Richard Fortus says "Axl won't ever change"

ChristianGNR

No, he won't ever change. I think we all realize that.

But we also realize he used to have a lot more leeway. When you are one of the biggest bands in the world, you can do this stuff.

Bordering on total irrelevance like they are now, I'm not sure its the play.

But we also realize he used to have a lot more leeway. When you are one of the biggest bands in the world, you can do this stuff.

ha, total irrelevance?

this guys a couple fries short of a happy meal.

ha, total irrelevance?

this guys a couple fries short of a happy meal.

He sure is. He thinks because him and his friends who love Slash don't like GNR the whole world doesn't. Too bad they're still huge around the world.

Too bad it isn't the performance that is proving that Axl is still the most dynamic singer in the world - but the non-singing stuff. I wish people would be talking about their performance.

Axl does shit to take away from the performances on purpose.

He's no idiot - why do you think he doesn't let this or any performance stream, why do you think he doesn't do interviews with the new band, why do you think there are no dvds of the new band's concerts, why do you think he always cause some kinda of controversy before every big show to take away from the performance?

He's no idiot.

He knows if the fans truly pay attention to the music and not the side show, then he might have to....

**forget it**

06 rock am ring was streamed, we have 02 rio, both are great shows.

how many shows have you seen in 2010? there is a reason many of us want a DVD, the show is good.

---

awesome posts by richard, nice to see him finally say something relevant.

Fortus doesn't come forward with statements like this very often. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen him standing up for Axl so resolutely. To me a sign that yesterday night has welded the band together like nothing else so far. I may be wrong, of course, just concluding from evidence.

Thanks, Richard, for confirming it. Skin, blood and soul - the real deal. Just ask the ones who work with him. :)

Judging by the reaction from the band at the end and the ensuing comments from Richard, DJ and Ron, I think this could very well be a galvanizing experience for the band.

Ali

i thought it had a gang vibe that hasn't been present since the original days. the 02 band was great but it was by no means a gang haha.

Why should Axl have to change anyway

If you don't like the way he is move on

nah man that would make sense. you are ridiculous.

Too bad it isn't the performance that is proving that Axl is still the most dynamic singer in the world - but the non-singing stuff. I wish people would be talking about their performance.

He's no idiot - why do you think he doesn't let this or any performance stream, why do you think he doesn't do interviews with the new band, why do you think there are no dvds of the new band's concerts, why do you think he always cause some kinda of controversy before every big show to take away from the performance?

He's no idiot.

He knows if the fans truly pay attention to the music and not the side show, then he might have to....

**forget it**

It's not about music? SunnyDRE, you suck so hard, bitch

It hasn't been about the music for 15 years.

Reading was just the latest example.

He's no idiot.

**forget it**

It's not about music? SunnyDRE, you suck so hard, bitch

It hasn't been about the music for 15 years.

Reading was just the latest example.

Think it's safe to say Axl hasn't been superfocusing on releasing music that much for the last 15 years

But where were you going with your first post? I see a few different ways that can end and I'm curious.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

i don't think there is another band out there who would consider going onstage an hour late as "having balls".

C'mon, that is clearly not what he was referring to. He was referring to what happened at the end of the show. Well, at least it it clear to me.

Ali

The point some are trying to make is that it did not need to end that way. I appluad the promoter for sticking to his word and having the balls to pull the plug.