more than 5 million GNR facebookers

STARABOSTES

" hey my peeps! " as Tommy Stinson puts it.

so yeah, another month passed by, exactly one since the last update of this topic,

and now GNR have more than 5 mil. Facebook fans.

and if one of you asks so what?

well let me tell you, that it matters, as U2 - the best band in the world (a band I like by the way) in the last years,

has just a little more than 6 mil. so...

but thats just another aspect.

my first point is that, through this thread, all you naysayers can see how, in the last past months GNR grown bigger and bigger as fan base, and to keep telling your selfs that GNR now are not as big as they use to be, is just a self-induce illusion you wish to perpetrate on your selfs just so you can justify your youth for cry, since the evidence is here!

piss in and peace out!

cheers

im surprised U2 only has 6 million....

it's probably because you have to pay $500.00 to "like" them on facebook....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of GNR from 1999 and on as a new band working their way up the music business. Axl literaly started everything from scratch. You have to respect that.

it'd be much more respectable if he actually started from scratch, we're supposed to believe this is some kind of continuation of GNR... like GNR never broke up and is still going strong... how fucking stupid do you have to be to actually believe that?

nobody believes that. it's just a band, no one cares that much if the music is good. also it's none of our business in a way. we feel somekind of responsiblity to it but really it's not our problem.

is failbook a better a gauge of popularity than record sales now?

so yeah, another month passed by, exactly one since the last update of this topic,

well let me tell you, that it matters, as U2 - the best band in the world (a band I like by the way) in the last years,

my first point is that, through this thread, all you naysayers can see how, in the last past months GNR grown bigger and bigger as fan base, and to keep telling your selfs that GNR now are not as big as they use to be, is just a self-induce illusion you wish to perpetrate on your selfs just so you can justify your youth for cry, since the evidence is here!

piss in and peace out!

cheers

but the point you're trying to prove is full of holes. if anything this only proves the point that this band needs an identity separate from Guns N' Roses, because there isn't any way of telling what band these people are really "liking". The majority of them could just as easily be fans of Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy, but theres literally no way of finding out for sure, its the exact same band name. You're basing this argument on the fact all these "likes" occurred recently, well, facebook likes for artists dead and gone continue to rise as well, it doesn't really mean anything other than somebody who was already a fan of said artist stumbled upon their page and clicked the "like" button. whoopdy fuckin doo

You can't possibly gauge the popularity for this band because it shares the same name as ONE OF THE BIGGEST BANDS OF ALL TIME, and you wonder why there's this controversy and these "naysayers"

and yes, 86-93 GNR was one of the biggest bands ever. This band touring right now doesn't even come close, and if you seriously think they do then you sir are the one with the self induced illusion

you're weird.

nobody believes that. it's just a band, no one cares that much if the music is good. also it's none of our business in a way. we feel somekind of responsiblity to it but really it's not our problem.

is failbook a better a gauge of popularity than record sales now?

No but its a gauge of popularity for sure.

as i live in vancouver canada, i will never see axl live in this town again i assume. I agree they are not the mega rock act of 86-93, but i have NOT been to a show ( and have not therefore complained about setlists ever..lol ) but have a feeling that for the hundreds of thousands who have seen them in concert this year might disagree that they arent every bit as big and powerful for the 2 hours + they got to see them

piss in and peace out!

cheers

but the point you're trying to prove is full of holes. if anything this only proves the point that this band needs an identity separate from Guns N' Roses, because there isn't any way of telling what band these people are really "liking". The majority of them could just as easily be fans of Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy, but theres literally no way of finding out for sure, its the exact same band name. You're basing this argument on the fact all these "likes" occurred recently, well, facebook likes for artists dead and gone continue to rise as well, it doesn't really mean anything other than somebody who was already a fan of said artist stumbled upon their page and clicked the "like" button. whoopdy fuckin doo

You can't possibly gauge the popularity for this band because it shares the same name as ONE OF THE BIGGEST BANDS OF ALL TIME, and you wonder why there's this controversy and these "naysayers"

and yes, 86-93 GNR was one of the biggest bands ever. This band touring right now doesn't even come close, and if you seriously think they do then you sir are the one with the self induced illusion

you're weird.

piss in and peace out!

cheers

you're weird.

i know i am, what about it?

piss in and peace out!

cheers

Wow! Did Tommy really say that? That's weak. :(

piss in and peace out!

cheers

Good post, as always.

piss in and peace out!

cheers

Good post, as always.

no.

and my point it's also proven by your 2 comments, as they are just 2!!!! or even if there would be like 20, still!!!!!!

'cause what your mummy didn't tell ya is that the year is 2010, and folks who use internet, the majority, as u also, know who is and it isn't in the band, or are you so diluted to think that the ones who make the effort in going to GNR Facebook will be so damn stupid, like the 2 of you, and not read who is in the band, especially since it's being posted there? and are so brain dead to not even read the comments, well at lest some of them, posted by the people who like GNR on Facebook to see how happy they were by seeing GNR live in 2010!!!????

anyway, it's good that you guys took the bite and assumed the role of the naysayers.

shouldn't you like start a different thread were you could all meat and put out all your frustrations with GNR?

wouldn't that make you more visible, in, let's say Axl's eyes I guess - not shore what do you all want with your posts - and so he will definitely be convince by your solid arguments and will do what you want?!?!

cheers mates, hope you'll find what you are looking for, not that you really know what it is...

Edited by roua gri

and my point it's also proven by your 2 comments, as they are just 2!!!! or even if there would be like 20, still!!!!!!

'cause what your mummy didn't tell ya is that the year is 2010, and folks who use internet, the majority, as u also, know who is and it isn't in the band, or are you so diluted to think that the ones who make the effort in going to GNR Facebook will be so damn stupid, like the 2 of you, and not read who is in the band, especially since it's being posted there? and are so brain dead to not even read the comments, well at lest some of them, posted by the people who like GNR on Facebook to see how happy they were by seeing GNR live in 2010!!!????

It doesn't matter whether or not they're aware of who is in the band, everyone knows the original lineup isn't together. All I'm saying is that the amount of facebook "likes" is a pretty weak method of measuring how much popularity post-Slash GNR has gained when they're attached to the exact same brand name... the one that includes Slash.. Is that really so unreasonable?

For example, you know where I stand on this issue, and I myself "like" the Guns N' Roses page on facebook. You see what I mean?

It doesn't matter whether or not they're aware of who is in the band, everyone knows the original lineup isn't together. All I'm saying is that the amount of facebook "likes" is a pretty weak method of measuring how much popularity post-Slash GNR has gained when they're attached to the exact same brand name... the one that includes Slash.. Is that really so unreasonable?

For example, you know where I stand on this issue, and I myself "like" the Guns N' Roses page on facebook. You see what I mean?

ok. let me help you out a little... I got to know GNR in "their prime" if you like. I really dig all of it's members then!!! as I liked each one of the rockers who had contribute to GNR songs (remember in UYI we have guests) as also I like the guys which became members even for a short period. I respect each one of them, with one exception - you know who - because he crated all this debate by acting like a primadona, but I never take from the man what he did in GNR music.

so for me, and the rest of the reasonable people - I guess - like GNR as a whole and not just some aspects of it, so that's why my point is valid, because I don't see GNR now in any way different that I sow it back then, because it's about the music man, remember? it's about the music, and I like Chinese Democracy best. as always my likes on GNR released songs it's from old to new, as I see an improvement and a different approach in each one of the albums, yeas even in Spaghetti Incident (liked that album a lot when it came out, and kept listening to it for years to come) and as I didn't find anything weird about it then, and liked it, that's how I feel Chinese Democracy, and from my perspective this is the best album GNR had yet released, because this is how I see GNR sound, each new song or album will be better then the previous. so yes, I know what and who were the guys which made first GNR sound, but since they are no more in the band, what else is there to do, but to have a kind thought towards them, even for the one I no longer respect, and wish them all the best.

piss out peace in man!

and, for the record, I don't have a Facebook account, and never will.

I agree with the axl-haters. Only about 50 people who liked the page are fans of the new band. About 2 million of them are people who don't know that Slash isn't in the band anymore. And the other 3 million only like the old band. Without Slash's greatness, axl will never accomplish anything positive in life. Ever.

(Yes that was sarcasm. Axl could cure cancer and people on this forum would still find a way to bash him for it, and proclaim it was all slash's idea).

I agree with the axl-haters. Only about 50 people who liked the page are fans of the new band. About 2 million of them are people who don't know that Slash isn't in the band anymore. And the other 3 million only like the old band. Without Slash's greatness, axl will never accomplish anything positive in life. Ever.

(Yes that was sarcasm. Axl could cure cancer and people on this forum would still find a way to bash him for it, and proclaim it was all slash's idea).

:rofl-lol: dude you are so cool.. I know fore whom you felt like adding (...) and with that you really got me laughing really hard!

cheers mate for a good laughter! :thumbsup:

Edited by roua gri

• 2 months later...

for a band so inactive... one most wonder, what is up with facebook people?

why do they like GNR?

is it trendy?

or it's just pure accident... even though a band so opposite in action,

such as U2 for example has around 7.2 mil.

and now GNR has 6.4 mil.

why is that?

ha?! punk!?

could it be the music? nah.

yeah I know they are about old GNR tunes, but still here they are, and they still like GNR.

do you imagine the amount of people following now, that they would follow Axl's band the same way?

and just to put some salt in there, wasn't from the start what GNR was about, that is - GNR was Axl's band? ha?

or do you thing it's an accident the fact that GNR was for so long and still is Axl's?

it is because he identify mostly with the concept,

which, again, I may remind you, he invented it. just saying. B)

Edited by STARABOSTES

why do they like GNR?

is it trendy?

and now GNR has 6.4 mil.

why is that?

ha?! punk!?

yeah I know they are about old GNR tunes, but still here they are, and they still like GNR.

do you imagine the amount of people following now, that they would follow Axl's band the same way?

and just to put some salt in there, wasn't from the start what GNR was about, that is - GNR was Axl's band? ha?

or do you thing it's an accident the fact that GNR was for so long and still is Axl's?

GNR are the greatest band in the world still in 2011 that is a fact.

Sigh... opinion, not fact.

why do they like GNR?

is it trendy?

and now GNR has 6.4 mil.

why is that?

ha?! punk!?

GNR's been touring an album for 10 years... they have, in the book become a nostalgia act... they merely play the new songs and they have to play the old classics hits to keep the energy going, just like another 80's band

but hey if that translates for you in the greates rock band... well try keeping a bit away form facebook from time to time

why do they like GNR?

is it trendy?

and now GNR has 6.4 mil.

why is that?

ha?! punk!?

GNR's been touring an album for 10 years... they have, in the book become a nostalgia act... they merely play the new songs and they have to play the old classics hits to keep the energy going, just like another 80's band

but hey if that translates for you in the greates rock band... well try keeping a bit away form facebook from time to time

here is an 80's band for you... http://www.facebook.com/MotleyCrue and see they have what? 800.000 people.

and... http://www.facebook.com/Poison with 200.000 people.

and just so you know, rock bands that are extremely popular these days like Kings of Leon http://www.facebook.com/KingsOfLeon?v=app_178091127385 have just more than 7 mil. or Muse (which I like)

http://www.facebook.com/muse have about 8.3mil

and http://www.facebook.com/Nickelback?v=app_5179614317

whom last album, which came out in the same time with Chinese Democracy sold way more units and stood in the charts for so long, have just 6.6 mil likes on Facebook.

and the best selling artists of 2010 in concert that is http://www.facebook.com/BonJovi have just more than 9.2 mil

\

so, are you for real?

Edited by STARABOSTES