BBC Radio 5 Live about to rip into Axl

W. Adam S

I was the only texter he read out, he had the promoter on the phone who bashed Axl a bit but still insisted it was a great show.

I thought the promoter was almost too kind too Axl, it would have been so easy to slag him of big time, but credit to him he didn't

I think if anyone's to blame its the city councils not the promoter. He could not have booked GN'R after '02 and even said he'd book them after the drama this year and the craziness about other music being allowed but not the main stage is in the licence. Which again is due to the council.

Now, for my money I'd say the festival won't get cancelled due to curfew breaking as it brings so much money to the areas but I could see why the promoter didn't want to gamble. After all English local government is insane!

And at the end of the day GN'R could have come on stage on time. That's the sad truth. I personally think the curfews are pretty pointless but the fact remains Axl knew the restrictions and was late anyway. There may of course have been a technical hitch up, which is always likely with a stage set that big.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Someone from here should call in :thumbsup:

haha, it'd be fun. :rofl-lol:

Axl Rose is a rock N roll star! Not an X Factor wannabe singing for 10 year olds! The press are far too negative and fail to mention how much the crowd were loving it, They were chanting 'let them play' because the show was simply amazing!!

Good W. Adam S :thumbsup:

What happened at Reading on Friday has caused far to much bullshit for my liking. Let's all face it, regardless of what we may think had happened is, in reality, our own speculation. Just be thankful that those of you who were there, actually got to see them live.

If you hadn't known by then that G n' R are always fashionably late then maybe you should ask yourselves if you are a true fan.

Really, after 20+ years of constantly coming on late do any of you honestly think that this habit will change?

Melvin Benn is a decent bloke and I think there's been a bit of mis-communication going on. He doesn't really deserve any shit from Axl, as entertaining as that was last night.

Colin Murray made a bit of a dick of himself though. Trying to get Benn to say that Axl's behaviour would lead to higher ticket prices for fans, and essentially calling Benn a liar because he didn't toe the media line about the shows being a disaster/everyone leaving ect.

I like Colin aswell, but he let his own opinions get in the way of actual reporting there.

Edited by axldavies

Melvin Benn is a decent bloke and I think there's been a bit of mis-communication going on. He doesn't really deserve any shit from Axl, as entertaining as that was last night.

Colin Murray made a bit of a dick of himself though. Trying to get Benn to say that Axl's behaviour would lead to higher ticket prices for fans, and essentially calling Benn a liar because he didn't toe the media line about the shows being a disaster/everyone leaving ect.

I like Colin aswell, but he let his own opinions get in the way of actual reporting there.

I like Colin too, he's a Liverpool fan! But saying Axl's skin looks bad and he looks like Mickey Rourke etc made him look really stupid. I think he formed his opinion from the gutter press.

I like Colin too, he's a Liverpool fan! But saying Axl's skin looks bad and he looks like Mickey Rourke etc made him look really stupid. I think he formed his opinion from the gutter press.

Unfortunately it seems bashing Axl and GN'R is now what's seen as cool. :( In fact saying you like the new band is pretty odd. Everybody I know still says 'but they're not really GN'R etc and seems surprised when I say 'who cares? They're still great musicians.'. Saying the new band is good just isn't done for some reason.

It's also interesting to see that this negativity doesn't also resonate as loudly in regard to The Smashing Pumpkins of whom Billy is the only original member. Reviews of the shows have been far more positive than those of GN'R shows. I know the lateness is also an issue but at the end of the day that should be a throwaway line in a review and should focus on the music and the show!

I also find it interesting that Classic Rock Magazine once were hugely supportive of GN'R (even naming Chinese Democracy album of the year in 2007 based on the leaks) and now as shown by the Sweden Rock review have changed their tune. It's also interesting that they were promoting Slash's album and selling an exclusive version of it earlier with a magazine in newsagents. Maybe they feel they can't be nice about GN'R if they're promoting Slash's stuff which is stupid IMO.

If they do review Reading/Leeds I'll be interested in what they say.

They just posed the question 'is Axl Rose the most detestable man in rock after his performances at the weekend?'. Waiting for callers mow.

I have been fairly criticle of Axl lately, but at the end of the day he is still the greatest frontman. Or at minimum top 3 with Plant & Mercury. My criticism is more frustration and wanting him to be on at a reasonable time for you (not me since he never tours states). With a couple minor adjustments (be on time, be a little media friendly) he could be touring the states and successfully. He just needs a little thicker skin. He shouldn't take peoples (mine included) criticism so personally. It kinda comes with the territory. Maybe ignore or blow it off would be best. Hows that for a complete 180 from my criticism the other day? LOL

Edited by Snowmass

Slash's album is garbage.

Funny thing is no one talks shit about his album.

Almost 20yrs later ppl are still bitching about slash. Get the fuck over it and move on.

I think its great!!

Totally agree best album I've heard in years. (also lovin your avatar!)

Slash's album is garbage.

Funny thing is no one talks shit about his album.

Almost 20yrs later ppl are still bitching about slash. Get the fuck over it and move on.

I think its great!!

Totally agree best album I've heard in years. (also lovin your avatar!)

Edited by Lines&Noses