Guns N Roses are starting to sound like Guns N Roses

rockrecord

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Leeds and Reading shows were perfect.

They are finally starting to sound like a band!

No reunion necessary.

They have been sounding like a band from the beginning of the tour (Asia 2009).

The bbc proshot footage is excellent! Axl is on fire!

No reunion necessary.

**puke,lol,falling over**; Seriously?

reunion necessary.

It's funny how you link to a song from the album, when the guy is talking about how they sound live. Not that there is anything wrong with This I love on the album. It's one of the best GNR songs period.

I agree with the original poster. They sound real tight live right now.

No reunion necessary.

reunion necessary.

It's funny how you link to a song from the album, when the guy is talking about how they sound live. Not that there is anything wrong with This I love on the album. It's one of the best GNR songs period.

The "live" experience, is just but one part, in the overall equation of enjoying a band imo; but nevertheless, I don't want to hear, This I Love or any other CD song, when I see GNR live;

They don't have to play "old shit" to appease me, but something else.. something better.

CD is not good to me. So it doesn't matter if I'm at a party hearing a song from it, or if I'm at a GNR concert.

It will always be bathroom break/please can you play another song time for me.

This I Love is a pretty unbelievable song. What a fantastic melody, along with a guitar solo that beats almost any that Slash has played bar November Rain and Sweet Child O'Mine. The lyrics may not be to everybody's taste but they are written that way purposefully and within the context of the song it works incredibly well. Axl's voice is chill-inducing, as well.

No reunion necessary.

**LMAO**

This is not Guns N Roses.

Funny considering this song was made back in 93.

Hey retardo.

I don't give shit when it was made. Don't care if slash, shaq, or moby help write it.

To me it's, crap. Axl can do better.

No reunion necessary.

reunion necessary.

Yeah dawg we need some "Ho's!" and some "bitches and guns" lyrics, homie g.

Judging from your posts; You could do with some "Ho's", in your life.

No reunion necessary.

**LMAO**

Funny considering this song was made back in 93.

Hey retardo.

I don't give shit when it was made. Don't care if slash, shaq, or moby help write it.

To me it's, crap. Axl can do better.

These are the posts that I like from you, "To me it's crap". That's good, it's your opinion, I can understand how it's not for you. But when you say "ThIS iS NoT GNr lOls!", I contest you on that. Also "retardo"? I thought you could come up with something better and more tasteful than that, but I guess a college education isn't for everyone.

No reunion necessary.

reunion necessary.

The "live" experience, is just but one part, in the overall equation of enjoying a band imo; but nevertheless, I don't want to hear, This I Love or any other CD song, when I see GNR live;

They don't have to play "old shit" to appease me, but something else.. something better.

CD is not good to me. So it doesn't matter if I'm at a party hearing a song from it, or if I'm at a GNR concert.

It's fine that you don't like CD, but do you have to be so negative jumping in every post trashing everything about GNR? If theres any element of GNR that you do like, why not show some positivity here once in awhile? It would turn you from hater to someone with an opinion.

Edited by DocBrown

No reunion necessary.

**LMAO**

That was not an original, useful post.

Yet you found the time to respond/cupcake me. Like you do with most all my posts.

wipe your mouth..

Edited by SunnyDRE

No reunion necessary.

reunion necessary.

It's fine that you don't like CD, but do you have to be so negative jumping in every post trashing everything about GNR? If theres any element of GNR that you do like, why not show some positivity here once in awhile? It would turn you from hater to someone with an opinion.

That's just it though. SunnyDRE is not a person with an opinion. A person with an opinion is capable of doing something other that posting the same, tired arguments over and over, offending fans of the band on a fan forum, and generally uses constructive criticism.

SunnyDRE posts juvenile messages saying things like *puke* simply because he/she (not sure what gender the poster is given the icon) is a hater, and is only here to remind us that he/she hates the band. This forum very specifically has a section where he/she could celebrate the old lineups, but instead he/she very intentionally posts in here to rain on everyone's parade every change he/she gets.

"**puke,lol,falling over**" - how old are you SunnyDRE, 12??? Because you sound like it.

No reunion necessary.

**LMAO**

Yet you found the time to respond/cupcake me. Like you do with most all my posts.

wipe your mouth..

I've responded to you about 5 times in the *years* I've been on this board, SunnyDRE, so actually, I'm pretty sure that's not "most all your posts."

I do, however, think you're one pathetic excuse for a "fan" and frankly, you're also a majorly hypocritical pot calling the kettle black given you're probably the biggest cupcake on this board. Your only purpose here seems to be to stir up trouble, and really - do you have nothing better to do with your life than, for years and years, run around yelling "it's not Guns N' Roses!" - I mean really, it's also no longer 1996. It's also not the Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Wolfmother, Weezer, Alice in Chains, Hole, Bush, Evanescence, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, or any other number of bands who have only one or two original members remaining (as do every single band in that list!).

So really... if you have a point of being here, other than to antagonize people, I sure as hell don't see it. But then, what I can picture you as is the heckler at the comedy club, or at the local bar gig, trying more to get attention for themselves by being a prick than anything. It's not like you have anything constructive to offer - you just need everyone to know how much you HATE the current lineup.

We know. Mission accomplished.

No reunion necessary.

**LMAO**

wipe your mouth..

I've responded to you about 5 times in the *years* I've been on this board, SunnyDRE, so actually, I'm pretty sure that's not "most all your posts."

I do, however, think you're one pathetic excuse for a "fan" and frankly, you're also a majorly hypocritical pot calling the kettle black given you're probably the biggest cupcake on this board. Your only purpose here seems to be to stir up trouble, and really - do you have nothing better to do with your life than, for years and years, run around yelling "it's not Guns N' Roses!" - I mean really, it's also no longer 1996. It's also not the Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Wolfmother, Weezer, Alice in Chains, Hole, Bush, Evanescence, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, or any other number of bands who have only one or two original members remaining (as do every single band in that list!).

So really... if you have a point of being here, other than to antagonize people, I sure as hell don't see it. But then, what I can picture you as is the heckler at the comedy club, or at the local bar gig, trying more to get attention for themselves by being a prick than anything. It's not like you have anything constructive to offer - you just need everyone to know how much you HATE the current lineup.

We know. Mission accomplished.

My bad Kyrie. Next time, I will try not to get it in your eye.

No reunion necessary.

reunion necessary.

That's just it though. SunnyDRE is not a person with an opinion. A person with an opinion is capable of doing something other that posting the same, tired arguments over and over, offending fans of the band on a fan forum, and generally uses constructive criticism.

SunnyDRE posts juvenile messages saying things like *puke* simply because he/she (not sure what gender the poster is given the icon) is a hater, and is only here to remind us that he/she hates the band. This forum very specifically has a section where he/she could celebrate the old lineups, but instead he/she very intentionally posts in here to rain on everyone's parade every change he/she gets.

"**puke,lol,falling over**" - how old are you SunnyDRE, 12??? Because you sound like it.

I'm 12 and a half, retardo.

I view the 2002 line up as kind of a supergroup: Axl chose the best musicians with bucket loads of talent to reinvent the sound of Gn'R, make a modern record and perform it live while playing the old material too.

The current line up is more of a band in the sense that everybody seem to like each other and are stable so the chemisty is there, and you have DJ as the guy who brought back the old school Guns feel to the back catalog.

It's two different bands really, and only after this line up releases an album, we can really compare the two. Live, I don't know if it's sounds better, but it's sounds more like a retro band, playing the old material more closely to how old Guns used to play it. I like both styles.

Edited by Rovim