Richard Fortus says "Axl won't ever change"

ChristianGNR

@RichardFortus

# I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Axl insists on doing things his way and not playing by the fucking rules. You can love him or hate him for it, 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# but the fact of the matter is.... he's the real fucking deal. skin, blood and soul. Deal with it or not, but it won't ever change. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# long live rock n' roll 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Edited by ChrisMaciel

Guest Apollo

Too bad it isn't the performance that is proving that Axl is still the most dynamic singer in the world - but the non-singing stuff. I wish people would be talking about their performance.

Too bad it isn't the performance that is proving that Axl is still the most dynamic singer in the world - but the non-singing stuff. I wish people would be talking about their performance.

That's because all you're reading about is the things that went on from the show from a bunch of people who weren't even there. Several people who went to the show came on and said how awesome the band was. This band has been on fire all year. Not like you care though, you're only here for the drama.

Axl does shit to take away from the performances on purpose.

He's no idiot - why do you think he doesn't let this or any performance stream, why do you think he doesn't do interviews with the new band, why do you think there are no dvds of the new band's concerts, why do you think he always cause some kinda of controversy before every big show to take away from the performance?

He's no idiot.

He knows if the fans truly pay attention to the music and not the side show, then he might have to....

**forget it**

But that's more a statement against a screwed up fans and media who looks for dirt, not good music. How many shows did you read about that were awesome Aerosmith shows vs Joe Perry shoving Steven off the stage, and Steven's fall off the stage. Did they write about how great the music sounded just before he took the tumble?

Even the fans, I didn't see any threads waiting to discuss how Chinese Democracy would sound in this concert, but there sure were threads about whether he would be late or not.

That's why some news outlets wait for Axl at an airport, and not at an arena.

Fortus doesn't come forward with statements like this very often. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen him standing up for Axl so resolutely. To me a sign that yesterday night has welded the band together like nothing else so far. I may be wrong, of course, just concluding from evidence.

Thanks, Richard, for confirming it. Skin, blood and soul - the real deal. Just ask the ones who work with him. :)

He's no idiot - why do you think he doesn't let this or any performance stream, why do you think he doesn't do interviews with the new band, why do you think there are no dvds of the new band's concerts, why do you think he always cause some kinda of controversy before every big show to take away from the performance?

He's no idiot.

He knows if the fans truly pay attention to the music and not the side show, then he might have to....

**forget it**

Yeah that's why he got great reviews on this tour from critics who weren't biased and had a personal vendetta against him. Axl has been awesome this tour. Not like you give a shit, since you're only here to find out what ways you can try to bring the band and music down.

Fortus doesn't come forward with statements like this very often. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen him standing up for Axl so resolutely. To me a sign that yesterday night has welded the band together like nothing else so far. I may be wrong, of course, just concluding from evidence.

Thanks, Richard, for confirming it. Skin, blood and soul - the real deal. Just ask the ones who work with him. :)

Judging by the reaction from the band at the end and the ensuing comments from Richard, DJ and Ron, I think this could very well be a galvanizing experience for the band.

Ali

He's no idiot.

**forget it**

It's not about music? SunnyDRE, you suck so hard, bitch

i don't think there is another band out there who would consider going onstage an hour late as "having balls".

C'mon, that is clearly not what he was referring to. He was referring to what happened at the end of the show. Well, at least it it clear to me.

Ali

Edited by Ali

That's because all you're reading about is the things that went on from the show from a bunch of people who weren't even there. Several people who went to the show came on and said how awesome the band was. This band has been on fire all year. Not like you care though, you're only here for the drama.

+1 :thumbsup:

My father was there and he said the best performance GNR had have. The whole crowd was with them against the promoter, there are few videos to prove it. Review the other thread and you will find the singing stuff and their performance. rock3