"Paradise city" used in new Expendables trailer

gunsnmotley

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest axleu

I haven't opened it yet and I'm not going to, you know, as I don't normally open it while I'm typing.

But the greatest action movie of all time was shot in 1991. And you know it.

T2?

He's wrong. John Woo's 1992's Hard boiled. Or George Miller's 1981's Mad Max 2.

I haven't opened it yet and I'm not going to, you know, as I don't normally open it while I'm typing.

But the greatest action movie of all time was shot in 1991. And you know it.

T2?

Yes, sir.

Close, but no cigar.

The best action movie of all time was released in 1987. Predator.

Seriously, go back and watch T2. Great movie, but it's more of a sci-fi action adventure flick. Predator is straight up action. T2 went cutting edge with the ILM effects, which, at the time were amazing, but don't hold up as well as Predator's more practical effects.

That having been said, T2 is still a top 5 selection.

Now... having seen the 4th Rambo movie... and Rocky Balboa for that matter... I have high hopes for The Expendables. Rambo was a brutal, violent throwback to the action genre - exactly what it should be.

What about HEAT for best action movie of all time?

^Heat is really great. Probably one of the best action movies as far as quality.

As far as action and non-stop fun, I'm a fan of Commando... and Taken is pretty damn action-packed... Also love Total Recall.

Also, Robocop I find to be a superior movie to the Terminator (and T2)... it has a lot of texture and underlying meanings and ideas...

Axl should have given them the re-recorded version for it. I would expect it to be more raw sounding and go along with the movie more.

Absolutely not, the original is iconic. One of the best known hard rock songs of the era when most of those guys were stars.

If he gave them a re-do of it people would ask who did the bad GNR cover...

I kind of agree, the song speaks to a generation when most of the cast were really big.The song is perfect as is and there is no need to touch it imo

• 5 weeks later...

Check out this awesome viral for the film (Paradise City plays at the end): http://www.youtube.com/expendables

I've never seen anything like that before. :lol:

That was possibly.....the greatest thing.....I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Sylvester Stallone is the greatest action star in the history of cinema.

Edited by HB3

This movie is going to be fucking epic.

It's gonna be offered in D Box seating, which will rip peoples fucking faces off. (if you don't know what d box seating is i suggest you look it up, i saw Inception at a d box theater and it was really rad)

Axl should have given them the re-recorded version for it. I would expect it to be more raw sounding and go along with the movie more.

Absolutely not, the original is iconic. One of the best known hard rock songs of the era when most of those guys were stars.

Oh shut up.

why should they? makes a good point...people prefer the original cuz thats what defines the song. any redo or cover never matches up, WITH ANY SONG.

Oh shut up.

why should they? makes a good point...people prefer the original cuz thats what defines the song. any redo or cover never matches up, WITH ANY SONG.

bullshit what about Cats in the cradle, all along the watch tower, knockin' on heaven's door, like a rolling stone?

please think before posting.......

Cats In The Cradle cover is awful.