Who the fuck does Axl Rose think he is?

Marky

Yes I have been to a Guns N Roses, and it made me fucking sad to see at least 25% of the arena empty before even halfway through the set, because of the late start. And QOTSA finished at 8:45, and don't give it 'well they have a complicated stage setup so meeeerrrrrr', PLEASE! Do me a fucking favour. AN HOUR LATE MEANS THEY WERE READY TO GO ON AT 9:30. Do me a fucking favour. Doing this at a festival which could lose it's bloody license, is simply fucked up.

lol. I find it both funny and amusing that every so often a thread like this will pop up with someone whining about Axl going on stage late. It's been that way for over two decades bro. Either come to terms with it, or stalk up and kleenex to wipe your tears when you cry about an hour long wait if you choose to go to another show.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, apologies if there is a similar topic about this in this section right now, the server is falling apart at the seams and I can't really read anything, or check if there are other topics on this.

Let me summarise:

GNR have gone onstage about an hour/an hour and a half late at Reading. One of the most respected, loved festivals in the world, EVER. Axl Rose is not, has never been, and will never be bigger than Reading, Leeds, or indeed Glastonbury, V, T, Coachella, or any music festival, anywhere. The biggest acts in the world couldn't demand something as ridiculous as turning up way later than advertised. The Rolling Stones, U2, even if the Beatles got back together (and out of their coffins), they couldn't make such a demand. It serves Axl right that the crowd are booing every song, which is only right. That crowd have stood there all day, in the rain and mud, and it's now VERY fucking cold, and they're being made to wait, for what? An ego. An overblown, inflated ego. Guns N Roses haven't been relevant for years (No, Chinese Democracy is not relevant in today's world, for those of you furiously defending the album. I love it, but popular, it is now.) This was Axl's ONE chance to show the world that actually, he can lead and orchestrate a succesful new incarnation of this band. If he'd shown up ontime, he could've blown the fucking roof off the joint. But no, because he thinks he's King, he can do as he please.

As for all you idiots stating 'Pfft, all the fucking indie kids at Reading obviously don't know a good show when they see one'. Reading is a ROCK festival. And the fact that Lostprophets, Biffy Clyro, QOTSA and more, can show up, rock the whole festival, and SHOW UP ON TIME, just makes GNR seem even more of a ball ache. The crowd know a good show when they see one, and they know that GNR aren't one.

Seriously, I've grown the accept GNR's shortcomings, but this takes the fucking piss. And before you all retort with 'Don't let the door hit you on the way out' or 'If you don't like it, fuck off', this is a FAN FORUM, and the DISCUSSION section of that forum. I'm allowed to have my opinion, of which many of you I'm sure will agree with. If all we're allowed to do is praise and arselick that band/singer, then it isn't a forum, it's a mockery. I'm raising my very valid thoughts, and my fucking frustration with a band who have no respect for their fanbase. I rarely post in this section, my main haunts are the AG sections, so it's not like I'm losing out by not posting in here anyway.

But I am done with this band. I won't buy future albums/gig tickets, and I simply don't care. I'm tired, and overall, dissapointed. What a fucking piss take of a band!

cry%20baby.jpg

On a side note, does anyone know why Axl is always involved in so many lawsuits? It's just something I was thinking about last night.

Because he's a drama queen and brings it upon himself. Their are bigger bands and bigger stars that don't have this many lawsuits combined. Dude thrives on the controversy. Everyone is "Out ta get Me" mentality is what he has. It was kinda cool back in the day, but now that he's 50, it's kinda a sad joke now. He fakes it and forces it....it's so obvious. I guarantee he rehearses the 'lets have technical issues' etc....

On a side note, does anyone know why Axl is always involved in so many lawsuits? It's just something I was thinking about last night.

Because he's a drama queen and brings it upon himself. Their are bigger bands and bigger stars that don't have this many lawsuits combined. Dude thrives on the controversy. Everyone is "Out ta get Me" mentality is what he has. It was kinda cool back in the day, but now that he's 50, it's kinda a sad joke now. He fakes it and forces it....it's so obvious. I guarantee he rehearses the 'lets have technical issues' etc....

BBA?!

This was the whole BAND saying FUCK YOU to the promoter.

The whole band....LOL. It was Axl. The 'band' coulda said lets go on late and say eff you to promoter, but if Axl woulda told them no, lets go and play on time and for 2 hours they would have done so with a smile. The 'band' does whatever Axl tells them. That's why they are all his employees. Trust me, Tommy or DJ or whoever have zero say on when they hit stage or for how long. Don't give me 'the whole band" did it. The 'band' is so effing happy to have jobs and careers riding Axl's coattails. They will do exactly as told.

Edited by Snowmass

The whole band....LOL. It was Axl. The 'band' coulda said lets go on late and say eff you to promoter, but if Axl woulda told them no, lets go and play on time and for 2 hours they would have done so with a smile. The 'band' does whatever Axl tells them. That's why they are all his employees. Trust me, Tommy or DJ or whoever have zero say on when they hit stage or for how long. Don't give me 'the whole band" did it. The 'band' is so effing happy to have jobs and careers riding Axl's coattails. They will do exactly as told.

Pretty much..

Snowmass, you seem to neglect the fact that they all came on to play, and tried to play no less.

Were you even there?

Nope, not there. But, point is the 'band' is hired and does as told. They all came to play cause that was as instructed from Axl. They came on late as instructed, played acoustic as instructed and left when instructed. No 'audibles' or winging it was involved. Axl is the boss, they follow the lead. If it was a true 'band' the (what, 10 others?) would outvote Axl and say we're going on as scheduled on time. But that is not the case, it's Axls way or highway.

i love how you act like it's just this new band. It's always been this way. Every era of GNR was like this. Axl just makes the decisions of the band, because he's the bands leader. Just like in a sports team, they have a leader on the team that calls the shots. Doesn't mean they're any less of a team.

i love how you act like it's just this new band. It's always been this way. Every era of GNR was like this. Axl just makes the decisions of the band, because he's the bands leader. Just like in a sports team, they have a leader on the team that calls the shots. Doesn't mean they're any less of a team.

No; It wasn't always like this; but this is the reason why Axl is the only guy who made Appetite left.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Snowmass, you seem to neglect the fact that they all came on to play, and tried to play no less.

Were you even there?

Nope, not there. But, point is the 'band' is hired and does as told. They all came to play cause that was as instructed from Axl. They came on late as instructed, played acoustic as instructed and left when instructed. No 'audibles' or winging it was involved. Axl is the boss, they follow the lead. If it was a true 'band' the (what, 10 others?) would outvote Axl and say we're going on as scheduled on time. But that is not the case, it's Axls way or highway.

Stop trolling son.

No; It wasn't always like this; but this is the reason why Axl is the only guy who made Appetite, left.

You're wrong on both points. Axl is the same as he was in 1987 and Slash has said plenty of times that the biggest reason he left was because of musical differences.

No; It wasn't always like this; but this is the reason why Axl is the only guy who made Appetite, left.

Slash has said plenty of times that the biggest reason he left was because of musical differences.

Not according to his book.

But what do I know. **shrugs**

It was always like this. Axl always went on when he was ready. The band waited for him, and put up with it just like this band does. Sure the old members left, but I'm sure they wished they didn't. They were all begging for a reunion for years until Axl shit on Slash, now all of a sudden Slash changed his tune. So it comes down to you either putting up with Axl to get the magic that he brings, or leaving the band and playing with Scott Weiland. It doesn't surprise me that you don't know shit about GNR though. You're always posting stupid shit in every thread, and like shitty music otherwise. I'm not even convinced you like GNR.

Slash has said plenty of times that the biggest reason he left was because of musical differences.

Not according to his book.

But what do I know. **shrugs**

You don't know shit, obviously. Theres stories in his book about this very thing. Going on when he's ready. Not changing because that's who he is. So you can go read Slash's book to further illustrate the point that Axl is the same person as he was back then.

Axl didn't get that way until after GnR found success and his ego got inflated. Opening for Aerosmith, they went on stage on time. Opening for The Cult, they went on stage on time. Opening for Motley Crue, they went on stage on time. Hell, the early headlining shows they went on stage on time. All the shit didn't really start to hit the fan with late arrivals til the Illusion tour, IIRC.

Axl didn't get that way until after GnR found success and his ego got inflated. Opening for Aerosmith, they went on stage on time. Opening for The Cult, they went on stage on time. Opening for Motley Crue, they went on stage on time. Hell, the early headlining shows they went on stage on time. All the shit didn't really start to hit the fan with late arrivals til the Illusion tour, IIRC.

You make a good point there Tat, so I'll admit that I was wrong when I specificly said "since 1987", because you're correct in pointing out it wasn't until the fame enabled him to hit the stage late. Opening acts don't have much of a choice compared to headliners. But the main point remains, Axl has been this way for 20 or more years (it was 1989 when when they really started to take off) and it's pretty safe to say "he's always been like that" since that's the vast majority of his career.

You make a good point there Tat, so I'll admit that I was wrong when I specificly said "since 1987", because you're correct in pointing out it wasn't until the fame enabled him to hit the stage late. Opening acts don't have much of a choice compared to headliners. But the main point remains, Axl has been this way for 20 or more years (it was 1989 when when they really started to take off) and it's pretty safe to say "he's always been like that" since that's the vast majority of his career.

There is a story in Slash's book about Axl not showing up at all when they were going to open for Alice Cooper. He's always been this way.

Notice Axl never pulls the "technical issues" or going on late crap when it's for MTV VMA's etc.... or the Freddie Mercury AIDS concert etc..... and you know why? Because they would just cancel him and move on with no problem. It's so planned/scripted people. Think about it. The Freddie Mercury deal was band to band (quick stage changes) and funny....no techinical issues for Axl then. Same for VMA's. He has 'tech issues' when he wants to.

Edited by Snowmass

Notice Axl never pulls the "technical issues" or going on late crap when it's for MTV VMA's etc.... or the Freddie Mercury AIDS concert etc..... and you know why? Because they would just cancel him and move on with no problem. It's so planned/scripted people. Think about it. The Freddie Mercury deal was band to band (quick stage changes) and funny....no techinical issues for Axl then. Same for VMA's. He has 'tech issues' when he wants to.

A Tribute Concert or TV event is much different than a festival slot.

My point. He doesn't have 'technical issues' then. He only has them when he wants to go on late. He would never pull that stunt when he has to be on time due to MTV or the tribute people.

My point. He doesn't have 'technical issues' then. He only has them when he wants to go on late. He would never pull that stunt when he has to be on time due to MTV or the tribute people.

You're doing this very very wrong. He goes on late pretty well every show and he doesn't blame it on tech issues. The recent case from last week was someone else claiming there were technical issues that did hold things up and it wasn't Axl's fault.