Who the fuck does Axl Rose think he is?

Marky

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in attendance at Reading Festival last summer. Having never been I was excited to see what the English crowd was like in comparison to brilliant crowds in Scotland (who are undoubtedly the world's best and I wont hear anything against that).

On the friday night the Kings of Leon put on a brilliant show... yet I couldn't believe how static the crowd were around me. They were booing inbetween songs and standing still. The same thing took place the following night for the Arctic Monkeys. So when I read that Axl wasn't exactly welcomed by the crowd I was anything but surprised. What you've called one of the world's most respected festivals to me seemed like it was populated with pompous-know-it-all's who were so wrapped up in their self-importance that they forgot what a festival was all about: having fun.

Leeds are further north, the people are better and more fun. Plus there will be a larger Scottish contingency. If Axl wanted to come and win over Britain all he had to do was play T in the Park. Because at the very least the fans would have given him a chance.

Fuck Reading.

I was in attendance at Reading Festival last summer. Having never been I was excited to see what the English crowd was like in comparison to brilliant crowds in Scotland (who are undoubtedly the world's best and I wont hear anything against that).

On the friday night the Kings of Leon put on a brilliant show... yet I couldn't believe how static the crowd were around me. They were booing inbetween songs and standing still. The same thing took place the following night for the Arctic Monkeys. So when I read that Axl wasn't exactly welcomed by the crowd I was anything but surprised. What you've called one of the world's most respected festivals to me seemed like it was populated with pompous-know-it-all's who were so wrapped up in their self-importance that they forgot what a festival was all about: having fun.

Leeds are further north, the people are better and more fun. Plus there will be a larger Scottish contingency. If Axl wanted to come and win over Britain all he had to do was play T in the Park. Because at the very least the fans would have given him a chance.

Fuck Reading.

Amen

Seriously, Guns would fuckin kill T

Fuck Reading.

Have to say I agree, a lot of the crowd throughout the day were annoying, the vibe was very different to Download which I went to earlier this year which was a whole lot better (although GN'R had problems with the crowd at Download a few years back). Partly its because Reading has become very mainstream and basically whoever is flavour of the month in NME plays and the crowd reflects this. It's not what I'd call a proper rock festival anymore whereas Download and Sonisphere are. GN'R and QOTSA are the only proper rock bands playing the festival. Which annoyed me when the other bands on the bill were slagging off GN'R when they are nowhere near as good. Only slag off a band if you are better than them.

Bring on the October arena tour. Hopefully the crowd in Birmingham will be better. [And I get to hear Better properly as the plug won't be pulled :lol:]

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Fuck Reading.

:sleeper:

Reading was my first festival last year and it seriously put me off going to another festival again. the crowd are shit and people don't go for the music at all

+1

I only went to Reading because it looked for a long time as this would be the only GN'R show (other than Leeds obviously). Bring on the October tour with real GN'R fans and a full set!

Added: I notice on the Reading forum some halfwit posted that that thought Lostprophets' diabolical excuse of a version of Sweet Child was 'better than the original' again proving these people know nothing about music.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

How funny is to see a bunch of crazed a**es dicking around about GN'R and mostly about Axl BECAUSE they have nothing better than do and own no lives. Always they seem to look after lies, stupid gossip, they have a stupid view about everything and worst: they discuss about this in their spare time! What a tragic waste of time, honeys.

You don't like it, DO NOT watch and DO NOT follow it! Just, what the f**k? Is that hard to make it work in your hollowed heads? Period

Edited by TarjaR