Press about UK Cancellations

realpoti

My theory was that Axl indeed cancelled the tour and the GNR camp is trying to make him change his mind, and said that his Twitter was hacked to get more time. This is very plausible.

But...

A simple detail that may change everything. ALL the Axl's tweet were made via Twitter for iPhone, except the very last one, which was tweeted via mobile web.

This wouldnt have gotten nearly as out of hand as it did if you wouldnt have posted on the newswire that GNR officially cancelled all dates when there was no confirmation.

It's been so long, they probably don't remember the password for that either.

heh Silly N0obs xD

My theory was that Axl indeed cancelled the tour and the GNR camp is trying to make him change his mind, and said that his Twitter was hacked to get more time. This is very plausible.

But...

A simple detail that may change everything. ALL the Axl's tweet were made via Twitter for iPhone, except the very last one, which was tweeted via mobile web.

This actually seems like a plausible theory. You never know what to believe with GNR. It would only take someone saying the wrong thing to Axl for him to cancel the rest of the tour and go home.

Yet its funny that DJ, had tweeted along the same time that he and Axl were still in Rapid City buying guns.lol and would be goin home (tcali shortly)..

But...

This actually seems like a plausible theory. You never know what to believe with GNR. It would only take someone saying the wrong thing to Axl for him to cancel the rest of the tour and go home.

Yet its funny that DJ, had tweeted along the same time that he and Axl were still in Rapid City buying guns.lol and would be goin home (tcali shortly)..

Dj and Axl buying guns is evidence showing that someone did hack or crack, whatever, Axls account.

Axl wouldnt just go cancel a tour (for no reason) and buy guns in the same city as ur last show with ur lead guitarist!

Why in the world is the tweet about cancelled shows still on Axl's twitter? That is only adding to the madness.

The account was hacked. It's not easy to log into a hacked account.

It's Axl Rose and the Gn'R camp. They should be able to tell Twitter "Hey, Axl's account got hacked. Open it back up so we can change the password."

:shrugs:

It is the weekend. Twitter likely can't fix it til tomorrow... Also, the reason the tweet hasn't been deleted is if the hacker is still in control of Axl's account... Then I'm willing to bet that he/she has changed the password and credentials. Give it time Gunners. Don't give up on GNR yet!!!

Axl has done a 180 since this tour started in 2009. He hasn't done anything to ruin the fan perspective of him. Diehards know what I'm talkin' bout!!!

If it's hacked, Twitter is slow about fixing things. Could take a couple days.

They're not like Google or Yahoo - they don't have "offices" of people standing by to help.

It's still just a few people running it, keeping it up and hoping to sell it and run to the bank!

Edited by DizzyReed63

Alright, it seems people are having trouble reading and understanding the news section, so I'll copy-paste it here and put it in nice big font so everyone can see it properly.

UPDATE: DATE: August 15th/2010 6:37PM

TEXT:

6:15PM Sunday August 15th

Got a call form the GNR camp, according to them no dates are cancelled.

They said there was a password issue with Axl's twitter and are looking into getting this fixed and removing the message.

As for the previous post's content. There was absolutely no mention about bumblefoot having left the band .

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=166899

There, I even made the most important part in italics and underlined it or the feeble minded.

And why the fuck are people blasting GunsGuy for posting the news about the tweet, in the news section? Sure I understand there are mixed feelings about him, but fuck off people. He posted ligit news, even though it turns out there is no cancelation of the tour. It's currently a developing story right now that involves Axl's twitter account getting hacked and at the time there was not a fucking reason not to post it. Twitter is a verifiable source, I mean what the fuck would you expect him to do as a news reporter, simply think to himself "Oh wait, I better not report that, just in case someone hacked his account or it's all a bad dream". ???

A8R

If it's hacked, Twitter is slow about fixing things. Could take a couple days.

They're not like Google or Yahoo - they don't have "offices" of people standing by to help.

It's still just a few people running it, keeping it up and hoping to sell it and run to the bank!

This.

Edited by Allen8R

I believe there is a very strong change that this is the real answer.

Hopefully it IS a hacked account and the tour does go ahead without issues!!

Axl needs to get over Stephanie though, it wasn't too hard to crack the password S3ymour....

LP