hanoi rocks '83

dizzzzzzy

uhh.. No.

In case you didn't know, "don't cry" isn't very orginal.

There are literary thousands of songs like "don't cry", and this is not one of the most similar.

try with "house of the rising sun" instead :lol:

uhh.. No.

In case you didn't know, "don't cry" isn't very orginal.

There are literary thousands of songs like "don't cry", and this is not one of the most similar.

try with "house of the rising sun" instead :lol:

I think what you are trying to say is that there is nothing new under teh sun which is prolly true. the chord progrssion does seem similar is HORS.

but the intro in the live version of the Hanoi Rocks song was has the chord progression with similar phrading and the base line.

Even some of th lyrics bare a resemblance to "cheyenne"

"I dont want to hurt you I don't want you to cry tonight?"

Listen to the wailing choir like backing vocals, and like Lines&Noses pointed out, the chords & the bass, especially from 0:18 on to the end of the intro. And there's an Axl-style (for lack of a better word) hiss at 0:30 too.

And Hanoi Rocks was a big influence on GN'R too, like Axl has pointed out many times. This is pretty obvious.

I think the lawsuit was actually in 2000 but I've never found any evidence that the song they ripped off actually exists.

The guitar tone in that intro is similar to the '86 demo of Don't Cry but it's not the same riff.

Sounds very like it especially the lead guitar bits over near the end of that bit has the bluesy effect of slashs solo. It's no big deal and nothing to get defensive about. Guns were huge fans of theirs.

Edited by NEU-YORK