you Bacardi but that isnt true.

hmph

The RQ thing was post-video viewing overhype. I soon came to my senses.

Axl has never been able to sing SCOM right live, even in the 80s and 90s.

hmph

The RQ thing was post-video viewing overhype. I soon came to my senses.

Axl has never been able to sing SCOM right live, even in the 80s and 90s.

But Myles is?

I give credit where credit is due. Axl sucks a fat one on SCOM, Myles does a decent job.

Actually, i think recently-i.e 2006+ Axl's been doing a pretty good job of sweet child, and i dont think myle's tone of voice suits it at all.

I saw the glastonbury stuff on tv and its not whiney or anything, i just dont think he does that well

I know what you're saying, but what I was thinking is that I can see the Paradise City redo (or the whole Appetite for that matter) as being more "raw" than the original. With a bit of a "heavier" sound and tone to them.

"Raw" as in - "lots of synths and pro-tools" raw?