more than 5 million GNR facebookers

STARABOSTES

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that Axl turned in 30 finalized tracks to the record company in April of 2008.

As far as a release date, album title, song titles & singles for the next album ... there have been a lot of rumors.

Ax hasn't publicly announced anything yet, but Dj, Dizzy and Beta have all confirmed that an album is on the horizon, possibly in late-November, but more likely next year.

I read that Axl turned in 30 finalized tracks to the record company in April of 2008.

As far as a release date, album title, song titles & singles for the next album ... there have been a lot of rumors.

Ax hasn't publicly announced anything yet, but Dj, Dizzy and Beta have all confirmed that an album is on the horizon, possibly in late-November, but more likely next year.

DJ and dizzy said their comments were taken out of context, they hope to be working on a new album - what did Beta say?

GnrR was voted #5 band of all times by myspace....just read it because AC/DC werer bragging about being No. 1 :) All in all a pretty decent list, kind of surprising that Guns beat Metallica and U2!!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/music/australias-acdc-named-best-band-in-the-world-by-myspace/story-e6freqgx-1225935430066

I am really happy with this tour going so well....everything seems right this time!!

nice find! really cool!

Top Ten Bands

1 AC/DC

2 Nirvana

3 Red Hot Chilli Peppers

4 Beatles

5 Guns N Roses

6 Coldplay

7 Queen

8 Metallica

9 U2

10 Led Zeppelin

but, what is really interested is that here http://www.myspace.com/aussiehub/music/playlists/top-bands-1322575

you can see that the song with most plays is November Rain!

all n' all I like the list, not so shore on Coldplay. and, were are The Sex Pistols, I mean.. you know?! but hey, it's Myspace.

anyway, a really cool - fact - that is, GNR were voted on internet, by people who are well informed on who is not or in the band, who know about Chinese Democracy, who know how the tour is going for GNR. So, as I said they are big again, and they could be even bigger if just release some videos - they could even just pick a few from YouTube... B)

Edited by roua gri

GnrR was voted #5 band of all times by myspace....just read it because AC/DC werer bragging about being No. 1 :) All in all a pretty decent list, kind of surprising that Guns beat Metallica and U2!!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/music/australias-acdc-named-best-band-in-the-world-by-myspace/story-e6freqgx-1225935430066

I am really happy with this tour going so well....everything seems right this time!!

nice find! really cool!

Top Ten Bands

1 AC/DC

2 Nirvana

3 Red Hot Chilli Peppers

4 Beatles

5 Guns N Roses

6 Coldplay

7 Queen

8 Metallica

9 U2

10 Led Zeppelin

but, what is really interested is that here http://www.myspace.com/aussiehub/music/playlists/top-bands-1322575

you can see that the song with most plays is November Rain!

all n' all I like the list, not so shore on Coldplay. and, were are The Sex Pistols, I mean.. you know?! but hey, it's Myspace.

anyway, a really cool - fact - that is, GNR were voted on internet, by people who are well informed on who is not or in the band, who know about Chinese Democracy, who know how the tour is going for GNR. So, as I said they are big again, and they could be even bigger if just release some videos - they could even just pick a few from YouTube... B)

As much as I love the new band, they're not on that list because of Chinese Democracy. They're on there because of their legacy, new GN'R haven't been voted the 5th greatest band in the world. Guns N Roses are regularly on lists like this, it's nothing to do with them being 'big again'.

Man, the op is obsessed with GNR and social networking sites. :shrugs: If you like a band, does popular opinion really matter that much?

:rofl-lol:

and you are saying this were? isn't this a social networking site?

perhaps is my professional formation, that makes me get the facts right, before express an opinion.

I'm interested in any type of information that can be use to create an reality, so, I getter facts, solid once and meaningful to do that.

you don't see me care about what types of shoes Axl is wearing, or discuss in any of my post how does he or anybody else from the band looks like, do you?

It is important for you to understand that, GNR is meaningful outside this site, and, as far a popular opinion can be measured, Facebook and Myspace and others types of such sites ar indicators/marks to take into consideration when forming an opinion on who is GNR perceived by the general public.

Also, other source is the attendance that GNR has in this last tour - 2009/2010, which comes after the release of Chinese Democracy, and there fore, if you have just a little common sense, you'll have to admit that GNR are again at the top of their game. Shore will take into consideration that maybe 5% of the attendance are there just to convince themselves that they are right in not liking GNR today, but, for shore that 98% know, before going to the show, who is and who isn't in GNR nowdays!

So, as much as reunionists would like not to take this facts into consideration, they are here, and I'm making shore that people see them! because, otherwise, will still have the same old talk, based on half truth and half facts, and 100% on personal opinion, which would be fine for one self to convince himself that he is right, but is far from satisfying when debating! B)

and by the way, there are only 15000 to go to make the 3mil

Edited by roua gri

Man, the op is obsessed with GNR and social networking sites. :shrugs: If you like a band, does popular opinion really matter that much?

perhaps is my professional formation, that makes me get the facts right, before express an opinion.

I'm interested in any type of information that can be use to create an reality, so, I getter facts, solid once and meaningful to do that.

you don't see me care about what types of shoes Axl is wearing, or discuss in any of my post how does he or anybody else from the band looks like, do you?

It is important for you to understand that, GNR is meaningful outside this site, and, as far a popular opinion can be measured, Facebook and Myspace and others types of such sites ar indicators/marks to take into consideration when forming an opinion on who is GNR perceived by the general public.

Also, other source is the attendance that GNR has in this last tour - 2009/2010, which comes after the release of Chinese Democracy, and there fore, if you have just a little common sense, you'll have to admit that GNR are again at the top of their game. Shore will take into consideration that maybe 5% of the attendance are there just to convince themselves that they are right in not liking GNR today, but, for shore that 98% know, before going to the show, who is and who isn't in GNR nowdays!

So, as much as reunionists would like not to take this facts into consideration, they are here, and I'm making shore that people see them! because, otherwise, will still have the same old talk, based on half truth and half facts, and 100% on personal opinion, which would be fine for one self to convince himself that he is right, but is far from satisfying when debating! B)

Ugh, If you like the music, and you like the band, then who gives a shit about anything else. That's all I said. lol You seem a bit obsessed. Chill bro, chill.

Ugh, If you like the music, and you like the band, then who gives a shit about anything else. That's all I said. lol You seem a bit obsessed. Chill bro, chill.

:rofl-lol: your so funny! I really like you, as you love me! I am chilled. should I not response to you? wouldn't that make me an twat? if you don't like to discuss it, that's fine with me. is this because what I wrote in you topic about TIL, right? well :shrugs:

let's have fun, and not be bitter! :D

:rofl-lol: your so funny! I really like you, as you love me! I am chilled. should I not response to you? wouldn't that make me an twat? if you don't like to discuss it, that's fine with me. is this because what I wrote in you topic about TIL, right? well :shrugs:

let's have fun, and not be bitter! :D

nah, it's fine, you're just very zealous. Which is ok, :thumbsup:

damn, pretty soon the countdown to 4 mill. will have to begin.

:rofl-lol: as I said before, you are funny! :) if you were sarcastic. but still, doing that, you'd gave this topic a new front line view, which is grate! :thumbsup: so the flock can see, and follow!

probably in about 10-15 days... to answer to your post, anyway.

Edited by roua gri

• 4 weeks later...

damn, pretty soon the countdown to 4 mill. will have to begin.

:rofl-lol: as I said before, you are funny! :) if you were sarcastic. but still, doing that, you'd gave this topic a new front line view, which is grate! :thumbsup: so the flock can see, and follow!

probably in about 10-15 days... to answer to your post, anyway.

and I was right about - now!

Happy 235th Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!

And thank you for the liberties you afford the WORLD. like the one to write on somebody’s Facebook page.

You get that freedom until you act like a little kid cuz you can’t milk off your mommy any more. Like it, hate it, don’t give a fuck about it – it is what it is and you CAN say what you want. But take lil pussy jabs on your keyboard at people you’ve never met cuz they’re progressing GNR, moving on in life.

Guess what – you violated that liberty and your ass will be denied. It’s that simple.Lots of folks enjoy what ever these social websites/media offer and we’ll do our best to support them and keep it real. But for the few little hacks that pop up – go ahead make our fuck’n day! In the spirit of that military phrase – "Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!" – we will bounce your ass-face! So fly that US FLAG as we celebrate Veteran's Day for the great people that defend our liberties and GOD BLESS AMERICA! peace out G N"R

Happy 235th Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!

And thank you for the liberties you afford the WORLD. like the one to write on somebody’s Facebook page.

You get that freedom until you act like a little kid cuz you can’t milk off your mommy any more. Like it, hate it, don’t give a fuck about it – it is what it is and you CAN say what you want. But take lil pussy jabs on your keyboard at people you’ve never met cuz they’re progressing GNR, moving on in life.

Guess what – you violated that liberty and your ass will be denied. It’s that simple.Lots of folks enjoy what ever these social websites/media offer and we’ll do our best to support them and keep it real. But for the few little hacks that pop up – go ahead make our fuck’n day! In the spirit of that military phrase – "Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!" – we will bounce your ass-face! So fly that US FLAG as we celebrate Veteran's Day for the great people that defend our liberties and GOD BLESS AMERICA! peace out G N"R

nice! thanks for posting it here.

• 4 weeks later...

" hey my peeps! " as Tommy Stinson puts it.

so yeah, another month passed by, exactly one since the last update of this topic,

and now GNR have more than 5 mil. Facebook fans.

and if one of you asks so what?

well let me tell you, that it matters, as U2 - the best band in the world (a band I like by the way) in the last years,

has just a little more than 6 mil. so...

but thats just another aspect.

my first point is that, through this thread, all you naysayers can see how, in the last past months GNR grown bigger and bigger as fan base, and to keep telling your selfs that GNR now are not as big as they use to be, is just a self-induce illusion you wish to perpetrate on your selfs just so you can justify your youth for cry, since the evidence is here!

piss in and peace out!

cheers

" hey my peeps! " as Tommy Stinson puts it.

so yeah, another month passed by, exactly one since the last update of this topic,

and now GNR have more than 5 mil. Facebook fans.

and if one of you asks so what?

well let me tell you, that it matters, as U2 - the best band in the world (a band I like by the way) in the last years,

has just a little more than 6 mil. so...

but thats just another aspect.

my first point is that, through this thread, all you naysayers can see how, in the last past months GNR grown bigger and bigger as fan base, and to keep telling your selfs that GNR now are not as big as they use to be, is just a self-induce illusion you wish to perpetrate on your selfs just so you can justify your youth for cry, since the evidence is here!

piss in and peace out!

cheers

but the point you're trying to prove is full of holes. if anything this only proves the point that this band needs an identity separate from Guns N' Roses, because there isn't any way of telling what band these people are really "liking". The majority of them could just as easily be fans of Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy, but theres literally no way of finding out for sure, its the exact same band name. You're basing this argument on the fact all these "likes" occurred recently, well, facebook likes for artists dead and gone continue to rise as well, it doesn't really mean anything other than somebody who was already a fan of said artist stumbled upon their page and clicked the "like" button. whoopdy fuckin doo

You can't possibly gauge the popularity for this band because it shares the same name as ONE OF THE BIGGEST BANDS OF ALL TIME, and you wonder why there's this controversy and these "naysayers"

and yes, 86-93 GNR was one of the biggest bands ever. This band touring right now doesn't even come close, and if you seriously think they do then you sir are the one with the self induced illusion

Edited by sweetness

Think of GNR from 1999 and on as a new band working their way up the music business. Axl literaly started everything from scratch. You have to respect that.

Much respect for that, and for getting this far pretty much on his own. Between the facebook numbers and the tour's progress it proves he's not dead and buried, infact far from it.

But at the same time I doubt 5 million people joined because of Robin or Frank, or CD for that matter. At parties or bars I've been, people light up when GNR comes on, but the GNR that comes on and lights up people is not Better or Catcher...