Why has Axl always had terrible sound guys?

Stro

Seriously, I've never heard of a band, let alone a band as massive as GNR, that has had such frequent sound issues at their shows. Every single show you need to worry about whether or not Axl won't be able to hear himself, or if you'll be able to hear him, or if someone's amp won't work, and on and on. This has been going on since the UYI tour, but has been much more pronounced since the very first Chinese Democracy World Tour. Why the hell hasn't Axl at least hired someone who can get their shit together and not ruin shows for fans that rarely get to see the band anyway? I've never been able to figure out why GNR has so many sound issues when you rarely hear about shows being ruined from any other band at their level.

Cuz Axl won't rehearse. It's his own fault.

It has nothing to do with Axl rehearsing or not. The guy knows the material and how to sing it. We never see Axl fuck up. I already explained the problems with the sound in my last post.

I've seen videos where he's fucked up. Indiana in 91 during Coma for example. No biggie though. He's human too

Guest gunns5

It has nothing to do with Axl rehearsing or not. The guy knows the material and how to sing it. We never see Axl fuck up. I already explained the problems with the sound in my last post.

I've seen videos where he's fucked up. Indiana in 91 during Coma for example. No biggie though. He's human too

or patience from RIR06

Of course it does. Any sound issues could be ironed out during rehearsals if Axl bothered with them. The unnecessary wall of guitar players, synth etc probably doesn't help much either.

your points are all valid , yet it doesnt change the fact doing a soundcheck would help greatly , not just anyone but the actual vocalist ... mic technique projection etc ..... and all good soundmen/woman understand the sound is going to change once the house is full and respond accordingly

Agreed. Obviously it would be a good idea for the vocalist to be present at soundcheck.

Coma Wasnt played at Indiana In 91. you Mean Chicago?

Last time I saw them in '06 there were no major problems with the sound. There might have been a couple of songs where the vocals could have been louder but nothing major, I thought it sounded great. And everyone should know by now that if Axl doesnt want to do a soundcheck then he aint gonna do it.

Seriously, I've never heard of a band, let alone a band as massive as GNR, that has had such frequent sound issues at their shows. Every single show you need to worry about whether or not Axl won't be able to hear himself, or if you'll be able to hear him, or if someone's amp won't work, and on and on. This has been going on since the UYI tour, but has been much more pronounced since the very first Chinese Democracy World Tour. Why the hell hasn't Axl at least hired someone who can get their shit together and not ruin shows for fans that rarely get to see the band anyway? I've never been able to figure out why GNR has so many sound issues when you rarely hear about shows being ruined from any other band at their level.

Yeah, they should hire other sound engineers.