Who the fuck does Axl Rose think he is?

Marky

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pathetic what Axl did and this has left a very bad taste in my mouth in regards to this band. The OP is absolutely right about everything he said. Axl Rose has proven once again that he's a selfish dick and doesn't care much about his fans. The acoustic bit at the end was cool, but it DOES NOT make his dickwad move of showing up an hour and a half late magically disappear. If this was his gameplan all along, he should've thought of another.

Showing up late may have been cool in 1991, but in 2010 it's played out.

If Axl wants to really go against the grain he should start an hour early. Now how rock n' roll would that be?

Don't be an idiot, Axl Rose isn't a reclusing perfectionist whom shows up late because he somehow thinks it's "cool" as you put it. His actions are such because it's his personality and it can't be changed without a great deal of shrinkage - something I'm sure he's not willing to sit through.

If Axl wants to really go against the grain he should start an hour early. Now how rock n' roll would that be?

Don't be an idiot, Axl Rose isn't a reclusing perfectionist whom shows up late because he somehow thinks it's "cool" as you put it. His actions are such because it's his personality and it can't be changed without a great deal of shrinkage - something I'm sure he's not willing to sit through.

Yet he's done it in the past...

Just after he was starting to get the slightest bit of praise from an article here and there, and having his picture on BBC's website, he fucks it up like this. He had a real shot at regaining some of his reputation, but now it's probably gone for good, because I don't think any major festival is going to want GN'R now.

First off, apologies if there is a similar topic about this in this section right now, the server is falling apart at the seams and I can't really read anything, or check if there are other topics on this.

Let me summarise:

GNR have gone onstage about an hour/an hour and a half late at Reading. One of the most respected, loved festivals in the world, EVER. Axl Rose is not, has never been, and will never be bigger than Reading, Leeds, or indeed Glastonbury, V, T, Coachella, or any music festival, anywhere. The biggest acts in the world couldn't demand something as ridiculous as turning up way later than advertised. The Rolling Stones, U2, even if the Beatles got back together (and out of their coffins), they couldn't make such a demand. It serves Axl right that the crowd are booing every song, which is only right. That crowd have stood there all day, in the rain and mud, and it's now VERY fucking cold, and they're being made to wait, for what? An ego. An overblown, inflated ego. Guns N Roses haven't been relevant for years (No, Chinese Democracy is not relevant in today's world, for those of you furiously defending the album. I love it, but popular, it is now.) This was Axl's ONE chance to show the world that actually, he can lead and orchestrate a succesful new incarnation of this band. If he'd shown up ontime, he could've blown the fucking roof off the joint. But no, because he thinks he's King, he can do as he please.

As for all you idiots stating 'Pfft, all the fucking indie kids at Reading obviously don't know a good show when they see one'. Reading is a ROCK festival. And the fact that Lostprophets, Biffy Clyro, QOTSA and more, can show up, rock the whole festival, and SHOW UP ON TIME, just makes GNR seem even more of a ball ache. The crowd know a good show when they see one, and they know that GNR aren't one.

Seriously, I've grown the accept GNR's shortcomings, but this takes the fucking piss. And before you all retort with 'Don't let the door hit you on the way out' or 'If you don't like it, fuck off', this is a FAN FORUM, and the DISCUSSION section of that forum. I'm allowed to have my opinion, of which many of you I'm sure will agree with. If all we're allowed to do is praise and arselick that band/singer, then it isn't a forum, it's a mockery. I'm raising my very valid thoughts, and my fucking frustration with a band who have no respect for their fanbase. I rarely post in this section, my main haunts are the AG sections, so it's not like I'm losing out by not posting in here anyway.

But I am done with this band. I won't buy future albums/gig tickets, and I simply don't care. I'm tired, and overall, dissapointed. What a fucking piss take of a band!

If you hate this band so much, why are you here?

I get your frustration but...your just bitching for the sake of bitching if you continue to be a member of this forum. It'll just prove you have a miserable and worthless life, thats so pathetic and useless that you have to go into a forum and bitch just to bitch.

I think it's pathetic what Axl did and this has left a very bad taste in my mouth in regards to this band. The OP is absolutely right about everything he said. Axl Rose has proven once again that he's a selfish dick and doesn't care much about his fans. The acoustic bit at the end was cool, but it DOES NOT make his dickwad move of showing up an hour and a half late magically disappear. If this was his gameplan all along, he should've thought of another.

The acoustic bit was a last minute "oh shit I effed up" moment of Axl trying to fix things. I wonder how long these hired guns are gonna stick around...(Tommy/Bumble/Frank etc....) Not cool. But then agin, if the pay is good............

They were there HOURS early.

Not going onstage on time was very deliberate and very forced. He's just a cliche now.

They were there HOURS early.

Not going onstage on time was very deliberate and very forced. He's just a cliche now.

Exactly. It was 'rock n roll' 20 years ago. Dude is 50 now. It's a little preconceived & forced& rehearsed/planned now. Grow up.

Moaning? Or being fucking realistic? Anyone who thinks this is acceptable, or 'rock n roll' can get fucked, seriously.

It is not that big of deal...

It would be a lot different if they got cut in the middle of the set, not the last 2 songs

Moaning? Or being fucking realistic? Anyone who thinks this is acceptable, or 'rock n roll' can get fucked, seriously.

It is not that big of deal...

It would be a lot different if they got cut in the middle of the set, not the last 2 songs

They had only played 13 songs up to that point (before Better) if I'm not mistaken. So fans really didn't get a whole lot of a show before the power was cut considering it was the headlining act.

First off, apologies if there is a similar topic about this in this section right now, the server is falling apart at the seams and I can't really read anything, or check if there are other topics on this.

Let me summarise:

GNR have gone onstage about an hour/an hour and a half late at Reading. One of the most respected, loved festivals in the world, EVER. Axl Rose is not, has never been, and will never be bigger than Reading, Leeds, or indeed Glastonbury, V, T, Coachella, or any music festival, anywhere. The biggest acts in the world couldn't demand something as ridiculous as turning up way later than advertised. The Rolling Stones, U2, even if the Beatles got back together (and out of their coffins), they couldn't make such a demand. It serves Axl right that the crowd are booing every song, which is only right. That crowd have stood there all day, in the rain and mud, and it's now VERY fucking cold, and they're being made to wait, for what? An ego. An overblown, inflated ego. Guns N Roses haven't been relevant for years (No, Chinese Democracy is not relevant in today's world, for those of you furiously defending the album. I love it, but popular, it is now.) This was Axl's ONE chance to show the world that actually, he can lead and orchestrate a succesful new incarnation of this band. If he'd shown up ontime, he could've blown the fucking roof off the joint. But no, because he thinks he's King, he can do as he please.

As for all you idiots stating 'Pfft, all the fucking indie kids at Reading obviously don't know a good show when they see one'. Reading is a ROCK festival. And the fact that Lostprophets, Biffy Clyro, QOTSA and more, can show up, rock the whole festival, and SHOW UP ON TIME, just makes GNR seem even more of a ball ache. The crowd know a good show when they see one, and they know that GNR aren't one.

Seriously, I've grown the accept GNR's shortcomings, but this takes the fucking piss. And before you all retort with 'Don't let the door hit you on the way out' or 'If you don't like it, fuck off', this is a FAN FORUM, and the DISCUSSION section of that forum. I'm allowed to have my opinion, of which many of you I'm sure will agree with. If all we're allowed to do is praise and arselick that band/singer, then it isn't a forum, it's a mockery. I'm raising my very valid thoughts, and my fucking frustration with a band who have no respect for their fanbase. I rarely post in this section, my main haunts are the AG sections, so it's not like I'm losing out by not posting in here anyway.

But I am done with this band. I won't buy future albums/gig tickets, and I simply don't care. I'm tired, and overall, dissapointed. What a fucking piss take of a band!

Good fucking riddance.

Let me summarise:

Good fucking riddance.

Not a band. It's Axl. Their isn't a band.

It's lucky for Axl that songs like Jungle and Sweet Child are much bigger than him, and people will most likely always turn up to hear them no matter the drama. Good for him to get DJ who can play the parts right, as opposed to Robin who played a different song completely...

It's lucky for Axl that songs like Jungle and Sweet Child are much bigger than him, and people will most likely always turn up to hear them no matter the drama. Good for him to get DJ who can play the parts right, as opposed to Robin who played a different song completely...

Wait a second you mean to tell me Marry Had A Little Lamb isn't the same as SCOM?!

When did QOTSA stopped playing? 9.35pm? Than tell me, why is the "late" start of G N' R's set Axl's fault when they have to build up the stage for G N' R's set? You must be realy dumb to not understand it that the crew can't do this within a time frame of 10 minutes. As soon QOTSA had left the stage EVERYBODY, even the promoter, must have knewed that G N' R would start with their show around 10.30pm. It's not Axl's fault, the only one who's to blame is the promoter. He is 1 of the persons who is responsible for the time tables for every band on the festival and probably already knowed before that G N' R would start with their show around 10.30pm.

Let me summarise:

100% agreed, ignore the battered wives in here claiming that they " deserve it ".

Yes I have been to a Guns N Roses, and it made me fucking sad to see at least 25% of the arena empty before even halfway through the set, because of the late start. And QOTSA finished at 8:45, and don't give it 'well they have a complicated stage setup so meeeerrrrrr', PLEASE! Do me a fucking favour. AN HOUR LATE MEANS THEY WERE READY TO GO ON AT 9:30. Do me a fucking favour. Doing this at a festival which could lose it's bloody license, is simply fucked up.